Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
East New York

The Millennium RTS Discussion

Wow!!! The front of the bus looks hit,but that interior is the truth.Now you know a bus is the best bus ever made,when there are groups and revival programs trying to resurect a bus.The (MTA) should take a look at this!!!

An RTS or a Flxible with brushed aluminum panels...the stuff DREAMS are made of
I meant the MCI Classic, which is the modified New Look. (I don't think the silversides would go well with an ADB).

MCI could really take the market by storm if they were smart, the have the rights to the Classic as well as the Flxible METRO D/E and Flxible Common Sense Low Floor Bus.

Never heard of that one. Looking it up just now, it wasn't anything ever made, only proposed, it seems. It was supposed to be low in the middle only it appears.

I forgot about the idea of bringing back the Metro. I wonder why they didn't keep that going. Why did they even purchase it then? (I heard they only sold the replacement parts for it).

I forgot about the idea of bringing back the Metro. I wonder why they didn't keep that going. Why did they even purchase it then? (I heard they only sold the replacement parts for it).

Correct. MCI serves the aftermarket.

With you being at CP...whens the last time u drove an RTS??? Just curious...

I drove them until 2004-5 ...Triboro took them and they sent us our crappy CNG fleet.

those were the days ...RTS 's all day all night and I loved every minute of it.

I can say the last day was on my North Shore Towers EXP with a MTABus color scheme

I drove them until 2004-5 ...Triboro took them and they sent us our crappy CNG fleet.

those were the days ...RTS 's all day all night and I loved every minute of it.

I can say the last day was on my North Shore Towers EXP with a MTABus color scheme

If that explosion over at LGA didnt happen, you'd still be rocking some RTSs at least...

In the event MTA does order test fleets, where would you put them??

I vote for the following....

42.5 foot High Floor Express

• 30: Charleston

• 30: Ulmer Park

• 30: Yukon

42.5 foot Low Floor Extreme

• 20: Manhattanville

• 20: East New York

• 20: Queens Village

• 15: Michael J. Quill

• 15: Ulmer Park

In the event MTA does order test fleets, where would you put them??

I vote for the following....

42.5 foot High Floor Express

• 30: Charleston

• 30: Ulmer Park

• 30: Yukon

42.5 foot Low Floor Extreme

• 20: Manhattanville

• 20: East New York

• 20: Queens Village

• 15: Michael J. Quill

• 15: Ulmer Park

i agree charelston. But why yukon? The 2200's are newer buses and mix them in with the 2700's and the 2400 prevost their getting, yukon has the newest fleet on SI excluding Meredith. Charelston has a handful of newer buses wth ghe 4300 n some 2800's but Castleton has had the oldest fleet on SI always! The 18-1900 we have had been redone yes, but still the oldest fleet on SI.:)

i agree charelston. But why yukon? The 2200's are newer buses and mix them in with the 2700's and the 2400 prevost their getting, yukon has the newest fleet on SI excluding Meredith. Charelston has a handful of newer buses wth ghe 4300 n some 2800's but Castleton has had the oldest fleet on SI always! The 18-1900 we have had been redone yes, but still the oldest fleet on SI.:)

Good point. That was my suggestion only because its a test fleet. These buses would be used where MCI's aren't needed. And they seat 49, so only 8 seats less that the MCI.

I'm sure most of the test buses will be swapped around once the evaluation period is over.

I was going to say that those 42.5ft buses could be used on the Downtown S.I routes but then I had to rethink how crowded the 8s and 15s do get lol.

I'd take Ulmer Park out of that and throw in Queens Village basically because they got shafted out of new express buses. Also take out Yukon and throw in Meredith instead.

For the 40fters, 126th Street, Michael J. Quill, Castleton, Charleston, East New York & Queens Village primarily. Kingsbridge & Casey Stengel if things were to change.

I was going to say that those 42.5ft buses could be used on the Downtown S.I routes but then I had to rethink how crowded the 8s and 15s do get lol.

I'd take Ulmer Park out of that and throw in Queens Village basically because they got shafted out of new express buses. Also take out Yukon and throw in Meredith instead.

For the 40fters, 126th Street, Michael J. Quill, Castleton, Charleston, East New York & Queens Village primarily. Kingsbridge & Casey Stengel if things were to change.

There are no 40 footers in the mix anymore.

I received word that there is a high floor express bus structure at position #1 on the Roswell assembly line!!!

Word on the street is this bus will be built as a 42.5 foot 1 door express specifically for the MTA.

I'm loving all this RTS news, the greatest bus in history finally back as a major player. :tup:!

I'm not convinced on the RTS Extreme looks but hey, it's an RTS. God knows how I'd love to see one of those at MHV (which, by the time the RTSes would hit the city, will have a pretty old fleet).

As far as the looks go, I can understand that. I think we all have the same opinion. However, that structure is already proven. Durability, maintainability, reliability, and high floor parts commonality are #1 priority. Looks are secondary, and won't be changed until EPA15 at the earliest.

If it's ain't broke, don't break it!:(

I received word that there is a high floor express bus structure at position #1 on the Roswell assembly line!!!

Word on the street is this bus will be built as a 42.5 foot 1 door express specifically for the MTA.

As far as the looks go, I can understand that. I think we all have the same opinion. However, that structure is already proven. Durability, maintainability, reliability, and high floor parts commonality are #1 priority. Looks are secondary, and won't be changed until EPA15 at the earliest.

If it's ain't broke, don't break it!:P

That sounds awesome... It's great to see MTS back in the game and it's great to see the RTS come home to NYC again...

Does anyone know if this bus will be @APTA in New Orleans in October? I will be there at the NABI booth, try to get some pictures.

Their website states the will be, where they will "showcase the newest generation of T-Drive RTS."

Neither one of the buses in this particular thread will be there.

Plans call for both of these models to be unveiled with the MTA.

It is expected that they will receive the 42.5 foot high floor express demo in early 2012.

If the MTA were to purchase these RTS buses for express service I would use it on routes that really dont need a big MCI or Prevost, what do you guys think?

MTS-Dreamteam.jpg

The team that's helping Millennium push forward...The Legend Continues!