Transit Forums Exclusive! : Millennium RTS @ APTA 2011

East New York

The moment we have all been waiting for. It is now confirmed!

An undisclosed Texas A&M University MTS RTS Legend will make an appearance at APTA 2011!

TAMU is interested in introducing a Zero Emissions, Hydrogen Electric hybrid RTS into their fleet.

Project Codename: RTS 4G-Zero

The only place you will hear breaking news for this project is right here at NYCTF, or TTMG. All official press releases in the future will be released simultaniously on these two sites prior to being released anywhere else!

Stay tuned! More details to come!

RTS 4G-Zero FTW!

Is Millennium introducing a bus with a standard diesel or CNG powerplant also?

Of course!

Diesel, Diesel-Electric, CNG, CNG-Electric, Gas-Electric, Hydrogen-Electric, and Full Battery-Electric are planned.

Hydrogen technology is still in its infancy.

Naw. This is 4th generation technology from the best fuel cell technology providers in the industry. Hydrogen technology has long passed the infancy stage.

The company that wants to offer the power train has sold more fuel cell buses than anyone else IIRC.

Interesting that it is a university that is pursuing this. I guess a large transit outfit does not want to be the one experimenting with this technology, but it still is funny to think that the next bit thing in buses is a university shuttle in Texas, of all places.

Interesting that it is a university that is pursuing this. I guess a large transit outfit does not want to be the one experimenting with this technology, but it still is funny to think that the next bit thing in buses is a university shuttle in Texas, of all places.

It's pretty cool, although I really wish it were MIT rather than A&M (nerd pride FTW :cool:) doing it. I love HF buses, and the RTS is a classic, so seeing it reincarnated yet again (especially with more modern green powertrains) is awesome. Given how popular the RTS was when it first came out I figure the new buses have a hell of a lot of potential if marketed right, and I'd love to see (MTA) get some.

That's just the thing. The technology isn't new at all. It's proven on the H40LF®, VanHool A330FC and a couple other platforms.

TAMU's fleet is larger than some transit agencies. They have 25 MTS, and 46 Nova RTS buses.

It's pretty cool, although I really wish it were MIT rather than A&M (nerd pride FTW :cool:) doing it. I love HF buses, and the RTS is a classic, so seeing it reincarnated yet again (especially with more modern green powertrains) is awesome. Given how popular the RTS was when it first came out I figure the new buses have a hell of a lot of potential if marketed right, and I'd love to see (MTA) get some.

Current interest for the new RTS is through the roof!! TA's from coast to coast are lining up to see what's in the works. Even LACMTA, who has not ordered an RTS since 1993!

That's just the thing. The technology isn't new at all. It's proven on the H40LF®, VanHool A330FC and a couple other platforms.

Current interest for the new RTS is through the roof!! TA's from coast to coast are lining up to see what's in the works. Even LACMTA, who has not ordered an RTS since 1993!

Wow... Let's hope MTS can deliver the goods, and that both (MTA) and the MBTA get in on this. Where I am right now is mostly NABI CNG 40LFWs and NFI C/D40LFs, with a CNG Gillig on the mall shuttle and EZ-Riders on the MIT shuttle. I'm not too fond of their NABIs, and I really miss the variety of NYC as far as buses are concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

So, if you take a look at the APTA floor plan, there is no mention of MTS at all...:eek:

http://www.aptaexpo.com/apta2011/public/FloorPlan.aspx?MapID=11&CatID=0&Sortmenu=103007

Where o where could the RTS be?????

"Turn off the lights in here baby, extra bright I want ya'll to see this!";)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived