Exam #8006: Just got letter to come in, List #820

prgordo

Too early to really tell but so far this bus gig is fun :)

Day 2 ( 1st Day of training )

Arrived exactly at 9 am (Quill Bus Depot)

Met the instructor got on the bus we went

to throggs neck BX , learned the pre trip

then lunch then basic turns and stopping at bus stop

no traffic no lights just signs then instructor filled

out our task sheets and once we hit manhattan we took

turns driving back to the depot pretty cool since it was

my very first time driving a bus practiced some ALSAPS

and left at 4:30 pm

( to be continued )

Great to hear that you had a blast with driving today!

Best of luck to you on Day 2!:tup:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to hear those exact words 1yr from now....lol

Hehehe

The first day of my line training, the second driver asked me if I like people, I sad YES, sure. He sad, I will ask you that question in 1 year, and the answer will be different.

He knew what he was talking about

Day 3 ( Day 2 Training )

Not so well

9:00 am report to Quill, instructer is at zerega

Hitch a ride with the other class they have a rough

instructor felt bad for the girl that had to drive up to the bronx

he was on her ass for everything.

arrived 10:45 got on simulator got sick

and crashed ( simulator sucks ) went to hunts point

to practice more turns ( more tighter ) was the last to go

and kept going to fast, im a speed demon bus is easy to handle

just got to do it their way and DMV way but it was still fun :)

got satisfactory last 2 days.I want more time with that bus

everyone there holds nothing back they will tell how the public

will be with you and what comes with the job so a year from now

I will probably say "this bus gig is still fun" lol

Day 3 ( Day 2 Training )

Not so well

9:00 am report to Quill, instructer is at zerega

Hitch a ride with the other class they have a rough

instructor felt bad for the girl that had to drive up to the bronx

he was on her ass for everything.

arrived 10:45 got on simulator got sick

and crashed ( simulator sucks ) went to hunts point

to practice more turns ( more tighter ) was the last to go

and kept going to fast, im a speed demon bus is easy to handle

just got to do it their way and DMV way but it was still fun :)

got satisfactory last 2 days.I want more time with that bus

everyone there holds nothing back they will tell how the public

will be with you and what comes with the job so a year from now

I will probably say "this bus gig is still fun" lol

keep up the good work, continue with the "satisfactory" performance so you can qualify on Day 7...As I was walking home I saw two students headed back to the subway from Quill just briefly heard them saying "We gotta do it the way he's showing us..." lol

Question: I hear the right side mirror is positioned so that you see the tire and nothing more really, how have you adjusted to driving like that?

You position your right and left mirrors where you can see the side of the bus, and the bottom of the mirror is to positioned to see the very bottom of the back tires. Now you only have this problem on the RTS', but some of them (RTS') have a convex mirror to see everything on the side, which is directly below the regular mirror. Now if you don't have a bus with the convex mirror then you'll need to lean in to see everything a bit more. This is one of the reasons they preach covering your right side all times because it can be a blind spot, if you let it. You need to see your tires to check your pivot, and to monitor what's going on (aka making sure you didn't run anything or anyone over).

Day 4 ( Day 3 Training )

Arrive at 9:00 am at Quill

No training bus till 10:15 am so we just chill in

swing room talking with instructor .

due to time constraints we skip Zerega Simulator

yesss cause I didnt wanna get sick plus instructor

hates the simulator no point in it especially when

you will be driving the Bus on Day 1 . Finally got to drive on highway

we drove in hunts point and throggs neck mostly tight turns and wrap around bus stops back in the city by 4:00 pm pretty easy day

good looks to the B/O in depot who let me hitch a ride to the subway cause it was

pouring :(

* Mirrors are everything yesterday I didnt position them right and struggled today perfect and I was "MJ game six" lol

keep up the good work, continue with the "satisfactory" performance so you can qualify on Day 7...As I was walking home I saw two students headed back to the subway from Quill just briefly heard them saying "We gotta do it the way he's showing us..." lol

Ummmmmmm theres only 8 of us training out of Quill so must've been me lol

:(

Day 4 ( Day 3 Training )

Arrive at 9:00 am at Quill

No training bus till 10:15 am so we just chill in

swing room talking with instructor .

due to time constraints we skip Zerega Simulator

yesss cause I didnt wanna get sick plus instructor

hates the simulator no point in it especially when

you will be driving the Bus on Day 1 . Finally got to drive on highway

we drove in hunts point and throggs neck mostly tight turns and wrap around bus stops back in the city by 4:00 pm pretty easy day

good looks to the B/O in depot who let me hitch a ride to the subway cause it was

pouring :(

* Mirrors are everything yesterday I didnt position them right and struggled today perfect and I was "MJ game six" lol

That's what's up niceeeeeeeeeeeee

What exactly are wrap around bus stops?

When you make a right onto the bus stop where you not giving up your right side and pretty much falling onto the bus stop, I cant really explain it you will see in 10 days :P

* Theres a lot of terms that you will learn while training that definitely helps

some I havent seen on here but there too many "Stan's" on here so I'll let you see for yourself .

When you make a right onto the bus stop where you not giving up your right side and pretty much falling onto the bus stop, I cant really explain it you will see in 10 days :P

* Theres a lot of terms that you will learn while training that definitely helps

some I havent seen on here but there too many "Stan's" on here so I'll let you see for yourself .

Lmao @ the "Stan's".

Day 5 ( Day 4 Training )

Arrived at 9:00 at Quill

I did ALSAPS practice test = passed

I got to drive to 86 St ( I have to stop there I cant drive

over the bridge needs my CDL)

went to Soundview to do the EL pillars ( no problem )

Lunch then paralell park / backing up ( no sweat )

Did a pre trip practice = passed

back at depot by 4:00 pm

Have a great weekend :tup:

3 months for health insurance to kick in? Ouch, that stinks. I always thought it was 30 days. To play it safe, maybe you should consider buying a catastrophic insurance policy in case anything happens during the 3 months so you don't run up huge medical bills.

Have a question ,I have been reading some posts and some times I come across someone saying that they were disqualified and they dont know why, gave no reason, as if the MTA picks and choose who they want... I mean if you have a good past, no drugs, cdl and all that, would they just disqualify you, maybe age or something..i dont know... I know I shouldnt take everything to heart, I waited along time to get called and still am...UGH:cry:

3 months for health insurance to kick in? Ouch, that stinks. I always thought it was 30 days. To play it safe, maybe you should consider buying a catastrophic insurance policy in case anything happens during the 3 months so you don't run up huge medical bills.

I have been with the same company for 6 years and the only time I used my insurance was when MTA asked me to go get medical clearance. so think positive and you wont get sick B)

Have a question ,I have been reading some posts and some times I come across someone saying that they were disqualified and they dont know why, gave no reason, as if the MTA picks and choose who they want... I mean if you have a good past, no drugs, cdl and all that, would they just disqualify you, maybe age or something..i dont know... I know I shouldnt take everything to heart, I waited along time to get called and still am...UGH:cry:

Its hard to say I went to pre employment and did it the hard way I went back llike 3 times before they swore me in, I needed deposition for my criminal past and was put on medical hold it cant be age cause in my class there was 61 yr old but again they have every right to pick and chose B)

Archived