S46/96 service to Teleport Business Park

LRG

I think for the most part, folks have their limits in terms of how far they're willing to go to protect their level of privacy on a bus or subway. Me, I personally have let several trains pass before taking one because I absolutely hate being packed in a subway car. The thing that really annoys me is that you have people that just love to be practically on top of you and they STINK too, especially those cigarette smokers and the sweaty folks. :eek: I keep moving and they keep moving right along with me and then I give them the look like WTF?? Stop moving near me already and some of them just don't get it. :mad: It's like you stink and I don't want you near me. Get the message already and stop moving. :mad:

lol.... how you come to work/school with ya breath hummin like that...

halitosis like a mah****a.... between that, and the women that wanna sit next to you & do they makeup.... smfh....

anyway, yup, the crowders (just like we were talkin about in that Random Thoughts thread (the one in o/t)).... I make sure I don't sit where the subway map is, b/c ppl will stand over you & look at the map, they don't care.....

The ones that move right along with you, are the ones that do it on purpose.... luckily, I don't get too much of that b/c I normally have a scowl on my face (but I actually snicker when the ladies clutch they little handbags.... to most black ppl it do, but that doesn't offend me).....

the crowders I tend to get, are the ones that wanna sit across from me.... not necessarily the ones that sit next to me, or the ones that stand over me.... I feel for folks that tend to get the crowders that hover over you more - That to me is the worst.....

No, I'm not saying you guys are in the wrong or abnormal or whatever. I'm just saying that crushloaded to you guys is different from crushloaded to me. There's nothing wrong with any of us.

And yeah, I saw that picture. But I don't see how the people seated are the people worse off than the standees.

1) Cool.... and exactly.

2) Don't know about you, but it's much easier to get off a crowded train/bus when you're already standing.... as opposed to when you're seated.... especially if you're not near a "door seat" (the seats closest to the door)....

I don't know how many ppl. I've seen missed their stop on the subway b/c they were sitting in the middle of the train (I should say, equidistant b/w doors), and aint know it reached they station up until it was too late.....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

halitosis like a mah****a.... between that, and the women that wanna sit next to you & do they makeup.... smfh....

anyway, yup, the crowders (just like we were talkin about in that Random Thoughts thread (the one in o/t)).... I make sure I don't sit where the subway map is, b/c ppl will stand over you & look at the map, they don't care.....

The ones that move right along with you, are the ones that do it on purpose.... luckily, I don't get too much of that b/c I normally have a scowl on my face (but I actually snicker when the ladies clutch they little handbags.... to most black ppl it do, but that doesn't offend me).....

the crowders I tend to get, are the ones that wanna sit across from me.... not necessarily the ones that sit next to me, or the ones that stand over me.... I feel for folks that tend to get the crowders that hover over you more - That to me is the worst.....

Whenever I do have to take the subway, I plan it so that I can stand in one of the areas next to the doors, and on the (4) or (5) I'll get on at Wall Street and get on the left hand side since there are no stops that require the doors to be opened on that side and I tend to stand right in the middle of the door, this way people aren't encouraged to stand next to me. However, if I'm really well dressed someone will want to come and stand next to me as if to say I'm standing next to this well dressed dude, or they'll just give me my space. I notice that if you're dressed well, you get a shit load of respect. People will apologize for stepping in your way or will let you go first and so on, but then again it isn't just the dressing well part, but almost demanding a certain level of respect as well and when you demand it you usually get it.

2) Don't know about you, but it's much easier to get off a crowded train/bus when you're already standing.... as opposed to when you're seated.... especially if you're not near a "door seat" (the seats closest to the door)....

I don't know how many ppl. I've seen missed their stop on the subway b/c they were sitting in the middle of the train (I should say, equidistant b/w doors), and aint know it reached they station up until it was too late.....

lol... I've seen it on the buses as well. Part of that is due to laziness too. People just love to wait until the very last minute to get up instead of getting up in advance and then they wait for the bus to actually stop before they even get up, so by the time the bus has stopped now they are getting up and taking their time to get to the door and by then the B/O is ready to pull off. :P

1) Cool.... and exactly.

