The Amtrak Hurricane Recovery Thread

East New York

Most regional trains operated today between NYP & BOS but they were far from sold out. They also operated under slightly different designations as stops were added or removed btw NYP & BOS (i.e. 95 = 1195, 93 = 1193, 172 = 1172). Lots of HHP problems, Acela problems, signal issues on the Shore Line and another car finding it's way onto the tracks by Mill River made for a long day.

Most regional trains operated today between NYP & BOS but they were far from sold out. They also operated under slightly different designations as stops were added or removed btw NYP & BOS (i.e. 95 = 1195, 93 = 1193, 172 = 1172). Lots of HHP problems, Acela problems, signal issues on the Shore Line and another car finding it's way onto the tracks by Mill River made for a long day.

I didn't really expect many of them to be sold out today. That was pretty much taken care of yesterday.

NYP-BOS didn't operate yesterday though, only WAS-PHL as I'm sure you know

That I actually didn't know. I received updates here and there, but I was so busy trying to keep up with MTA service updates, that I didn't get a chance to review all the Amtrak service changes.

That I actually didn't know. I received updates here and there, but I was so busy trying to keep up with MTA service updates, that I didn't get a chance to review all the Amtrak service changes.

Yes NYP-BOS started back up this morning with 2190 being the first Acela out and 190 the first regional to Boston since Saturday.

Archived