New NYC Buses!

DanTheTransitMan

Agreed, I was a fan of Orion buses from V to VII. Wonder when the VIII will be released.

Right now, I am dr:drool::drool:ling for those 3G's to come to CS, but they wont. :cry: But I do hope they move those buses around depots once there done testing in the depots.

@NovaCSW8030

Xcelsior at CS = :drool::)

The Orion VIII Artic is about 3 years behind schedule at this time. I'm not even sure the bus concept has left the drawing board. I can get an update on Wednesday. Now that Orion has perfected the VII, I would imagine they will go back to the VIII project.

The Orion VIII Artic is about 3 years behind schedule at this time. I'm not even sure the bus concept has left the drawing board. I can get an update on Wednesday. Now that Orion has perfected the VII, I would imagine they will go back to the VIII project.

:eek::eek::eek: You said what now!?!?!?

Looks a lot like a D40LFR body with Orion headlights. I still can't figure out why New Flyer could not deliver C40LFR's instead of that hideous 1998 remake (230) that is cruising around the Bronx (where are the rest by the way??) Thanks for any input!

It is a D40LF® body, with modifications.

It was MTA's choice to order C40LF's. It had nothing to do with New Flyer. At the time of award, the structure of the LFR had not been qualified to see revenue service with MTA.

Browse the C40LF Archive thread for more details.

Delivery of the remaining 134 buses of the base order is scheduled to commence within a week, and wrap up by January.

Looks a lot like a D40LFR body with Orion headlights. I still can't figure out why New Flyer could not deliver C40LFR's instead of that hideous 1998 remake (230) that is cruising around the Bronx (where are the rest by the way??) Thanks for any input!

The only hideous looking remakes around here are those remaked RTS's with that horrendous looking fat lip on the front.

C40LF is still a good looking bus, it's true classic. Not as sexy as the restyled but certainly not hideous either.

The only hideous looking remakes around here are those remaked RTS's with that horrendous looking fat lip on the front.

C40LF is still a good looking bus, it's true classic. Not as sexy as the restyled but certainly not hideous either.

Lol!

It's not a remake if it's been the same FOREVER! But I agree! I can't wait until that thing is redesigned! I haven't liked it since it was created in 1994!

Archived