Exam #8006: Just received the letter, List #1185

youngblaze

Finally mailed the letter this morning, decided against going in person

on Monday because of the UN Assembly meeting...I lack motivation

sometimes and when I am motivated.....it dies after awhile like a flame

on a candle.

Yes, I most likely would have been in next weeks class or the 10/10 one.

I really didn't have a good reason not to report other then being unprepared.

I just didn't think it would be that big of a deal to pass up a couple of classes.

But the way it's been going they have been skipping numbers so it seems.

:tup: hope you get a new letter for pre-employment soon!

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:tup: hope you get a new letter for pre-employment soon!

Whenever it comes, I will be ready this time around.

Do you know what time the Macy's parking garage opens?

It's around the corner from 180 Livingston St, I know there

are outdoor lots all around there.

I took the subway for the BOSS but that was during the middle

of the day, much better option for me to drive so I can get there

no later then 6:30am. I would get on at Queens Blvd/65th place

on the BQE and get off at the Tillary St exit, left on Jay St, left on

Livingston St. I checked the traffic cams between 5:30am-6:00am

and traffic is light going in that direction(westbound) of the BQE.

Taking the F train from 74th/Broadway to Hoyt/Schermerhorn St

or taking the express to Queens Plaza and then the G would take

way longer then driving in my case.

Whenever it comes, I will be ready this time around.

Do you know what time the Macy's parking garage opens?

It's around the corner from 180 Livingston St, I know there

are outdoor lots all around there.

I took the subway for the BOSS but that was during the middle

of the day, much better option for me to drive so I can get there

no later then 6:30am. I would get on at Queens Blvd/65th place

on the BQE and get off at the Tillary St exit, left on Jay St, left on

Livingston St. I checked the traffic cams between 5:30am-6:00am

and traffic is light going in that direction(westbound) of the BQE.

Taking the F train from 74th/Broadway to Hoyt/Schermerhorn St

or taking the express to Queens Plaza and then the G would take

way longer then driving in my case.

Unfortunately I dont, I took public transportation as I garage my car during the week being that I reside in Manhattan.

Finally mailed the letter this morning, decided against going in person

on Monday because of the UN Assembly meeting...I lack motivation

sometimes and when I am motivated.....it dies after awhile like a flame

on a candle.

I just didn't think it would be that big of a deal to pass up a couple of classes.

But the way it's been going they have been skipping numbers so it seems.

guess u have to do what im doing just live your life until they call or write you thats all. thats good you put your name back on the list you have one life to live so u might as well go all out

Your "friend" is most likely you, unless you have multiple personalities....

Don't tell them you snore! is the advice given on here, how else would they

put him on medical hold because of sleep apnea? you do know that to properly

diagnose sleep apnea you have to be sleeping over a certain period

of time.

lmao pjb its ok its only the internet man just confess its you but if its you or your friend the best of luck keep us posted

guess u have to do what im doing just live your life until they call or write you thats all. thats good you put your name back on the list you have one life to live so u might as well go all out

You have the right attitude, they came close to your list number, it's just

a matter of time. I am very thankful for having a decent list number despite getting a 85 on the exam.

Yes, I agree I want to take this all the way and not just go through the motions.

This video is for all of us on the 8006 list. :tup::tup::tup:

10/10? Unlikely. It takes about a good month before they actually place you into a class, assuming there's no delay in processing your paperwork and such. You also have to account for the time MTA requests information from DCAS, which is once a month, usually around the 15th. I'm banking on a class for you in November, maybe. It's just how the wheels turn in processing, ya know?

I got my letter to report to livingston street on 9/23 for my drug test. My List number is in the 1670's on 8006. They are moving through the list faster than I thought. Hopefully I only have to do this drug test once.

I was excited to hear that your list number is in the 1670's but when I call they are lower in numbers.. keep me posted, I know u must have more info than I do.....:) thanks.......

10/10? Unlikely. It takes about a good month before they actually place you into a class, assuming there's no delay in processing your paperwork and such. You also have to account for the time MTA requests information from DCAS, which is once a month, usually around the 15th. I'm banking on a class for you in November, maybe. It's just how the wheels turn in processing, ya know?

What I meant to say was had I not taken myself off the list most likely

I would have been in either one of those 2 classes. It is what it is, I can

wait awhile longer..

Cool bro! I wish you the best of luck! Make sure to have all the documents requested i.e. Birth Certificate, Social Security and a New York State Commercial Driver License Permit Class B with Passenger endorsement and NO Air Brake restriction. Some one got sent home because they had a NJ permit...had it been the full license it would have been ok. Also, in regards to employment and list of residences only go as far back as when you got out of high school, I'm 22 so I listed everything back till I was 12 lol the lady at the front desk said that, that wasn't necessary. All in all make sure you bring the following with you on Friday:

-License AND CDL-P (if you don't have the full license yet)

-Birth Certificate

-Social Security

-Completed Pre-Employment Application & other forms that were mailed in the Pre-Interview invite...

-Court Disposition (if applicable)

-Official Accident Report (if applicable)

Oh and make sure that all documents you bring are ORIGINALS, people were sent back home for that and lack of having the the permit or proper endorsements.

Best of Luck:tup:

hi all, I am new to this forum, and I have been reading alot about wjhat you guys are all going through, some sound very discouraging, I still have along way to go I am 2532, I cant wait, but I read that you also needed to bring a high school diploma? I myself never heard that, but is that true being that I have to dig that up... I just want to know thanks....B)

hi all, I am new to this forum, and I have been reading alot about wjhat you guys are all going through, some sound very discouraging, I still have along way to go I am 2532, I cant wait, but I read that you also needed to bring a high school diploma? I myself never heard that, but is that true being that I have to dig that up... I just want to know thanks....B)

Hey, no HS diploma is needed as there were no formal education requirements for this position.

It's not required, but it does not hurt to bring everything possible to the pre-employment interview. Being over-prepared is the preparation you can possibly have, for any interview.

Policies change over time, so you never know what you'll need.

Hey, no HS diploma is needed as there were no formal education requirements for this position.

Thanks thats what I thought also, but sometimes on these threads, some say things, and I am waiting to get started and I I still have a way to go still and I just was to be prepared for when it my time they call..thank:) you again

So the clock is winding down to my report time at Zerega...I must admit I am rather nervous! Any last bits of advice?

Thanks to each and everyone of you on this forum, you have all been of great help!

Dont forget your tie and shave :tup:

So the clock is winding down to my report time at Zerega...I must admit I am rather nervous! Any last bits of advice?

Thanks to each and everyone of you on this forum, you have all been of great help!

My advice to you young man is to taunt all the Yankees fans at 750 Zerega Ave, LOL. It's normal to be nervous

in the beginning, but as time goes by you will feel more comfortable driving the bus, don't fear the bus, but respect it.

Say to yourself over and over.."If he or she can do it then so can I! ":tup:

My advice to you young man is to taunt all the Yankees fans at 750 Zerega Ave, LOL. It's normal to be nervous

in the beginning, but as time goes by you will feel more comfortable driving the bus, don't fear the bus, but respect it.

Say to yourself over and over.."If he or she can do it then so can I! ":tup:

As I sit in my class right now I can't give you an exact number but I only know of a couple that didnt it make it ,we all trying to figure it out we started today at 10:00 am and day 10 test takers at 7:00 am so if they passed then we would be all together but i know in my class quite a few did quit o well

Shout out to Yblaze who is right next door coming back from lunch as I post this lol

Archived