The MTA Regional Bus Hurricane Recovery Thread

Harry

From the (MTA) weather page :

MTA Statement on Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Warning

August 26, 2011

The MTA is actively preparing for the impact of Hurricane Irene, coordinating with the Governor's Office, Mayor's Office and regional OEMs consistent with our Hurricane Plan. We are making arrangements to bring in extra personnel over the weekend, preparing our facilities and infrastructure by clearing drains, securing work sites against possible high winds, checking and fueling equipment, stocking supplies, and establishing plans to move equipment and supplies away from low-lying areas as needed. Because of the severity of the wind and rain associated with a hurricane, there may be partial or full shut down of our services to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. We are also prepared to implement evacuation plans if the Mayor and Governor decide that is necessary. We urge our customers to check mta.info frequently and to consider the impacts of this storm when making travel plans through the weekend.

MTA Department of Buses: All Service Currently being Suspended. All Runs are are on final trips. Hurricane Shelter Buses have been mobilized. Mandatory Evacuations are in effect for coastal areas in all 5 boroughs effective 5pm tomorrow afternoon.

I'm being told Command Center will NOT be shutting down until all HS buses have stopped running.

Westchester Bee-Line: Bee-Line bus and ParaTransit will end service Saturday evening starting at 6:00 p.m. Sunday service is cancelled. Service is expected to resume on Monday subject to road and weather conditions.

Service is currently suspended on routes 75 and 91.

LIB is telling its operators to make one final round trip after 12:30 and then return to the yard. Given that some LIB routes take 90+ minutes one way, I wouldn't assume full service shutdown until at least 4PM.

I was in Bayside today, and saw an N20 #1805 heading to Roslyn, Mineola Ave at around 2:30 pm. It won't get to Mineola until after 3 pm, so there will still be some buses running after 3.

I was in Bayside today, and saw an N20 #1805 heading to Roslyn, Mineola Ave at around 2:30 pm. It won't get to Mineola until after 3 pm, so there will still be some buses running after 3.

You tresspassed my neighborhood!!

Any ways bus service is OFFICALLY over for the week. So I heard some buses are for hurricane evacuations??

After the storm are buses going to be free until the subway starts up again?

I don't know about that, but I do know that according to the link below, the (MTA) does NOT plan on reimbursing riders with Unlimited Metrocards for any of the lost days at the moment... :mad:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/27/a-break-on-your-metrocard-because-of-the-storm-m-t-a-says-no/

I don't know about that, but I do know that according to the link below, the (MTA) does NOT plan on reimbursing riders with Unlimited Metrocards for any of the lost days at the moment... :mad:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/27/a-break-on-your-metrocard-because-of-the-storm-m-t-a-says-no/

The MTA is just being ridiculous now.

I have no idea what the MTA was thinking when they decided to make the subway and bus free starting last night. I mean sure for areas that are Zone A, maybe even B and C, give them free service for evacuation purposes, but really the MTA lost SO much money from people going out on a Friday night.

I swear I must've saved at least $10 from going out last night and this morning, and taking the bus one stop instead of walking. I've taken the M31 at least 3 times to go a couple blocks in addition to boarding an east bound crosstown bus at 1st Avenue because it was already there.

The MTA is just being ridiculous now.

I have no idea what the MTA was thinking when they decided to make the subway and bus free starting last night. I mean sure for areas that are Zone A, maybe even B and C, give them free service for evacuation purposes, but really the MTA lost SO much money from people going out on a Friday night.

I swear I must've saved at least $10 from going out last night and this morning, and taking the bus one stop instead of walking. I've taken the M31 at least 3 times to go a couple blocks in addition to boarding an east bound crosstown bus at 1st Avenue because it was already there.

Really... You can't take money from people and not give them the service and then say that they aren't allowed to get those days back. :mad: You better believe that if they don't do anything, I certainly WILL get my money back. Screw that. :mad:

Calm the hell down. Both of you. Can we get past tomorrow first???

The buses were free as a courtesy! They could have made your ass pay! Nobody cares that they lost money. There is a hurricane headed toward NYC. Stop thinking about yourselves for a minute and relax! When service resumes, then you can ask about getting your damn money back. Smfh!:tdown:

Archived