1) On a side note, I remember last year, at the beginning of the school year, they didn't have a tripper on the S46 going to St. George, so everybody had to crowd onto a regular bus that showed up. I tell you, that bus was packed by any standard. When it was an O5, you had people sitting on each other's laps, and when it was a hybrid, you had people sitting on that platform that's as soon as you enter the door on that left hand side.

2) Makes sense, but the advantage of sitting is that you don't have people pressing up against you. But I could see how overall, standing would be better.

Whenever I do have to take the subway, I plan it so that I can stand in one of the areas next to the doors, and on the (4) or (5) I'll get on at Wall Street and get on the left hand side since there are no stops that require the doors to be opened on that side and I tend to stand right in the middle of the door, this way people aren't encouraged to stand next to me.

lol... I've seen it on the buses as well. Part of that is due to laziness too. People just love to wait until the very last minute to get up instead of getting up in advance and then they wait for the bus to actually stop before they even get up, so by the time the bus has stopped now they are getting up and taking their time to get to the door and by then the B/O is ready to pull off. :P

I do the opposite: I move to the center of the car to avoid the crowding by the door. I don't mind crowds, but if there's a way to avoid them, why not?

And yeah, I love when the people push the door and the bus driver doesn't stop. I applaud the bus driver: Why should everybody else be slowed down because you couldn't get up in time?

Of course, it's a different story if it's a senior or something, or if the bus is crowded and people need to move out of the way (if I'm by the door, I'll usually step off and then step back on to speed things up)

I think for the most part, folks have their limits in terms of how far they're willing to go to protect their level of privacy on a bus or subway. Me, I personally have let several trains pass before taking one because I absolutely hate being packed in a subway car. The thing that really annoys me is that you have people that just love to be practically on top of you and they STINK too, especially those cigarette smokers and the sweaty folks. :eek: I keep moving and they keep moving right along with me and then I give them the look like WTF?? Stop moving near me already and some of them just don't get it. :mad: It's like you stink and I don't want you near me. Get the message already and stop moving. :mad:

so true I actually blocked a seat to prevent them from sitting next to me. I literaly told them to their face that they stink. I will not be afraid to tell some one that they smell like shit!!!!!!!!!!!

halitosis like a mah****a.... between that, and the women that wanna sit next to you & do they makeup.... smfh.... anyway, yup, the crowders (just like we were talkin about in that Random Thoughts thread (the one in o/t)).... I make sure I don't sit where the subway map is, b/c ppl will stand over you & look at the map, they don't care.....

1) Cool.... and exactly.

I actually wouldn't mind them doing that. It means that they like you when they do makeup next to you on purpose.

However, if I'm really well dressed someone will want to come and stand next to me as if to say I'm standing next to this well dressed dude, or they'll just give me my space. I notice that if you're dressed well, you get a shit load of respect. People will apologize for stepping in your way or will let you go first and so on, but then again it isn't just the dressing well part, but almost demanding a certain level of respect as well and when you demand it you usually get it.

1) I think that's gender related... Men generally don't care if another man is suited & booted to the point where they'll respect them more on a train.... If anything, it may make you more of a target.....

What I have noticed is that females will go out of their way to respect you more.... That's that whole "well dressed man" thing.... I've gotten women that can't stand my guts at work, hold open doors for me when I had to get suited up... when I'm in my regular clothes, let the eye rolls, scowls, and attitudes commence....

Aside from those wretches.... there's this chick I was feeling, that literally RAN (almost knocked me over) to open the door.... Someone had went in prior, and she tried to catch it from closing before I did... I'm like got dayum.... as in, got dayum, I wanna beat it up too, shit....

I've even gotten females stepping to the side, to let me in (more) on a crowded train.... The average dude would just stand there on some ole "I aint givin up my spot" shit.... Nooope.

2) That's true.... ppl. do wait to the last minute, b/c it's their last bit of relaxation, so to speak.... it's no different than "squeezing in that last minute" before you get up in the morning.... I'm guilty of that.... like, it's 5:25 - 5 more mins... I doze off, and that shit turn into 1/2 hour; leavin myself less time to do what I gotta do before leavin the crib......

