Exam #8006: Just got letter to come in, List #820

prgordo

This has nothing to do with the 1 in 3 rule right?

There has to be something going on. They took our money for the

exam and then decide to pick off people for no rhyme or reason?

Well we know more or less what range of list numbers there are in

the class going on now which started on Monday. Lets see what list

numbers get in the next class which has yet to be confirmed.(Sept 12?)

mass production: they will still hire if you have a past criminal history

I am taking about minor stuff like violations, summonses and misdemeanors,

but if you don't disclose it and they find out then you are history.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This has nothing to do with the 1 in 3 rule right?

There has to be something going on. They took our money for the

exam and then decide to pick off people for no rhyme or reason?

Well we know more or less what range of list numbers there are in

the class going on now which started on Monday. Lets see what list

numbers get in the next class which has yet to be confirmed.(Sept 12?)

mass production: they will still hire if you have a past criminal history

I am taking about minor stuff like violations, summonses and misdemeanors,

but if you don't disclose it and they find out then you are history.

First all thanks for the comment about my time will come, and it is true that any past history you must disclose it. There's no such thing as a perfect person even my brother told me that since he's been working for the City of NY for 11 years.

but these people took the drug test i asked them on accidents,criminal history etc all of them told they wont be considered for the job it cant be i think they are running through this list and deniying people with out a reason it aint right

According to primo they don't have to give you a reason for not hiring you.

We didn't come across this issue with the previous TA list(5025).

Don't worry too much about others with higher list numbers then yours

ex: prgordo #820 taking the medical before you. They are not going in

list number order or so it seems, as FDBguy was placed in a class after a

class which had people with higher list numbers then him.

if you know you do not used drugs and your stuff is correct you will get the job many people will not tell you i smoke a joint last night so just worry about your self and if you are right and do not get the job go to EEO and fight when i first started i got put on medical hold lic problems took me a few months but i did what i had to to do and got the job still and it is worth the fight

if you know you do not used drugs and your stuff is correct you will get the job many people will not tell you i smoke a joint last night so just worry about your self and if you are right and do not get the job go to EEO and fight when i first started i got put on medical hold lic problems took me a few months but i did what i had to to do and got the job still and it is worth the fight

haha so true! Maybe they didn't submit all the documentation required and since its a fairly large list they're not giving second chances. It could be a number of things.

I went to my Doctor who said next thursday is the earliest I can get everything that they need I have to take a stress test and a eco cardiogram

tomorrow and tuesday and thursday he will have everything ready I may not make it to the rumored sept 12 class :( I will call tomorrow and ask whens the next class.

I dont think they just shooing people away just like that cause I was watching the people who went on monday and they all got sent home

either they didnt have CDL permit or birth certificate so they were told to get it come back mon thru friday before 12 I was sent away cause I didnt have disposition so I went and got it came back and did the pee test B)

Some people actually show up without their CDL permit, 3 1/2 yrs after

the test, too funny. They must be some of the incompetents that Acela

was referring about when he went down to 180.

Thanks Papo for keeping us informed. Good luck with your upcoming

medical tests.

Sealteam is a good source.

But still you can't trust them(transit).

its been 11 days since i took the drug test no phone call yet .to come down for medical and final processing.ill keep everyone posted when i get the call and what was going on there livingston st .going to the va hospital tommorow to make sure my health is all good bp,eyes,hearing,and urine check for diabetes.i heard there is going to be a class sept 12 dont know if ill be in that one if so they would have to contact me next week tues or any day that week prior to the 12th i remember they try to give you a week before you start training to take care of whatever you need to do.just hope i dont wait 30 days and have to reinstate myself like others drug test only good for 30 days im saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed...;)

its been 11 days since i took the drug test no phone call yet .to come down for medical and final processing.ill keep everyone posted when i get the call and what was going on there livingston st .going to the va hospital tommorow to make sure my health is all good bp,eyes,hearing,and urine check for diabetes.i heard there is going to be a class sept 12 dont know if ill be in that one if so they would have to contact me next week tues or any day that week prior to the 12th i remember they try to give you a week before you start training to take care of whatever you need to do.just hope i dont wait 30 days and have to reinstate myself like others drug test only good for 30 days im saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed...;)

So lets say that when I go on 9/12 and don't receive a call to come down for medical and final processing within 30 days...I'm gonna need to reinstate my name to the list?:confused::confused::confused:

So lets say that when I go on 9/12 and don't receive a call to come down for medical and final processing within 30 days...I'm gonna need to reinstate my name to the list?:confused::confused::confused:

No, what he said was that after 30 days it expires and you have to go

down again to take the drug test after they notify you, you will still be on the list.

