1974 Bronx Bus Map scan (Front and back)

IRT Bronx Express

Disclaimer: All credit goes to Gold_12th from SubChat for scanning this map around May 2011. I uploaded them through Google docs because I don't know if Megaupload links are acceptable, which is where I downloaded them from.

Bronx Bus Map: 1974 Front

Bronx Bus Map: 1974 Back

Anyways, I randomly found this map while I Google-searched for "Bronx Bus Map 1977". Any questions, ask right away. Here is a preview if you want to see it right away. :P

Wakefield_Eastchester_1974.png

Parkchester_Soundview_1974.png

ServiceTimePattern_1974.png

Bx55 had a purpose to replace the 3rd Ave EL and was one of two or three free transfers between Bus and Subways. The Bx55 a deal compared to the Bx29 and eventually the Bx15. The metrocard actually hurt the Bx55 because it was no longer a free transfer extension of the NYC subway. But i do find it interesting that 3rd Ave was a one way street in the 70's.

What amazes me is that the Bx55 was extremely frequent back in the day when Metrocards didn't exist yet. It also traveled via Washington Ave (downtown). :cool:

That was because 3rd Av was once a one-way Northbound.

...and was one of two or three free transfers between Bus and Subways.
The others were the B24 (past Marcy Av), B54 (Myrtle Av), B35 (9 Av (;) to Church Av (F) ), and Q49 (Jamaica Av El)?

That was because 3rd Av was once a one-way Northbound.
I know, I saw some pics depicting that on nycsubway.org. I didn't know that downtown buses traveled in Washington Av.

Wow the Q44 was around at that time.LOL
That makes me wonder when the QBx1 debuted.

WOW talk about a night and day difference, this is really cool, thanks!
I found another one map from him, coming soon. :cool:

Archived