Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Harry

The MTA Regional Bus Hurricane Recovery Thread

My sentiments exactly. A few more hours wouldn't have killed them, but certainly not until 18:00. Maybe until 14:00 or 15:00 at the very latest.

Buses were still running out here in Brooklyn until 3pm finishing up their last trip

There are MTA supervisors going up and down Fulton Street with some regularity. If anything starts up first, it would be buses along subway/rail routes.

I am a little surprised at what I am reading.

The MTA gave people free rides to induce them to do what they had to do before the storm. This kept the number of people out after noon down, which was the intent. The MTA does not control the weather, so why should they refund anyone?

Yeah well I had things that I had to do yesterday that I couldn't because they shut down bus service early, way before any storm was around and in addition to that the few things that I could do had to be done using other means of getting around. There was nothing going on at the time that they shut down the buses and me along with plenty of other straphangers feel that we should be refunded and I plan to dispute it accordingly and encourage others to do so.

Any other event or any other service that you don't get you get credited for. The games were canceled yesterday and they'll make up games that those people will be able to attend and I'm sure that folks without power will be either be reimbursed or compensated somehow, so this is no different.

My thoughts on this:

I want to be reimbursed for lost days on my unlimited metrocard

The buses shouldn't have been free Friday night

I have one thing to say about this:

SO?!

Yeah well I had things that I had to do yesterday that I couldn't because they shut down bus service early, way before any storm was around and in addition to that the few things that I could do had to be done using other means of getting around. There was nothing going on at the time that they shut down the buses and me along with plenty of other straphangers feel that we should be refunded and I plan to dispute it accordingly and encourage others to do so.

Any other event or any other service that you don't get you get credited for. The games were canceled yesterday and they'll make up games that those people will be able to attend and I'm sure that folks without power will be either be reimbursed or compensated somehow, so this is no different.

Stop complaining already we get it, your going to try and get your money back. There's no need for you to turn this thread into that subject when you already started a thread on it that was closed.

Stop complaining already we get it, your going to try and get your money back. There's no need for you to turn this thread into that subject when you already started a thread on it that was closed.

I don't recall addressing you, but whatever.

It doesn't matter if you were not addressing me I can reply to any post on this web site. All I am saying is that people other than myself are probably tired of you complaining about the same thing over and over again. Don't take it the wrong way, you do make some insightful posts on most threads but we just don't need you to keep pushing the fact that you are going to try to get your money back over and over again.

Just stop now. I closed your thread for a reason. Do what ever it is you want to do, but I as well as countless other NYCTF members don't really care to hear about it over and over again. So change the subject. This is NOT about you!

WNBC is reporting that buses will be up and running by 5pm, possibly sooner.

Now that's 4:30 PM as of WABC. Service remains fare free.

Edited by Kriston Lewis

I think the best thing that the (MTA) did was kill the fare for yesterday so that they could help people who needed to get out of areas that needed evacuating. I'm sure this is going to happen again when it's time to bring people back to those areas but who knows. This was a unique situation, so it was treated as such. I just hope that bus service comes back very soon cause I got to go to work tomorrow. LOL

Bus service will NOT be fully restored by 5pm. So everyone can cancel that out of their minds.

Buses will however begin to return to routes soon.

There are buses from different depots all over the city. It's going to take some time getting the logistics of all this back to normal.

Most people should be able to get around well by bus tomorrow morning.

Most people should be able to get around well by bus tomorrow morning.

But the bus network can't handle the load if the subway is out.

UPDATE: As of 4:30 p.m. the MTA will begin restoring limited bus service in New York City. Full details about the routes where service will be provided in the Service Status Box at left when available. Restoration will begin in Manhattan and the Bronx, followed by Queens and Brooklyn. Conditions in Staten Island continue to prevent restoration of service at this time. No fares will be charged for service provided today.

As always, no word on LIB. But Mangano's press conference listed a TON of blocked streets, many of which are parts of bus routes, so I don't expect service restoration until tomorrow evening at the earliest.

Thank God the bus service is back, but unfortunately, I cannot see myself being able to go to school tomorrow because of the subway issue. I live to far away from my college to get there on buses on time.

All routes will start limited service with the exception of the following routes:

Bx1, Bx2, Bx7, Bx10, Bx26 and Bx29

Beginning, 4:30 pm, Sunday, Aug 28

All routes will start limited service with the exception of the following:

Q3, Q4, Q12, Q13, Q16, Q17, Q19, Q20, Q25, Q27, Q28, Q33, Q34, Q38, Q43, Q44, Q46, Q64, Q85, Q101 and Q103 buses.

Buses will operate fare free for the remainder of the day. No express buses until further notice. Only local buses will operate.

Trip Planner itineraries and schedules will not reflect these updates.

Please visit http://www.mta.info for the most current service updates for all buses and subways.

No route-specific Manhattan details, I assume all routes operating.

That description is kind of vague

The Bronx listing has been reduced to just the Bx29.

Although unlisted, B25 service is running.

That bus must be jammed with (A)(C) passengers.

EDIT: BusTime shows 6 buses on the B63; M16/M34 is down.

Thank God the bus service is back, but unfortunately, I cannot see myself being able to go to school tomorrow because of the subway issue. I live to far away from my college to get there on buses on time.

Mind if I ask what school you go to? If I had to take an educated guess, most colleges might close tomorrow depending on the mass transit scenario.

Only bus routes that appear to NOT be running:

S52, S61

Q3, Q4, Q12, Q13, Q16, Q17, Q19, Q20, Q25, Q27, Q28, Q33, Q34, Q38, Q43, Q44, Q46, Q64, Q85, Q101, Q103

Bx29

All expresses

All LI Bus routes

SI is back.

I'm not shocked about the S61 as that bus runs right next to park land in the middle of its run.

Only bus routes that appear to NOT be running:

S52, S61

Q3, Q4, Q12, Q13, Q16, Q17, Q19, Q20, Q25, Q27, Q28, Q33, Q34, Q38, Q43, Q44, Q46, Q64, Q85, Q101, Q103

Bx29

All expresses

All LI Bus routes

SI is back.

The Q28/Q13 IS running, saw a bus on Northern and 150 when I was trying to find a parking place cause I was going to my relatives apartment to eat. I have no power. I am at there place right now, and I saw 9 downed trees on the wya. Some were on houses and some had their roots above ground.

Beginning 4:30 pm, the following routes are operating with limited service: Q3, Q4, Q12, Q13, Q16, Q17, Q19, Q20, Q25, Q27, Q28, Q33, Q38, Q43, Q44, Q46, Q64, Q85, Q101 and Q103 buses.

Buses will operate fare free for the remainder of the day. No express buses until further notice. Only local buses will operate.