Clarifying Medical Holds Due to High BP

Donald

That guy(roadtimes)who got that 1 in 3 letter I referred him to a law firm

that handles labor and employment issues with the city. Whether or not

he chooses to follow through I don't know.

He did create a panic by saying that 1/3 of the 8006 list will be DQ'D

solely on the 1 in 3 rule.:eek:

**Be careful what you say to the doctors, this guy going through the

medical for DSNY answered yes to a question about anxiety, he put down

that he was taking Xanax occasionally, he had passed the medical twice

before but they never reached his list number.

This time around he answered yes to a question on the form and that is

why he failed the medical, he spoke to 2 different lawyers who both said

that his chances were slim to none. Don't even tell them you snore.**

Oh yeah, I saw a few posts about that some time ago. He sorta medically incriminated himself sorta speak, am I right? A medical will help determine if you are physically able to perform job functions. If one fails a medical examination I dont think they have any grounds for legal action whatsoever, Im gonna go with straight common sense on that one. As you said, dont even tell them you snore and if you smoke say you have just quit cold turkey, no patches, no medicine. Dont go hiding medical conditions that they will easily reveal to be apparent upon examination either, that's retarded.

Thanks subway guy for reiterating That this has to

do with civil service law maybe mr condecending

know it all Xentor will think before he types

incorrect and erroneous information . .

Dude I havent suggested absolutely anything at all that crosses the line into erroneous territory. If anything im partly correct if you been paying attention. Part of civil service law must appease union mandates or interference. You must think were already completely communist or something. I do suggest we quit calling each other names, we do not know each other personally and you do not work in court to be giving anyone authoritative comments on anything, for all you know I could become your best friend and laugh at this stuff.

Dude I havent suggested absolutely anything at all that crosses the line into erroneous territory. If anything im partly correct if you been paying attention. Part of civil service law must appease union mandates or interference. You must think were already completely communist or something. I do suggest we quit calling each other names, we do not know each other personally and you do not work in court to be giving anyone authoritative comments on anything, for all you know I could become your best friend and laugh at this stuff.

On the contrary...the creation of civil service law had nothing to do with unions. It began in post reconstruction America to combat the "spoils system" of politicians and other officials appointing people to publicly financed positions through cronyism, backslapping, rewarding friends, or rewarding others for political support.

In other words if Jay Walder had a deadbeat druggie nephew, civil service law is what prevent Walder, any of his buddies in government, or even President Obama himself from putting that nephew into any civil service title. Civil service law is also what prevents any of them from arbitrarily terminating anyone in a civil service title so that there's a "space" for the imaginary deadbeat nephew.

Consistent with the above, civil service law also sets out the legal hiring practices which dictate those used by Transit on competitive promotional and O/C exams. Transit is subject to be fully compliant with civil service law, which is monitored by DCAS (now that Transit administers their own exams).

MaBSTOA is not subject to civil service law. They elect to follow something substantially similar but different in some key ways. So anyone on a MaBSTOA list, all the information I've posted about civil service law does not necessarily apply to you. Same goes for anyone on a TA list who accepts appointment to a MaBSTOA position. Because MaBSTOA is not subject to civil service law, the "way things are done" in that agency will benefit MaBSTOA, rest assured, not you. But employment is employment these days...

On the contrary...the creation of civil service law had nothing to do with unions. It began in post reconstruction America to combat the "spoils system" of politicians and other officials appointing people to publicly financed positions through cronyism, backslapping, rewarding friends, or rewarding others for political support.

In other words if Jay Walder had a deadbeat druggie nephew, civil service law is what prevent Walder, any of his buddies in government, or even President Obama himself from putting that nephew into any civil service title. Civil service law is also what prevents any of them from arbitrarily terminating anyone in a civil service title so that there's a "space" for the imaginary deadbeat nephew.

Consistent with the above, civil service law also sets out the legal hiring practices which dictate those used by Transit on competitive promotional and O/C exams. Transit is subject to be fully compliant with civil service law, which is monitored by DCAS (now that Transit administers their own exams).

MaBSTOA is not subject to civil service law. They elect to follow something substantially similar but different in some key ways. So anyone on a MaBSTOA list, all the information I've posted about civil service law does not necessarily apply to you. Same goes for anyone on a TA list who accepts appointment to a MaBSTOA position. Because MaBSTOA is not subject to civil service law, the "way things are done" in that agency will benefit MaBSTOA, rest assured, not you. But employment is employment these days...

Exactly right . Civil service laws were created to basically give eveyone

an equal chance to work for govt without that favoritism

card being played . Our mayor bloomberg wants to overhaul

this system Which would be a disaster. As it would create unfair advantages to the people in power to hire who ever they want .

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived