The Millennium RTS Discussion

East New York

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The assembly lines still need to be updated for them to ramp up to full production. Since 1995, Prevost has owned the tooling to make the RTS windows. They even made the ones on all the MTS built buses to date from what I understand. Prevost recently released the tooling to MTS, and it now has to be integrated into the Roswell assembly line.

My best guess is that the first production 42.5 foot HF would roll off the line this fall/winter, and the first production 42.5 foot low floor would come about 8 months after that. But don't quote me on that, as contract terms and conditions could change production delivery dates. It also depends on when MTS gets the engineeering demo out to the current prospective high floor customers.

• 2 weeks later...

Being a fan of the RTS, it would be cool if the MTA actually buys these buses, but if the MTA actually buys them, would this be an order for NYCT Bus, MTA Bus, or split between the two? I guess only time will tell...

Is there any update on the 2000 buses that one agency wants?

I havent got anymore updates, so I am not sure. Last I heard they wanted them still.

Being a fan of the RTS, it would be cool if the MTA actually buys these buses, but if the MTA actually buys them, would this be an order for NYCT Bus, MTA Bus, or split between the two? I guess only time will tell...

Bus Test & Evaluation is an NYCT program.

• 2 weeks later...

Within the next 90 days, it is expected that the first 42.5 foot RTS Express (the frame is currently on the final assembly line) will begin to make its way down the line in preparation for the MTA.

MTA has already set forth some of the terms and conditions for this order. These terms and conditions call for 6 pilot buses! After bus #1 is accepted into the program, MTS will build bus #2 for configuration audit. Once the final configuration is approved, buses #3-6 will be built and delivered to the MTA. The delivery schedule has slipped, and is now planned for Winter 2012/2013. (pending Acceptance)

Technical Specs & Fleet Numbers. (all information subject to final approval of the MTA)

2500-2589

90 MTS RTS T42-209 "Express" : 42.5 foot, 49 seat high floor, 1 door suburban

EPA 2010 Cummins ISL-9

Allison B400R

Thermo King ATHENIA roof mount HVAC

Hanover Displays "OL" model destination signs

4One suburban high-back seating

Vapor slide-glide door

Electronic fan drive & cooling system

LED stop, tail, auxiliary, marker, and turn signals

Classic RTS sealed beam headlamps

All wheel disk brakes (80,000 mile break life) with ABS

Lift-U front door wheelchair step-lift

I really like driving the RTS at Texas A&M

i hope that millennium gets everything running smoothly so that we can get more buses from them :)

You guys have 25 of them with the new Roscoe mirrors. I got a chance to hang out with 634 for the days this past October. I can't believe you guys are still on your original set of brakes! Blew that 80,000 mile guarantee right out of the water!

Word on the street is you guys may be getting 10 high floors and 2 low floors as part of the Advanced RTS Validation Program. I can't wait to get down to your facility sometime soon and check out that fleet!

I find it interesting how they didn't choose Luminator signs, so they can't edit signs across the board...

Looks like the new Luminators will show up on the low floor. Hanovers are Standard on the TA New Flyers, the proposed RTS, and are on 5105-5112, 9444. If nothing has changes, they should be added to more Nova RTS' sometime in the future.

Ok so the RTS EXP fleet will be 2500-2589 what about a low floor test fleet? <------- EXCELLENT News!!! I guess these are diesels?

These are diesels. The Low Floors will probably will probably be hybrids...

Ok so the RTS EXP fleet will be 2500-2589 what about a low floor test fleet? <------- EXCELLENT News!!! I guess these are diesels?

These are diesels. The Low Floors will probably will probably be hybrids...

Sorry to interrupt gentleman but I've lost track (prob cause I'm a tad bit drunk lol) but who are these RTS' going to? And when?

Sorry to interrupt gentleman but I've lost track (prob cause I'm a tad bit drunk lol) but who are these RTS' going to? And when?

Nothing has been officially announced yet but I'd estimate for the express RTS it would likely be at least 30 each for an SI depot (since they're likely to get the new MCI's later this year), UP & QV or for a 50/40. The low floor RTS may be split between any three of these depots: ENY, UP, QV, JA or MJQ.

As for when the RTS's they're scheduled to arrive next year (LF & HF Demostrators coming in first) of everything goes accordingly.

Well that's not good for the environment... I wanted to see an RTS Hybrid...

Something of a fact the MTA would rather you didn't know, hybrid buses barely do any better mileage-wise in the city than diesel buses. Has to do with the level of stops and starts in city traffic -- an O7 hybrid has much worse mileage than say, an MCI, and is pretty close to an RTS diesel. And if we're talking CO2, the cleanest burning engines are generally gonna be CNG, not hybrid. It's all part of why all announced upcoming orders are either diesel or CNG.

• 3 weeks later...

As MTS officially gears up to built their first new bus in 6 years, it was announced today that the new RTS bus will receive an all-new front end design!

The lead customer, who is now just ahead of the MTA will receive their first pilot bus in early 2013. Immediately following this bus, the MTA unit, which is currently on the assembly line as well is set to be completed.

The all-new front end design will finally bring the RTS into the 21st Century. Bravo Millennium, I knew you could do it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MTA Bus Qualification Program Preliminary Specifications (Updated 7/26/12)

90 MTS RTS T42-209 "Express" : 42.5 foot, 49 seat high floor, 1 door suburban

EPA 2010 Cummins ISL-9

Allison B400R

Thermo King Athenia roof mount HVAC

Hanover Displays "OL" model destination signs

4One suburban high-back seating

Vapor slide-glide door

All New Front End featuring LED headlamps

All wheel disk brakes (80,000 mile break life) with ABS

Lift-U front door wheelchair step-lift

Once the HF Express passes the mandatory shaker test, MTA has requested that the buses be delivered as followed:

6 Pilot Buses

22 Production Buses (option 1)

60 Production Buses (option 2)

Fleet 2500-2589 (Not Confirmed)

90 MTS RTS T42-210 "Extreme" BRT : 42.5 foot, 41-43 seat (62 standee), low floor transit

EPA 2013 Cummins ISL-9 w/ a possible Detroit Diesel DD11 option

Allison B400R & ZF Ecolife mix (subject to change)

Thermo King roof mount HVAC

Hanover Displays OL & Luminator Titan destination sign mix (subject to change)

4One transit seating

Vapor slide-glide front door, "Class" sensing rear door. Slide-glide or classic swing type

All New Front End featuring LED headlamps

All wheel disk brakes with ABS

Lift-U front door swing out wheelchair ramp

Base BQP LF Proposal Specs

EPA 2013 Cummins ISL-9

Allison B400R Transmission

Hanover OL destination signs

Vapor slide-glide front door, "Class" sensing rear swing type door

42 Seats

Optional BQP LF Specs (subject to change)

Detroit Diesel DD11

ZF Ecolife Transmission

Carrier roof mount HVAC

Luminator Titan destination signs

Vapor slide-glide front door, "Class" sensing slide-glide rear door

41-44 seats

Just an all-new front end. Sketches of a few concepts are complete, but they won't be released to the public. IIRC only prospective cuatomers will see what it looks like before it goes public. Its way too soin to know what the low floor fleet numbers could be. Rumor has it to be somewhere in the 8000's. 2000 numbers normally used for express buses.

• 3 weeks later...

Major Update:

MTS is now just about ready to send the first bus for MTA down the assembly line. The only thing holding up the order is confirmation of the shaker table test and the date it will be completed. Once the bus has completed the shaker, and a partial evaluation at Altoona, (MTS RTS T-Drive already Altoona tested and approved) the bus will then be delivered to MTA. As it still stands right now, MTA has requested 6 pilot buses.

Major Update:

MTS is now just about ready to send the first bus for MTA down the assembly line. The only thing holding up the order is confirmation of the shaker table test and the date it will be completed. Once the bus has completed the shaker, and a partial evaluation at Altoona, (MTS RTS T-Drive already Altoona tested and approved) the bus will then be delivered to MTA. As it still stands right now, MTA has requested 6 pilot buses.

ok ok ok not bad...but damm 6 pilot buses...

Archived