eFIX: The New and Easy Way to Correct MetroCard Problems

East New York

(MTA) - Customers experiencing problems with their MetroCards can now easily access assistance via the internet using MetroCard eFIX.

eFIX, a new claims processing system, allows customers to use the internet when addressing lost or stolen reduced fare MetroCards, transfer problems, an overcharge, problems with a Select Bus Service fare collector, a MetroCard not returned by a bus farebox, and certain MetroCard Vending Machine incidents. These were all issues that customers previously had to have addressed by mail or telephone, but with eFIX, the process is being streamlined, making it easier and more efficient for customers to correct MetroCard problems.

"The introduction of eFIX is yet another example of how the MTA is working to make things more convenient for our customers. From countdown clocks, to BusTime to a website filled with real information that our customers can use, we are constantly working to be responsive to the needs of our customers." said NYC Transit President Thomas F. Prendergast.

Click here to read more.

Now for the catch: When does it go online? No links for eFix on the authority's site yet.

Edit: I found a link by googling "efix mta". https://efixmetrocard.mtanyct.info/

However in Google Chrome I have the "https" in red and crossed out, meaning the page is not secure. I suppose they put the eFix page up and have to fix that? If that's the case it makes sense that they don't have a link to that page yet.

Now for the catch: When does it go online? No links for eFix on the authority's site yet.

Edit: I found a link by googling "efix mta". https://efixmetrocard.mtanyct.info/

However in Google Chrome I have the "https" in red and crossed out, meaning the page is not secure. I suppose they put the eFix page up and have to fix that? If that's the case it makes sense that they don't have a link to that page yet.

It's online, the MTA pulled everything off to save bandwidth during the storm.

Why can't the MTA get with the program and move to Tap n Go cards like the Majority of Cities are switching to.

They have been working on it for a while, and Walder announced a re-vamped effort not so long ago. I don't know how much effort there will be once he leave, but we will see what happens.

Why can't the MTA get with the program and move to Tap n Go cards like the Majority of Cities are switching to.

They have it already. I used to have a small Citi Bank thing on my key chain but I only used it a few times because buses don't have it so there's no free transfer.

• 1 year later...

I used it once, when I thought that I was double-charged. It took over a month for them to tell me that, no, I was not double-charged and nothing was wrong. What actually happened was that I reloaded a monthly unlimited, went away for a couple of days, then came back, completely forgetting that my card was already reloaded. So I added time on time, which the MTA never caught in that month that I was waiting for a response.

So a few months later, I realize that I forgot my phone after swiping in. I run back home and wait for my card to be able to swipe again. As a train approaches, I start trying every random metrocard in my wallet. Finally, I get in, off the card that was double-loaded. The MTA eventually figured out the mistake that was made. But instead of letting me know about it, they just invisibly reload a card that I could have just thrown away. I had no use of 2 unlimited monthlys. In the end, I paid $112 for a 5 day card.

Moral of the story: Just call your credit card company

I used it once, when I thought that I was double-charged. It took over a month for them to tell me that, no, I was not double-charged and nothing was wrong. What actually happened was that I reloaded a monthly unlimited, went away for a couple of days, then came back, completely forgetting that my card was already reloaded. So I added time on time, which the MTA never caught in that month that I was waiting for a response.

So a few months later, I realize that I forgot my phone after swiping in. I run back home and wait for my card to be able to swipe again. As a train approaches, I start trying every random metrocard in my wallet. Finally, I get in, off the card that was double-loaded. The MTA eventually figured out the mistake that was made. But instead of letting me know about it, they just invisibly reload a card that I could have just thrown away. I had no use of 2 unlimited monthlys. In the end, I paid $112 for a 5 day card.

Moral of the story: Just call your credit card company

Or better yet, just check your Metrocard and get a receipt and check that.  You can't expect them to get back to you in a timely fashion.  It's the (MTA)<_<

Archived