The Millennium RTS Discussion

East New York

As a Driver i know that the bus are built tough and i prefer a RTS over the other trash. I would have like to seen a more updated front, that bumper is horrible and only waiting to see the rear, also if there is a way to make the bus with no carpet on seats and wall, and drain ports so the bus can interior can be power washed would be great.

That's why I hate the Orion VII First Gen. :tup: Someone who agrees that they hate carpet seats.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HA!! i doubt Staten Islanders want to downgrade to a RTS and still pay over $5.They are spoiled with D4500s.

What makes you think its a downgrade, you must not be familiar with the RTS Express, which is nothing bus a lower height MCI complete with underfloor luggage bays.

The difference is that with the RTS Express cost less to operate than the current $19 per passenger per trip of an MCI. And let's be honest, outside of the X1, X10, X17, the MTA isn't packing them in every trip on the Express routes and those same snobs that you speak of, rode sub-urbanized Fishbowls, RTSs and Orions for YEARS, even the more than occasional appearance of a hard seater!

So if you want to keep your fares where they are at...

I spoke to Jimmy Stout from Millennium @ APTA, he thinks February is ambitious, but hopes to have the 42 footer here by April. NABI may also send up a Metro 45C in the not too distant future!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, interesting as when I spoke with the NABI folks, there was ZERO interest in dealing with MTA New York City Transit.

And as someone who is on the MTS project, late march/april is the target date. You probably over looked both myself and ENY who were both on the MTS floor as well.

Joe Gibson (Senior VP) is someone who I think might know what might and might not happen, NABI actually has had no interest in dealing with the MTA, even though they had a decent relationship with Joe Smith, I never say never.

When I stopped by the NABI booth I was assured they would NOT be sending anything to MTA. They said there was talk of it in the past, but they decided they were not interested in sending any buses to the TA for evaluation.

When I stopped by the NABI booth I was assured they would NOT be sending anything to MTA. They said there was talk of it in the past, but they decided they were not interested in sending any buses to the TA for evaluation.

I have no doubt they told you that at all, but after Joe talked to Veolia he hinted that he "might throw one up there" to see how the bus could "handle" the environment here. I have no dog in this fight, I do some work with NABI as I work with DHS. You can send me an off line message and I can explain without getting into a lot of nonsense that goes on sometimes, why he said that.

I have no doubt they told you that at all, but after Joe talked to Veolia he hinted that he "might throw one up there" to see how the bus could "handle" the environment here. I have no dog in this fight, I do some work with NABI as I work with DHS. You can send me an off line message and I can explain without getting into a lot of nonsense that goes on sometimes, why he said that.

What makes you think its a downgrade, you must not be familiar with the RTS Express, which is nothing bus a lower height MCI complete with underfloor luggage bays.

The difference is that with the RTS Express cost less to operate than the current $19 per passenger per trip of an MCI. And let's be honest, outside of the X1, X10, X17, the MTA isn't packing them in every trip on the Express routes and those same snobs that you speak of, rode sub-urbanized Fishbowls, RTSs and Orions for YEARS, even the more than occasional appearance of a hard seater!

I agree at times I really dont see the need for an MCI or Prevost bus in NYC. At times I do see the express bus routes packed but not during the off peak hours. I think the MTA needs to rethink the order of Prevost bus and really look into small express buses. If its cheaper to maintain then hey go for it, the RTS has been a reliable bus for years in the system. So its not like your getting garbage.

I agree at times I really dont see the need for an MCI or Prevost bus in NYC. At times I do see the express bus routes packed but not during the off peak hours. I think the MTA needs to rethink the order of Prevost bus and really look into small express buses. If its cheaper to maintain then hey go for it, the RTS has been a reliable bus for years in the system. So its not like your getting garbage.

Hey, who knows, maybe we could sweet-talk MTS into a run of suburban RTS Megas for the really crowded routes... :P

Hey, who knows, maybe we could sweet-talk MTS into a run of suburban RTS Megas for the really crowded routes... :P

The MTA actually does need the MCI's and Prevost's on some routes. The Prevost is a really good bus, Reliable, and quite comfortable. I've been on a couple of them. Just a few days ago I took a 4 hour non-stop trip on a 2009 X3-45. I loooove those babies!

I also rode 2 MCI D4500CT's. Both 2010 models. One of which I rode for 3 and a half hours. All three were new Greyhound coaches. I planned a trip after APTA to check out a lot of newer buses on the roads.

I've always been a diehard MCI fan! I'm pretty sure I always will be. I absolutely love the new CT's. Comfortable, powerful, reliable. The coaches all had Wi-Fi, American Seating Premier leather saftey seating with power outlets in the back.

I can't decide which one I let better. The Prevost is coming up!B)

But the CT has my heart!:cool:

Hey, who knows, maybe we could sweet-talk MTS into a run of suburban RTS Megas for the really crowded routes... ;)

I don't even see one of those on a drawing board until at least 2013.

The 42.5 foot high floor Express is the focus right now. The demand for this bus is through the roof now. This 1 door suburban coach can now seat up to 49 passengers depending on the configuration.

The MCI's and Prevost's seat 57, yet the cost of both maintenance and acquisition are higher than that of the RTS. It also has the lowest seat-mile cost of the 3.

The drivers don't have to leave the bus or the seat to operate the lift either.

Something else to think about.... The TAMU 40-footer that was at APTA.... Get's an average of just over 6 miles per gallon.

