Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

The Amtrak Hurricane Recovery Thread

Most regional trains operated today between NYP & BOS but they were far from sold out. They also operated under slightly different designations as stops were added or removed btw NYP & BOS (i.e. 95 = 1195, 93 = 1193, 172 = 1172). Lots of HHP problems, Acela problems, signal issues on the Shore Line and another car finding it's way onto the tracks by Mill River made for a long day.

Most regional trains operated today between NYP & BOS but they were far from sold out. They also operated under slightly different designations as stops were added or removed btw NYP & BOS (i.e. 95 = 1195, 93 = 1193, 172 = 1172). Lots of HHP problems, Acela problems, signal issues on the Shore Line and another car finding it's way onto the tracks by Mill River made for a long day.

I didn't really expect many of them to be sold out today. That was pretty much taken care of yesterday.

I didn't really expect many of them to be sold out today. That was pretty much taken care of yesterday.

NYP-BOS didn't operate yesterday though, only WAS-PHL as I'm sure you know

NYP-BOS didn't operate yesterday though, only WAS-PHL as I'm sure you know

That I actually didn't know. I received updates here and there, but I was so busy trying to keep up with MTA service updates, that I didn't get a chance to review all the Amtrak service changes.

That I actually didn't know. I received updates here and there, but I was so busy trying to keep up with MTA service updates, that I didn't get a chance to review all the Amtrak service changes.

Yes NYP-BOS started back up this morning with 2190 being the first Acela out and 190 the first regional to Boston since Saturday.