Yesterday, I went out to Flushing (well, I had to hit up this guy over there by [the annoyance that is] Queens Ctr. Mall first).... while I was on the Q58, this fat mahf***a sits next to me (about mid-ride, he got up and moved to the seat directly across from me).... the bus comes upon a stop, and he rings the bell & bumps into me, tryna hurry up off the bus.... He didn't say anything (like a sorry or w/e), so I stuck my foot out (in spite).... a shouting match ensued... I was 2 seconds away from gettin up to confront him, until the b/o started yellin hey hey hey, then he eventually got off....

after I did what I had to do, just to cool off, I fanned the Q16, walked from a shopping plaza (along bell blvd, before you hit ft. totten) to the library over there where the Q28 ends at, and took that back to flushing.... I had no intentions on fanning yesterday either....

I think oompaloompa was mad b/c I aint offer his fat ass any my chicken... When he got on, the rest of the back area was empty.... He comes & sits next to me, initially (another crowder, a lot of them DO be fat ppl. too)....

You know you that big, give yourself AMPLE time to get all that blubber up off the bus....

I actually wouldn't mind them doing that. It means that they like you when they do makeup next to you on purpose.

I totally disagree...

When a woman puts on makeup in front of a guy, it shows she has no respect for him and/or doesn't like him like that...... It's no different than a nzzzzz puttin on deodorant in front of a chick he feelin...... You will never catch a chick that's interested in you, doin herself up in front of you...

What do you think that whole thing about making a man wait (when she spends hours in the bathroom), stems from.....

1) I think that's gender related... Men generally don't care if another man is suited & booted to the point where they'll respect them more on a train.... If anything, it may make you more of a target.....

What I have noticed is that females will go out of their way to respect you more.... That's that whole "well dressed man" thing.... I've gotten women that can't stand my guts at work, hold open doors for me when I had to get suited up... when I'm in my regular clothes, let the eye rolls, scowls, and attitudes commence....

Aside from those wretches.... there's this chick I was feeling, that literally RAN (almost knocked me over) to open the door.... Someone had went in prior, and she tried to catch it from closing before I did... I'm like got dayum.... as in, got dayum, I wanna beat it up too, shit....

I've even gotten females stepping to the side, to let me in (more) on a crowded train.... The average dude would just stand there on some ole "I aint givin up my spot" shit.... Nooope.

LOL... Yesterday I went to that Verizon store over on Madison and 43rd and wasn't dressed uber fancy... Just a plain black American made t-shirt, American made jeans and some old comfy Italian shoes... The black lady servicing me says "Your name sounds so famous... I like it..." I just chuckled... You gotta love women... I'm sure she could've given a rats' @ss if I wasn't getting a new account through her. lol But yeah, then you have the legit chicks who do sh*t just because they're like that. A few weeks back I was coming out of the mall there in Columbus Circle and my hands were sort of full. (I had my laptop bag in one hand and my Whole Foods bag in another) and I tried pushing that button that opens the door for handicapped folks, but it wasn't working (:P), so I'm like great now I've gotta struggle with these heavy @ss doors with all of this stuff in my hands and then this white chick comes along in her jogging attire and opens the door and I was like "Oh, thanks!". ;) It was sort of unexpected, but it seemed like she was digging the Whole Foods bag, probably thinking this dude is the healthy type and then this black chick saw it and just rolled her eyes, like "Oh isn't that something. He gets special treatment and has women holding the door for him." I just strutted past her and continued on over to catch the X30 over on 57th. :cool:

2) That's true.... ppl. do wait to the last minute, b/c it's their last bit of relaxation, so to speak.... it's no different "squeezing in that last minute" before you get up in the morning.... I'm guilty of that.... like, it's 5:25 - 5 more mins... I doze off, and that shit turn into 1/2 hour; leavin myself less time to do what I gotta do before leavin the crib......