I wonder what a new hybrid RTS gets?

Check out the all new products page at the MTS website.

http://millenniumtransit.com/

Then check out all the updates and photos on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/legendcontinues

:drool:

The MTA actually does need the MCI's and Prevost's on some routes. The Prevost is a really good bus, Reliable, and quite comfortable. I've been on a couple of them. Just a few days ago I took a 4 hour non-stop trip on a 2009 X3-45. I loooove those babies!

I also rode 2 MCI D4500CT's. Both 2010 models. One of which I rode for 3 and a half hours. All three were new Greyhound coaches. I planned a trip after APTA to check out a lot of newer buses on the roads.

I've always been a diehard MCI fan! I'm pretty sure I always will be. I absolutely love the new CT's. Comfortable, powerful, reliable. The coaches all had Wi-Fi, American Seating Premier leather saftey seating with power outlets in the back.

I can't decide which one I let better. The Prevost is coming up!B)

But the CT has my heart!:cool:

Hey, who knows, maybe we could sweet-talk MTS into a run of suburban RTS Megas for the really crowded routes... ;)

I don't even see one of those on a drawing board until at least 2013.

The 42.5 foot high floor Express is the focus right now. The demand for this bus is through the roof now. This 1 door suburban coach can now seat up to 49 passengers depending on the configuration.

The MCI's and Prevost's seat 57, yet the cost of both maintenance and acquisition are higher than that of the RTS. It also has the lowest seat-mile cost of the 3.

The drivers don't have to leave the bus or the seat to operate the lift either.

Something else to think about.... The TAMU 40-footer that was at APTA.... Get's an average of just over 6 miles per gallon.

Check out the all new products page at the MTS website.

http://millenniumtransit.com/

Then check out all the updates and photos on Facebook.

:drool: is right... The TAMU bus is straight diesel and is twice as fuel-efficient as the OG HEVs we have. A new hybrid powertrain combined with that kind of efficiency would probably put that model into the 9-12 mpg range (about even with some of the less-efficient SUVs).

:drool: is right... The TAMU bus is straight diesel and is twice as fuel-efficient as the OG HEVs we have. A new hybrid powertrain combined with that kind of efficiency would probably put that model into the 9-12 mpg range (about even with some of the less-efficient SUVs).

To East NY

Im not saying that the MTA dont need the Prevost and MCI buses, what Im saying is the amount of buses that they are trying to order, do they really need all the "BIG coaches. What Im trying to say order some the MCI or Prevost and put them on the routes that will truly need them. Then order some RTS express coaches to serve some of the routes that really doesnt get much ridership or you can use it on off peak hours.

To East NY

Im not saying that the MTA dont need the Prevost and MCI buses, what Im saying is the amount of buses that they are trying to order, do they really need all the "BIG coaches. What Im trying to say order some the MCI or Prevost and put them on the routes that will truly need them. Then order some RTS express coaches to serve some of the routes that really doesnt get much ridership or you can use it on off peak hours.

To East NY

Well, there are about 470 express buses that need to be replaced in the next 3 years. The MTA currently has orders for 90 Prevost's, and 66 MCI's. There are also a few MCI's scheduled for overhaul soon as well. On top of that, the TA will order 188 more by next summer. That's really not that many buses. I would like to hope and pray 90 of these will be RTSE's.

• 2 weeks later...

At this point in time, due to the overwhelmingly positive response at APTA Expo 2011, MTS is working overtime to ensure everything is in order with it's new product line. As Coordinator of the Advanced RTS Validation Program(ARVP), it is my job to make sure Millennium delivers the first 42.5 foot high floor (express) demo to Zerega in early 2012. I will personally inspect this bus from top to bottom with my team before it leaves the Roswell production facility and heads to NYC. Right now, we are approximately 2 weeks behind schedule, as an additional 16 transit agencies have expressed interest in the new buses. These 16 agencies DO NOT include all current MTS RTS operators, who have ALL stated that they now want more MTS buses.

It has also been reported (directly to me) that Pueblo Transit's senior bus operators fight over the only 2 Millennium RTS buses they have on the property nearly every day.

The current delivery timeline for the first 42.5 foot low floor (local) demo to MTA is now scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2012.

MTS T-Drive RTS buses have now been in service for 5 years. Downloadable brochures are now available on the MTS website.

http://www.millenniumtransit.com/

You can also follow MTS, and interact with their staff and consultants on Facebook.

Not sure if you can say, but was RIPTA one of the 16 interested?

No. The 16 are all interested in the HF. RIPTA is more interested more in the LF. The thing is most all agencies have gone to LF as the population gets older. I do think RIPTA want's more HF's, but they would never be able to justify it in front of the board. They are still running the old boys, and have a few on reserve.

No. The 16 are all interested in the HF. RIPTA is more interested more in the LF. The thing is most all agencies have gone to LF as the population gets older. I do think RIPTA want's more HF's, but they would never be able to justify it in front of the board. They are still running the old boys, and have a few on reserve.

The 92s get thrown out there every now and then, but mostly they sit. Last I knew the 98/00s have no retirement date. They will probably get one more rehab before RIPTA decides to retire them, hopefully with the RTS LFs replacing them. I don't see anymore Gilligs coming....they have been having alot of issues with the last batch. Most if not all the drivers wish they hadn't gone with the BRT option. When you see senior drivers fighting to pull out a RTS or O5 you know the new stuff is crap.

Archived