The thing is there is a lot going on over there in terms of hiring from different lists/titles.

It's still a rumor about there being a Sept 12th class, only time will tell.

down again to take the drug test after they notify you, you will still be on the list.

The thing is there is a lot going on over there in terms of hiring from different lists/titles.

Thanks for clearing that up :tup:

Where are you getting this info from?

i went 2 livingston this past wednesday for pre employment & was told that i have to wait until one of my accidents clear up in order to be eligible for the position.....i was told by da staff @ HR that i can reinstate myself once the accidents clear since the list is good until 8/2013......i applied for the 2301 exam as a back up plan.....but just in case when my accidents do clear would i still be eligible for hire or would they say im disqualified can any1 answer this????

• 2 weeks later...

Went to livingston today to submit paperwork clearing me from medical hold

arrived at noon waited 2 hours for doctors to look over my paperwork there were alot of B/O there today ( i guess annual phsyical or something ).

was taken off Medical hold went to the other side they took my photo sat with interviewer who was not happy that my 21 pg booklet wasnt completed

she finished it for me made me sign more papers and informed me that next class was 9/26 gave me some stuff to read at home ( 3 big books ) and swore me in :P

Zerega 9/26 7:00 am

( to be contiinued )

* Time passed from notice to report/drug test/sent home for court deposition/ medical / medical hold / doctor visits (3) to being sworn in = 14 days

arrived at noon waited 2 hours for doctors to look over my paperwork there were alot of B/O there today ( i guess annual phsyical or something ).

was taken off Medical hold went to the other side they took my photo sat with interviewer who was not happy that my 21 pg booklet wasnt completed

she finished it for me made me sign more papers and informed me that next class was 9/26 gave me some stuff to read at home ( 3 big books ) and swore me in :P

( to be contiinued )

* Time passed from notice to report/drug test/sent home for court deposition/ medical / medical hold / doctor visits (3) to being sworn in = 14 days

WOOOT WOOOT!!! congrats bro!!! That was some pretty quick processing!

( to be contiinued )

What was your list#?

Was that guy being serious with that question? lol

Even airline pilots are allowed to wear glasses, :cool:

now if you are color blind, that is another story.....

I think those 3 big books that they gave prgordo at final

processing are bus manuals. Do you get to keep them or

do you have to return them? thanks for the update, helps

out a lot of people from the 8006 list.

its been 11 days since i took the drug test no phone call yet .to come down for medical and final processing.ill keep everyone posted when i get the call and what was going on there livingston st .going to the va hospital tommorow to make sure my health is all good bp,eyes,hearing,and urine check for diabetes.i heard there is going to be a class sept 12 dont know if ill be in that one if so they would have to contact me next week tues or any day that week prior to the 12th i remember they try to give you a week before you start training to take care of whatever you need to do.just hope i dont wait 30 days and have to reinstate myself like others drug test only good for 30 days im saying my prayers and keeping my fingers crossed...:P
well its been 3 weeks after drug test no call or letter im leaving to fla to take care of dads estate be back in 6 weeks then ill just go down there say i got no call only have to take it all over again then wait this is nuts.if they never called me after the drug test do i have to reinstate my list # and where do i have to go or will they contact me to take it again need help here thanks guys

well its been 3 weeks after drug test no call or letter im leaving to fla to take care of dads estate be back in 6 weeks then ill just go down there say i got no call only have to take it all over again then wait this is nuts.if they never called me after the drug test do i have to reinstate my list # and where do i have to go or will they contact me to take it again need help here thanks guys

Hey Sealteam,

If you can afford to do so I would not wait that long. There is a possibility that your paperwork may have fell through the cracks. When I was at 180 Livingston yesterday a few people just showed up so that they could take a second drug test. I even overheard one of the ladies on the phone with an individual who requested an appointment for a second drug test and they honored his request. Don't give up! We have all waited 3 years and a few months for this opportunity!

Hey Sealteam,

If you can afford to do so I would not wait that long. There is a possibility that your paperwork may have fell through the cracks. When I was at 180 Livingston yesterday a few people just showed up so that they could take a second drug test. I even overheard one of the ladies on the phone with an individual who requested an appointment for a second drug test and they honored his request. Don't give up! We have all waited 3 years and a few months for this opportunity!

So are you saying that Seal has to go down to 180 Livingston St

to get this straightened out? prgordo #820 got the call for the

medical in only 2-3 days after he took the drug test.

It seems like they are skipping numbers because

this has happened to others on the 8006 list before.

You are right though, he has to stay on top of this.

Not sure if he gets taken off the list if he never got

notified to come in for the medical or for thee 2nd drug

test.

You think you have a chance for the next class(9/26) blaze?

Archived