Newkirk Avenue on the (B)(Q) is now

MattTrain

Great shots and nice catch! :tup::tup:

Thanks for the info! Nice shots!

Nice photos. It doesn't sound right though; Newkirk Plaza next! :eek:

Thanks guys, I guess they are renaming it because of the shopping plaza upstairs. Anyways this is an interesting name change.

Nice pictures Matt. I can only imagine the announcements.

I can imagine the station change announcement by C/Rs on the (:P and (Q) trains.

The font on the overhead sign looks too big.

Yep, that's how the station name change caught my attention. It's been that way for about a week now.

I'm really pissed about the station name change, I really miss Newkirk Avenue. There is still 1 sign left (If they haven't taken it down) that says Newkirk Avenue.

On another hand, the R160 "Newkirk Plaza" announcement will probably be done by thompson. Another way to ruin the station.

I'm really pissed about the station name change, I really miss Newkirk Avenue. There is still 1 sign left (If they haven't taken it down) that says Newkirk Avenue.

On another hand, the R160 "Newkirk Plaza" announcement will probably be done by thompson. Another way to ruin the station.

Get over it!

Let's wait and see who announces Newkirk Plaza, shall we?

Get over it!

Thank you, hope you liked the photos.

Newkirk Plaza was the original name way before you were born (and so was I), and who cares about the announcement...

anyways Nice Name Change! and coverage!, My grandparents live near Newkirk Av and its good the MTA came to there senses to rename it!

Nice catch, Matt. :tup:

Awesome Pics

Newkirk Plaza was the original name way before you were born (and so was I), and who cares about the announcement...

anyways Nice Name Change! and coverage!, My grandparents live near Newkirk Av and its good the MTA came to there senses to rename it!

Not bad. I guess I'll be passing through Newkirk Aven...er, PLAZA today.

Thanks guys, I think you'll get used to the name change in no time! :)

Archived