"Disqualified" from Job: What Does This Mean?

Donald

So on the pre-employment application it asks "Were you ever dismissed, removed or disqualified from a position, including public employment"?

What does "disqualified" mean in such a context? I though you could only be disqualified from a job you apply to, not one you have.

If I got disqualified from being a court officer for being overwieght during the pre-employment medical exam, do I have to answer "yes"?

The pre employment form is asking a question. "Were you ever dismissed, removed or disqualified from a position, including public employment"?

According to your statement "if you got disqualified from being a court officer for being overweight during the pre-employment medical exam" do I have to answer yes? The answer would be yes. You are required to respond truthfully. It's when you are caught falsifying a document when the trouble begins. Somewhere down the road if it's exposed, you must begin the "dig out" and attempt to establish your credibility or risk being terminated after the falsification is discovered. It's better to provide accurate information when requested.

Disqualification can occur when you are no longer capable of performing your duties. In lieu of termination you may be placed in another job function (demotion) providing one is available. If none is available, management may have no other option than to recommend termination, however this is not par for course. It can also mean that at a previous attempt to gain employment

you were rejected for something on your application.

All the best!

Thanks. Now that I recall the situtation, they told me I was overwieght and should come back when I lost the weight. But I decided I no longer wanted the job and simply never came back. That's not a disqualification, is it?

Well, looks like you guys were right. I was disqualified. I found the form they gave me back in 2006 and it says right on top "Medical Disqualifcation." Thank goodness I kept the form for 5 years!

The disqualifaction had nothing to do with my background or anying of the like. It was 100% because of my weight. So hopefully that should not be held against me...

Well, looks like you guys were right. I was disqualified. I found the form they gave me back in 2006 and it says right on top "Medical Disqualifcation." Thank goodness I kept the form for 5 years!

The disqualifaction had nothing to do with my background or anying of the like. It was 100% because of my weight. So hopefully that should not be held against me...

nothing will be held against you (save for a lengthy criminal past) provided that you disclose it fully during the application process and no "surprises" turn up later.

Question about that as well. If you were doing a pre-employment for another civil service title, was put on medical hold and decided not to continue the process, would that be considered a DQ? I remember getting a letter from that agency after that, but I don't remember if it had to do w/ showing up at another date to continue the medical or if I was removed from continuing the pre-employment.

On that same line it also states "...removed... from a position...". As in not answering a job offer and being removed from that civil service list?

Question about that as well. If you were doing a pre-employment for another civil service title, was put on medical hold and decided not to continue the process, would that be considered a DQ? I remember getting a letter from that agency after that, but I don't remember if it had to do w/ showing up at another date to continue the medical or if I was removed from continuing the pre-employment.

On that same line it also states "...removed... from a position...". As in not answering a job offer and being removed from that civil service list?

no...in the case of not continuing the process, you were not disqualified. you just chose not to continue the process.

Archived