Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
The Real

Comprehensive MTA Regional Bus Operations Destination Sign Code List

Rather than go crazy with making seperate post and what not about sign codes. I've created a wiki on TTMG with the reading list. It is/will be a complete list of codes between the two operations (not bothering with LIB and you guys know why).

At least with the wiki, as codes change and new signs appear, it can be easily adjusted like the bus rosters.

Click, View, Enjoy!

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Destination_Sign_Codes

As of right now, only the MTAB codes are there, the NYCB codes will be placed in over the next week as I get solid info on the current codes. I will also be linking this from the TTMG NYMTA Roster at some point so it'll be easier to find IF this post gets buried.

As usual, if you guys notice a code that is missing or has changed, let a bro know and I'll change it AceF'inSAP!

Looks good!

If you can get LIB data, post it! Of course it's somewhat useless to go hunting for it.

Looks good!

If you can get LIB data, post it! Of course it's somewhat useless to go hunting for it.

I have ZERO intentions of wasting useless man hours on a sign list that will only be in effect for another 4 months......

Rather than go crazy with making seperate post and what not about sign codes. I've created a wiki on TTMG with the reading list. It is/will be a complete list of codes between the two operations (not bothering with LIB and you guys know why).

At least with the wiki, as codes change and new signs appear, it can be easily adjusted like the bus rosters.

Click, View, Enjoy!

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Destination_Sign_Codes

As of right now, only the MTAB codes are there, the NYCB codes will be placed in over the next week as I get solid info on the current codes. I will also be linking this from the TTMG NYMTA Roster at some point so it'll be easier to find IF this post gets buried.

As usual, if you guys notice a code that is missing or has changed, let a bro know and I'll change it AceF'inSAP!

Nice list. Few changes:

The (Q6) has a short turn at Jamaica LIRR

The Q22A has long been discontinued

As of the fall pick, the (Q45) is no more

The QM2 will be the QM20, the BxM7A will be the BxM8

210 should be the (Q21) to Elmhurst

500 should be the Q50 to Co-Op City/Earhart La via 1-2-3-4-5, it also has a short turn to Pelham Bay (6)

661 should be the (Q66) LI City/Queens Plaza

The Bx23 sign says Co-Op City Loop, no Pelham Bay on the bottom text

Nice list. Few changes:

The (Q6) has a short turn at Jamaica LIRR

The Q22A has long been discontinued

As of the fall pick, the (Q45) is no more

The QM2 will be the QM20, the BxM7A will be the BxM8

210 should be the (Q21) to Elmhurst

500 should be the Q50 to Co-Op City/Earhart La via 1-2-3-4-5, it also has a short turn to Pelham Bay (6)

661 should be the (Q66) LI City/Queens Plaza

The Bx23 sign says Co-Op City Loop, no Pelham Bay on the bottom text

Although the Q22A has indeed been discontinued, they still have scool runs from IS 53.

I've been hunting for the LIB list everywhere...

If you have the list in raw form, can you send it? I don't need any fancy layout, the format with the division signs and carets is perfect. And of course, DON'T go searching for it. If you don't have it I'm fine with that. Thanks.

Looks good so far. I'll try to get my hands on the SI codes for you.

What are the codes for the Port Jervis line shuttle buses?… before/after the partial train service restored?

Edited by mfs NJT459
Removed code / added "bus service"

What are the codes for the Port Jervis line shuttle buses?… before/after the partial train service restored?

There is special codes, all buses use the "MNR SERVICE" or "METRO-NORTH SERVICE" signs.