Exam #8006: Just got letter to come in, List #820

prgordo

My appointment is tomorrow I got my CDL permit a few days ago I researched the forums so I pretty much know what to expect but a few questions.

Any one else just got a letter for tomorrow or recently?

I was involved in a car accident with my current job company car does that disqualify me ?

was arrested in 2006 for harassment / criminal mischief paid a fine took 1 anger mgmt class and that was all does that disqualify me ?

since I took the 8006 what bus company would I work for ?

and last I know no job is secure but whats the outlook for this career ?

I currently work for USPS $ 62,000 but we are losing billions every month

and Im new so I would be first to get Laid off so Im looking to jump sad.png

thx in advance for responses

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow #820....1185 is closer than EVER!!!

If I am not mistaken as long as you disclose everything now you should be fine...it's best to let them know now before they find out on their own.

Yeah blaze, last week those who were in the 700's had to report, so

figure this week it will be the 800's, not sure how many per day have

to go down to 180 Livingston St, but the list is moving again.

Good luck to those starting the 8/29 class at Zerega, especially FDBGuy

who had to take the drug exam 3-4 times over the course of 5 months.

Your time has finally arrived.

prgordo: welcome to the forums, hopefully a B/O on here will be able to

answer your questions. Please keep us informed on your situation.

Went today to 180 livingston waited 2 hrs for them to call me then they ask me for deposition (I was arrested in 06 )opps I didnt have one "ok sir come back when you get one" so off I went to supreme court in queens to get one came 2 hr later did the urine given a packet to fill out and sent home ..............( to be continued )

Yeah blaze, last week those who were in the 700's had to report, so

figure this week it will be the 800's, not sure how many per day have

to go down to 180 Livingston St, but the list is moving again.

Good luck to those starting the 8/29 class at Zerega, especially FDBGuy

who had to take the drug exam 3-4 times over the course of 5 months.

Your time has finally arrived.

prgordo: welcome to the forums, hopefully a B/O on here will be able to

answer your questions. Please keep us informed on your situation.

Thanks Loco, not much you can do other than play their game. I wasn't sure what was going to happen with making it to Zerega early this morning but knowing the MTA was putting service back on I had to go. The drive there was great, gave it alot of extra time and actually was having breakfast there at 5:45. FDR Drive was especially smooth. As others have posted Ms. B is great and had us laughing. She is really good with people and patient with people not paying attention. She even remarked "you guys better pay attention when you're driving a 40,000 lb bus". I'll be going to Queens Village tom'w 9am for qualifying training and the transfer is in for Staten Island. I did notice some list #'s, the highest I saw there was 638. Hopefully that transfer comes in for line training, Ms. B said it's possible to get a call in a week if there are openings.

For anyone going to class anytime soon, if you take mass transit and are late, you need to get the # of the train or bus that you take there. MTA will verify your story. There were also 2 that came in about 7:30, that's when she told us that tip. MTA newbies were there in this class also, I think the class total was about 50.

Got the letter to report to on wednesday on the 31 The list is moving fast guys ....my # is in the 900's Wish me Good luck taking it day by day.:tup:

Wow, this has got me so excited lol do you mind specifying if its in the low or high 900's. Thanks a million!

Thanks Loco, not much you can do other than play their game. I wasn't sure what was going to happen with making it to Zerega early this morning but knowing the MTA was putting service back on I had to go. The drive there was great, gave it alot of extra time and actually was having breakfast there at 5:45. FDR Drive was especially smooth. As others have posted Ms. B is great and had us laughing. She is really good with people and patient with people not paying attention. She even remarked "you guys better pay attention when you're driving a 40,000 lb bus". I'll be going to Queens Village tom'w 9am for qualifying training and the transfer is in for Staten Island. I did notice some list #'s, the highest I saw there was 638. Hopefully that transfer comes in for line training, Ms. B said it's possible to get a call in a week if there are openings.

For anyone going to class anytime soon, if you take mass transit and are late, you need to get the # of the train or bus that you take there. MTA will verify your story. There were also 2 that came in about 7:30, that's when she told us that tip. MTA newbies were there in this class also, I think the class total was about 50.

I didn't know you could put in for a transfer on your 1st day at Zerega.

I think your list number is one of the lowest in your class. Queens Village

depot is right off the Cross Island, not a bad commute at all for the time

being.

I didn't know you could put in for a transfer on your 1st day at Zerega.

Yeah, there's a transfer paper issued on orientation day whether you're open to Queens or Staten Island depots at some point, then you can transfer without any penalty; also the paper allows you to decline any type of transfer to their division UNLESS you're forced, but you can always come back during the system pick. Now, years down the line you decide to transfer into the ATU world, then you'll loose seniority or something on the lines of that.

Got the letter to report to on wednesday on the 31 The list is moving fast guys ....my # is in the 900's Wish me Good luck taking it day by day.:tup:

My friend of mine who came to Florida to visit me & my father who is a B/O out of Manhattanvillie Depot & told us that there are alot of B/O's is ready to retire for next couple year and he can wait to leave in late 2012 to move to Florida.

David:cool:

Came home to a message on my answering machine " come tomorrow at 7:30 am for 2nd part of medical and final processing " was that quick or normal ?

(to be continued)

I would say that is record time my friend. You will probably be in the

Sept 12th class(every 2 weeks they have classes during hiring periods).

Keep us updated, thanks.

Came home to a message on my answering machine " come tomorrow at 7:30 am for 2nd part of medical and final processing " was that quick or normal ?

(to be continued)

IMO this is very quick lol, I just got my letter as well. I'm list #1185, hopefully my processing moves at record breaking pace like yours.

The last list number certified for the 8006 list is #1537.

I said it before and I will say it again, that they will go through

the entire list(#3,758) before the list expires on 8/2013.

I wasn't trying to give anybody false hope, MassProduction and even

you Igor will get your chance. The 5025 list was 1,000+ more then the

8006 and they went through the entire list despite a few hiring freezes

along the way. The B/O lists move a lot faster then other lists in transit.

The last list number certified for the 8006 list is #1537.

I said it before and I will say it again, that they will go through

the entire list(#3,758) before the list expires on 8/2013.

I wasn't trying to give anybody false hope, MassProduction and even

you Igor will get your chance. The 5025 list was 1,000+ more then the

8006 and they went through the entire list despite a few hiring freezes

along the way. The B/O lists move a lot faster then other lists in transit.

Is it a high turnover job or something?

Just got back from 180 livingston for the second part medical and more paperwork got there 8:00 and made it through all tests then saw the Doctor and was put on Medical Hold :P

I had surgery in 1998 and 2003 must provide proof that Im ok no heart issues

(Stress test, eco-something lol)

off to see "my" DR tomorrow and see what I can get .

(To be continued)

i went last week for my drug test when i was there i talked to a lot of people and exchanged phone #s.yesterday and today 6 people called said they got a letter they were not accepted wtf.all had cdl clean license also 2 people emailed me to same thing i heard they are up to over 1000 + now never seen so many people getting turned down all i talk to are gonna fight this.this is not right at all never heard of this ????:):(:(

hmmmm I wonder what was the basis for rejection. Could it be that their drug test results came back "dirty"
they seemed ok but i dont know but if you fail the drug test they call you.something is not right with all the people getting rejected you pay money wait for years then they dont tell you why they dont want you wondering whats up here.i think there was only 3 classes and now they are throwing everyone away here something is not right at all ?:mad::mad::mad:

i went last week for my drug test when i was there i talked to a lot of people and exchanged phone #s.yesterday and today 6 people called said they got a letter they were not accepted wtf.all had cdl clean license also 2 people emailed me to same thing i heard they are up to over 1000 + now never seen so many people getting turned down all i talk to are gonna fight this.this is not right at all never heard of this ????:):(:(

It could more than just a clean CDL license. Heard this from a NYCT B/O that they can not accepted you if you fail a drug test, not passing a physical, past criminal history, and a dishonorable discharge from the armed forces. My brother told me about 13 years ago someone that he knew took the physical for B/O, but did not pass an eye exam because of his left eye vision wasn't corrected like his right.

they seemed ok but i dont know but if you fail the drug test they call you.something is not right with all the people getting rejected you pay money wait for years then they dont tell you why they dont want you wondering whats up here.i think there was only 3 classes and now they are throwing everyone away here something is not right at all ?:mad::mad::mad:

hmmmm, I guess they figured a lot of us would go down easy and just to fulfill the requirement of actually "considering" us they called us all in...man that would suck :mad: I really want this job...

It could more than just a clean CDL license. Heard this from a NYCT B/O that they can not accepted you if you fail a drug test, not passing physical, past criminal history, and a dishonorable discharge from the armed forces. My brother told me about 13 years ago someone that he knew took the physical for B/O, but did not pass an eye exam because of his left eye vision wasn't corrected like his right.
but these people took the drug test i asked them on accidents,criminal history etc all of them told they wont be considered for the job it cant be i think they are running through this list and deniying people with out a reason it aint right

Archived