Yesterday, I went out to Flushing (well, I had to hit up this guy over there by the annoyance that is Queens Ctr. Mall first).... while I was on the Q58, this fat mahf***a sits next to me.... the bus comes upon a stop, and he rings the bell & bumps into me, tryna hurry up off the bus.... He didn't say anything (like a sorry or w/e), so I stuck my foot out (in spite).... a shouting match ensued... I was 2 seconds away from gettin up to confront him, until the b/o started yellin hey hey hey, then he eventually got off....

after I did what I had to do, just to cool off, I fanned the Q16, walked from willets pt/utopia to the library over there where the Q28 ends at, and took that back to flushing.... I had no intentions on fanning yesterday either....

I think oompaloompa was mad b/c I aint offer his fat ass any my chicken... When he got on, the rest of the back area was empty.... He comes & sits next to me.... You know you that big, give yourself AMPLE time to get all that blubber up off the bus....

LOL... Ugh, I just don't have the tolerance for that. I have no problem moving immediately, even if someone is just sitting near me that I don't care for, let alone next to me. Hell I've been on crowded buses in the city and I just have my Whole Foods bag there next to me like whatever. If they indicate that they want to sit as in ask to sit there, then I'll move it, but other than that my motto is you can go sit on the roof for all I care. I've done the same thing on the express bus too. The magic word is "Excuse me" and it should be done politely. Depending on the mood I was in, I probably would've done the something similar (lol), or at least I would've said something quite nasty to the extent of embarassing him. I mean really, he had all of that room and had to come and plop his big @ss there. If it were me, he would've gotten the don't even think about sitting near me stare long before he sat there.

I totally disagree...

When a woman puts on makeup in front of a guy, it shows she has no respect for him and/or doesn't like him like that...... You will never catch a chick that's interested in you, doin herself up in front of you...

What do you think that whole thing about making a man wait (when she spends hours in the bathroom), stems from.....

LMAO... I dunno, but I get sort of mesmerized sometimes when I see women putting their face on near me on the express bus. It's just hilarious but also relaxes me at the same time because they sit there working on that same cheek for like 5 minutes and I'm not sure I notice any difference. I mean I don't look and say "Oh she looks really great now", but I do think that she's getting ready for somebody, just not sure that that somebody will ever notice her. LOL

I'm like great now I've gotta struggle with these heavy @ss doors with all of this stuff in my hands and then this white chick comes along in her jogging attire and opens the door and I was like "Oh, thanks!". It was sort of unexpected, but it seemed like she was digging the Whole Foods bag, probably thinking this dude is the healthy type and then this black chick saw it and just rolled her eyes, like "Oh isn't that something. He gets special treatment and has women holding the door for him." I just strutted past her and continued on over to catch the X30 over on 57th. :cool:

...as the black woman's insecurity with white women continues...

Had you been black, that sista would've said something... Guaranteed.

I'll give you one instance where it's happened to me....

I dropped my mp3 player, and this slim white woman picked it up for me... It was at the Jay st station on the (4)(5) platform.... before that happened, some sista girl was eyeballin me hard, I paid her no mind (wasn't interested in her)... All I said to the lady was "thanks" (I wasn't interested in her either... too skinny for my taste)...

...and then up out the blue, sista girl goes: "well, you can't talk to me" ?

I didn't even answer that Stupid question.... The (4) came first, so she got on it... I was waitin for the (5) to flatbush...

LOL... Ugh, I just don't have the tolerance for that. I have no problem moving immediately, even if someone is just sitting near me that I don't care for, let alone next to me. Hell I've been on crowded buses in the city and I just have my Whole Foods bag there next to me like whatever. If they indicate that they want to sit as in ask to sit there, then I'll move it, but other than that my motto is you can go sit on the roof for all I care. I've done the same thing on the express bus too. The magic word is "Excuse me" and it should be done politely. Depending on the mood I was in, I probably would've done the something similar (lol), or at least I would've said something quite nasty to the extent of embarassing him. I mean really, he had all of that room and had to come and plop his big @ss there. If it were me, he would've gotten the don't even think about sitting near me stare long before he sat there.

I tried that...

I periodically gave him scowls the whole time - to the point where I could see his eyeballs through his dark glasses (not once did he ever look me in the eye that whole time he sat next to me)..... That equals guilt.... When I stopped eating, was around the moment he got up & moved across from me....

