pre employment medical hold

blessedru

Hi,

I am currently on medical hold. I have done all the paper work, went to appointments and because of past situation been placed on medical hold.

The issue is that in the past ,18 years ago I was arrested for substance abuse. I had a record however , I took all dispositions from courts to pre- employment assessment. I did not lie in the application or pre-employment. Gave dates and information necessary. However, MAC send me to see the

MTA psychiatrist and they send me to seek counseling. (Relapse prevention)

Which is not needed because this was 18 years ago. But I am still attending the counseling. The MAC 1 doctor told me to do two weeks of counseling to start off and to return to them.

I have been working steady for 17 years at a private job. {The position that I am applying for is Bus Maintainer Group A.

My question is :" When I go back, If the position is taken, what will happen then?" or what can i do. all feedbacks are welcome, thanks

There is no "position" - you'll simply be cleared for hiring upon completing the program, and whenever there is an opening, you will be at the head of the list to be APPOINTED (note: I didn't say "called"). You may have to take another drug test depending on how long until that time, but everything else will already be in order.

As subway guy said, once you're off medical hold you'll be appointed. Unfortunately you're dealing with TA doctors and psychologists which are bottom of the barrel. These "clowns" have no clue what they're doing. Just be compliant, and hopefully you'll be taken off medical hold quickly. I've had the displeasure of dealing with these "doctors" and "psychologists" and can tell you unequivocally they're incompetent...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i got a question hoping someone has some infomation for me. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

pre employment medical hold soon to be clear, job title: {bus maintaner group A} Does bus maintaner group A have to do all the same bus training as the bus operators do to get thier CDL license

thanks again,

Yes you do, if you do not already have a CDL license. You need to be able to test drive the buses on the streets safely, and also be able to maneuver the buses in and around the depot, including into the service bays..

so if you only have a permit, you will have to go through the 7 day training and your road test.

hi,

i just got clear by the MTA psychiatrist. said for me to go back to mac 1 in three days and continue on which is great.

I know that there is a class going in for training starting on {oct 23 or 24}for bus maintaner group A-C .

i WOULD LIKE TO GET AN OPINION.

should i go for my cdl licence out here or take a couple of classes out here and wait for the mta 7 days training classes ???

Yes you do, if you do not already have a CDL license. You need to be able to test drive the buses on the streets safely, and also be able to maneuver the buses in and around the depot, including into the service bays..

so if you only have a permit, you will have to go through the 7 day training and your road test.

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks guys.

everything is working out great learning the T/A way at Zerega. a lot of great people and instructors.

A {quick note}any document you get from mac-1 or any deparment in the MTA must be save because they do lose documents.that way you have your copy. it happen to me but it's a learning process.:eek:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

(My apologies about repeating the same question in 3 different threads, I'm just looking for a concrete answer)

I have a question about the medical process, which I was hoping someone could help me out with:

I initially took B/O exam 2613, and when it came time for the medical, the TA Physician put me on medical hold since she diagnosed me with muscle spasm in my legs. As a result, I was on medical hold for a good 3 weeks, since I had to see a neurologist, and getting an appointment was very hard. As a result, since I came back so late, even my second drug test expired as well, in which I had to take another one before final processing.

When I go for my medical for Track Worker, I was planning on bringing a note, or letter, from the neurologist stating that my medical condition is under control, which I plan on obtaining after my first drug test. My question is, how old does the note, or letter, have to be for them to accept it? A couple of weeks? A couple of months? I tried calling MAC (Medical Assessment Center) about it today, and they did not give me a clear answer.

Thanks in advance...

Archived