Preview of the new M8 cars

Nice pics! I was there just before they were about to haul it away. Sat in for the last 20 minutes it was there. ABC 7 Eyewitness News was doing a report at the moment I was there too. I liked the interior of the M8 alot. Looks promising. Can't wait til they start coming in and start service.

Nice catch with 126 at GCT.

Nice photos!

NH marked equipment such as this locomotive on the New Haven line, which goes into CT. The cars will have "State of connecticut" seals on them.

- Andy

That bad boy is sick. The M8's are for MNR right?

Yep the M8s are for MNR and will replace the M2s sadly

Are these your pictures? Where are the exterior pictures at?

What do you think of the M8?

Yes they are my pics. There wasn't an exterior the outside was just an sliver box. As for what i think of them i think the inside looked nice. I give the inside an 8.5 out of 10. I filled out the little report card they was giving out. I mostly rated everything an 8.

Nice pics! I was there just before they were about to haul it away. Sat in for the last 20 minutes it was there. ABC 7 Eyewitness News was doing a report at the moment I was there too. I liked the interior of the M8 alot. Looks promising. Can't wait til they start coming in and start service.

Thanks!!

Nice photos!

NH marked equipment such as this locomotive on the New Haven line, which goes into CT. The cars will have "State of connecticut" seals on them.

- Andy

Thanks!!

Nice shots! I'm glad you found the new diesel there, too.

I loved the seats as soon as I sat down (just got out of a seat on an M-2/4/6 that was pretty lived in). I thought the legroom was ok (tall guy here) and the armrests aren't the "shirt rippers" that they are in M-7/a's. They asked me a whole bunch of questions and I didn't have presence of mind to remember everyone's gripes, like the 3 seats wide and other stuff like that. Still I give the car a coupla thumbs up ;)

Here are some shots I took

Nice shots! I'm glad you found the new diesel there, too.

I loved the seats as soon as I sat down (just got out of a seat on an M-2/4/6 that was pretty lived in). I thought the legroom was ok (tall guy here) and the armrests aren't the "shirt rippers" that they are in M-7/a's. They asked me a whole bunch of questions and I didn't have presence of mind to remember everyone's gripes, like the 3 seats wide and other stuff like that. Still I give the car a coupla thumbs up ;)

Here are some shots I took

Thanks!! And nice pics!!

Now if that was in GCT doesn't that mean that the 126 have to run on electric to? Much like the P32ACs? But I don't think it does because I don't see any shes on it from other pics. Unless they are aftermarket parts:p:confused:

Now if that was in GCT doesn't that mean that the 126 have to run on electric to? Much like the P32ACs? But I don't think it does because I don't see any shes on it from other pics. Unless they are aftermarket parts:p:confused:

it ran into GCT on diesel power its not a dual mode loco like the P32s. Dielels can run into GCT on diesel power but just not on passger trains.

Archived