Boeing Introduces 737MAX With Launch of New Aircraft Family

SEATTLE, Aug. 30, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) has unveiled the 737 MAX, the name of the new engine variant of the market-leading 737 launched today.

The new family of aircraft – 737 MAX 7, 737 MAX 8 and 737 MAX 9 – builds on the strengths of the Next-Generation 737.

"The 737 MAX offers airlines the right solution and the best choice for creating the most successful future with improved profitability," said Nicole Piasecki, vice president of Business Development and Strategic Integration, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The 737 MAX will deliver maximum efficiency, maximum reliability and the Boeing Sky Interior will continue to offer maximum passenger comfort. We call it the 737 MAX because it optimizes everything we and our customers have learned about designing, building, maintaining and operating the world's best single-aisle airplane."

The 737 MAX will deliver big fuel savings that airlines will need to successfully compete in the future. Airlines will benefit from a 7 percent advantage in operating costs over future competing airplanes as a result of optimized CFM International LEAP-1B engines, more efficient structural design and lower maintenance requirements.

Airlines will continue to benefit from maximum reliability. The 737 MAX will build upon the Next-Generation 737's highest reliability performance of any airplane in the world – 99.7 percent on-time departure rate.

http://www.newairplane.com/737/737Max/

I heard that the landing gear will have to be lengthened to accommodate the new engine nacelles. I wonder what kind of impact that will have on those customers that use the Seven-Three in remote areas? That was one thing we like about the plane was that if we were short belt loaders the ramp agents could still load/unload. Not sure if it's gonna be possible now.

I heard that the landing gear will have to be lengthened to accommodate the new engine nacelles. I wonder what kind of impact that will have on those customers that use the Seven-Three in remote areas? That was one thing we like about the plane was that if we were short belt loaders the ramp agents could still load/unload. Not sure if it's gonna be possible now.

That's a damn good question! I'll be sure to find that out when I receive the new specs for the plane.

Archived