Subway thieves targeting cell phones and other electronic gadgets

Harry

Guest lance25
Wait, the MTA has those PSAs NOT to flash electronics yet there boasting about having wifi and cell service in the coming years. typical.

Lmao! Ironic... but hey, NYC has to be up to the standards of the other cities or the 'elitists' won't be pleased..

Of course, one could make the same argument against having electronic devices anywhere as a person could just as easily get their cellphone, iPod, etc. stolen on the street as they could in the subways. The NYC Subway shouldn't have to be behind everyone else in terms of Wi-Fi or cellphone access just because there are a few bad apples trying to take your shit. People just have to be a bit more observant of their surroundings.

I suggested to a lady yesterday–as I suggest to anyone with their attractive-to-the-thief's-eye digital devices–stay away from the doorways. We can't tell people not to freaking use this stuff in public but be safe and aware- thieves love to snatch stuff just as the doors are closing... can't do anything for the iPod space cadets... they're the worst when they get jumped for their stuff or when a G.O. goes into effect and they ended up where they didn't expect to be.

If you get robbed on the train, chances are you were doing something stupid and you deserve it. I still can't understand why you all ways see some schmuck on the train with his/her iPad, Mac book, or someother over priced peice of electronic equipment, hammering away at it like there in their over priced apartment of the local douchbaggy coffie shop. Put the stuff away and pay attention to what is going on around you and don't get your self robbed.

I flaunt my luxuries liberally, but nobody seems to find me inviting. :(

If you get robbed on the train, chances are you were doing something stupid and you deserve it. I still can't understand why you all ways see some schmuck on the train with his/her iPad, Mac book, or someother over priced peice of electronic equipment, hammering away at it like there in their over priced apartment of the local douchbaggy coffie shop. Put the stuff away and pay attention to what is going on around you and don't get your self robbed.
That's me.

Archived