Exam #8006: Just received the letter, List #1185

youngblaze

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all,

I just got the letter to report to 180 Livingston on September 12th, 2011 @ 7:30am for Pre-Interview and Lab testing (piss in a cup test lol:cool:) I am list #1185. I am so excited even if this is just the beginning of a long journey.

Good luck to you! My list is #2950.5 still have a long way to go, but I know they will get to me soon...

Good luck to you! My list is #2950.5 still have a long way to go, but I know they will get to me soon...

Thanks bro! Hopefully they continue at this rate who knows you might be in by the end of the year!

I wonder if I'll be the baby of the group being I'm 22, I hope that doesn't give them a basis to extra hard on me.

Just a quick question the MTA sends out letters with the list #'s after the filing period ends or do they do it while it's still open?

Hey Jarob1020, I am not sure if you are referring to exam #8006 that was given on 4/19/08 or if your talking about the one that is currently posted for filing (#2301). Nonetheless, I received my list number for exam #8006 around 2009 well after I took the test and just recently received my invitation for pre-interview and lab testing. If you were indeed referring to "exam" #2301 I believe the list numbers will be dispersed once the last filing date has passed. I too have filed for 2301 as a back up. Hope this helped!

On the notice of examination it says

"Applicants will be notified of their random list number by mail within eight weeks of the application deadline...

but the filing period is around 8 weeks go figure, :confused:

You will know when the list numbers are being sent out when

people start posting them up on here. Yes, there is no exam for the 2301.

Hey All,

I just got back from 180 Livingston about 2 hours ago, I was the first one in. Everything went smooth, I was instructed to wait for the phone call for final processing. There were some people there for MTA Bus pre-employment and some for TA B/O final processing and medical.

Hey All,

I just got back from 180 Livingston about 2 hours ago, I was the first one in. Everything went smooth, I was instructed to wait for the phone call for final processing. There were some people there for MTA Bus pre-employment and some for TA B/O final processing and medical.

Would you know any info of how far they are up to on the list for exam# 8006?

Hey All,

My list # is 1300 i go down there friday the 16th so,more then likely we probably going to be in the same training class after the final process

My list # is 1300 i go down there friday the 16th so,more then likely we probably going to be in the same training class after the final process

Cool bro! I wish you the best of luck! Make sure to have all the documents requested i.e. Birth Certificate, Social Security and a New York State Commercial Driver License Permit Class B with Passenger endorsement and NO Air Brake restriction. Some one got sent home because they had a NJ permit...had it been the full license it would have been ok. Also, in regards to employment and list of residences only go as far back as when you got out of high school, I'm 22 so I listed everything back till I was 12 lol the lady at the front desk said that, that wasn't necessary. All in all make sure you bring the following with you on Friday:

-License AND CDL-P (if you don't have the full license yet)

-Birth Certificate

-Social Security

-Completed Pre-Employment Application & other forms that were mailed in the Pre-Interview invite...

-Court Disposition (if applicable)

-Official Accident Report (if applicable)

Oh and make sure that all documents you bring are ORIGINALS, people were sent back home for that and lack of having the the permit or proper endorsements.

Best of Luck:tup:

If for some reason you lost your birth certificate and or social security

card you can get another one, it has to have the raised seal on it though.

Did you find out when the next class is going to be? So you are on the 30

day clock, they sure are going through the list fast if #1300 is going on

Friday.

Friday.

That is correct, I was able to get a certified copy of my Birth Certificate in about 2 days via http://www.nyc.gov and my social security in about 7 business days. Unfortunately, I was not able to find out when the next class was going to be held. :P

Cool bro! I wish you the best of luck! Make sure to have all the documents requested i.e. Birth Certificate, Social Security and a New York State Commercial Driver License Permit Class B with Passenger endorsement and NO Air Brake restriction. Some one got sent home because they had a NJ permit...had it been the full license it would have been ok. Also, in regards to employment and list of residences only go as far back as when you got out of high school, I'm 22 so I listed everything back till I was 12 lol the lady at the front desk said that, that wasn't necessary. All in all make sure you bring the following with you on Friday:

-License AND CDL-P (if you don't have the full license yet)

-Birth Certificate

-Social Security

-Completed Pre-Employment Application & other forms that were mailed in the Pre-Interview invite...

-Court Disposition (if applicable)

-Official Accident Report (if applicable)

Oh and make sure that all documents you bring are ORIGINALS, people were sent back home for that and lack of having the the permit or proper endorsements.

Best of Luck:tup:

Man this going too be my third time going down there I got all the paper work I was on mabstoa list #2801 back in 2008 and still on the list everytime I went a week or two later the list goes on hold so hopefully this exam #8006 is my lucky charm

Friday.

Yes sir they going through that list like hot cakes

Man this going too be my third time going down there I got all the paper work I was on mabstoa list #2801 back in 2008 and still on the list everytime I went a week or two later the list goes on hold so hopefully this exam #8006 is my lucky charm

Don't be the jinx :mad: LMAO just kidding.

Friday.

How far before they get to the people that are in the #2000 mark like me? Maybe in 2012?:confused:

How far before they get to the people that are in the #2000 mark like me? Maybe in 2012?:confused:

I don't know the answer to that, nobody really knows. The last eligible

certified on the 8006 list is #1,537...they are up to around #1,300 for the

drug test.

Bottom line is that they will reach your number, only 6 months has passed

since they starting using the 8006 list and #820 is in the next class(9/26).

Don't worry about the list expiring in 2 years, they will go through the entire

list. Even Igor who is at the very end of the list will get notified.

Archived