Rockland Coaches and Shortline

BZGuy

Anybody on here got any info on Rockland or Shortline. I have a interview next week @ Rockland....don't know if I'm taking it but I guess it's always good to see what else is out there.

So folks looking for the Good,Bad and Ugly!

If I were you, I would lean more towards Shortline - two reasons:

1. Greater stability in work assignments - R&T's op keeps shrinking and shrinking these days with runs being cut all over the place and

2. Pay - it's a bit more for the line folks at Shortline than R&T

I knew you said you were looking elsewhere - didn't think it would be that soon though.

Anybody on here got any info on Rockland or Shortline. I have a interview next week @ Rockland....don't know if I'm taking it but I guess it's always good to see what else is out there.

So folks looking for the Good,Bad and Ugly!

Hey BZ i use to work for ROCKLAND thats how i got my licence about 5yrs ago, lets just say it takes about 5yrs just to reach top pay and you have to learn about 100 lines. Now when i started the pay was 13 n some change top pay was 17 n some change after 5yrs. So if they have a new contract i dought it went that high, now shortline pay around when i started was 14 i dint know how much was the top pay but somewhere near rockland. It dont hurt to find out whats the goods on the two depots, i can tell you when CT Transit called me i ran like a bat out of hell lol. IMO you better off staying at peterpan till MTA BUS call you.:tup:

If I were you, I would lean more towards Shortline - two reasons:

1. Greater stability in work assignments - R&T's op keeps shrinking and shrinking these days with runs being cut all over the place and

2. Pay - it's a bit more for the line folks at Shortline than R&T

I knew you said you were looking elsewhere - didn't think it would be that soon though.

The only thing that pushes me to go to Rockland over Shortline is that it's more like Bonanza with a bunch of "division points", not everything comes out of Mahwah and that's part of the reason I want to get out of here, because I'm tired of getting bounced around from point to point. 4+ years here and I have no clue what I can hold from bid to bid....it's gotten old quick!

Who knows Brian, I might be downstairs to see you guys soon!

The only thing that pushes me to go to Rockland over Shortline is that it's more like Bonanza with a bunch of "division points", not everything comes out of Mahwah and that's part of the reason I want to get out of here, because I'm tired of getting bounced around from point to point. 4+ years here and I have no clue what I can hold from bid to bid....it's gotten old quick!

Who knows Brian, I might be downstairs to see you guys soon!

Your right about mahwuh not all the work comes out of that depot, you may have to travel as far as as upstate NY. I guess rockland is your best bet till you get that magic call. Ill go for it since i have a better understanding on why you want to leave. Good luck and you will get the job, most likely on the spot like i did.:tup: Also ill find out if CTTransit is hiring for you in the stamford division, its about a half hour away from the bronx right off I95 exit 8.

Archived