When I'm eating, I'll admit, I tend to be oblivious to things around me.... Had that been a skinny person, I might not have even noticed.... but you couldn't miss 400+ pounds of.... human.

LMAO... I dunno, but I get sort of mesmerized sometimes when I see women putting their face on near me on the express bus. It's just hilarious but also relaxes me at the same time because they sit there working on that same cheek for like 5 minutes and I'm not sure I notice any difference. I mean I don't look and say "Oh she looks really great now", but I do think that she's getting ready for somebody, just not sure that that somebody will ever notice her. LOL

lol.... well we differ on that note fam, b/c I think it's absolutely disgusting when women do that.... To me, a woman puttin on makeup on a subway is no different than clippin her krusty toenails.....

All allure & mesmerization is gone (even if she does end up lookin good after the fact)... it's a turn off for me to see a woman doin herself up in front of me... I'd rather the chick spend hours in the bathroom & come out on some ole "taaa daaa" tip, rather than seein the whole process unfold right in front of me....

far as her gettin ready for someone else.... I'm more like, if she's doin this in public like this, think about how commonly she would do something like this for men (plural), for......

...as the black woman's insecurity with white women continues...

Had you been black, that sista would've said something... Guaranteed.

I'll give you one instance where it's happened to me....

I dropped my mp3 player, and this slim white woman picked it up for me... It was at the Jay st station on the (4)(5) platform.... before that happened, some sista girl was eyeballin me hard, I paid her no mind (wasn't interested in her)... All I said to the lady was "thanks" (I wasn't interested in her either... too skinny for my taste)...

...and then up out the blue, sista girl goes: "well, you can't talk to me" ?

I didn't even answer that Stupid question.... The (4) came first, so she got on it... I was waitin for the (5) to flatbush...

LOL... With me they can't since they're not quite sure what I am exactly... Could be Hispanic, or some other mix, so they just roll their eyes because in any event I've got a little color to my skin tone...

I tried that...

I periodically gave him scowls the whole time - to the point where I could see his eyeballs through his dark glasses (not once did he ever look me in the eye that whole time he sat next to me)..... That equals guilt.... When I stopped eating, was around the moment he got up & moved across from me....

When I'm eating, I'll admit, I tend to be oblivious to things around me.... Had that been a skinny person, I might not have even noticed.... but you couldn't miss 400+ pounds of.... human.

LOL... Oh with those types, nothing works. I had a black guy like that. I'm on line at one of those places Downtown there (forget which one) and I got my papers with all of my personal info there and he's right on top of me as I'm getting ready to be called up, so I start turning around and giving him the look like what's the deal with you? So I move up a little and then he moves up so then I just had to turn around and say Don't you know how to give people some space? He started huffing and puffing and he still didn't really move back that much. Really annoying. :mad: Those are the types of people that freak you out because they have no sense of personal space.

lol.... well we differ on that note fam, b/c I think it's absolutely disgusting when women do that.... To me, a woman puttin on makeup on a subway is no different than clippin her krusty toenails.....

All allure & mesmerization is gone (even if she does end up lookin good after the fact)... it's a turn off for me to see a woman doin herself up in front of me... I'd rather the chick spend hours in the bathroom & come out on some ole "taaa daaa" tip, rather than seein the whole process unfold right in front of me....

far as her gettin ready for someone else.... I'm more like, if she's doin this in public like this, think about how commonly she would do something like this for men (plural), for......

LOL... I never said allure... The mesmerization of more of a putting me to sleep sort of thing and a level of being intrigued. I get relaxed in that sense and they're always on the express bus when I see them, usually the X14 from time to time, but I get chuckle out of it. I mean here were are on the Gowanus hitting potholes and sh*t and they're still there without a care in the world putting their faces on, potholes and all. lol

I was thinking, should they have a S53 limited run through the North Shore to the Teleport on weekdays?

Make up your mind where you want the LTD S53 to go already! First you wanted it to go to Mariners Harbor, now to Bloomfield...how about we just make the LTD route follow it's local counterpart and make it go to Port Richmond to make things simple!...

Make up your mind where you want the LTD S53 to go already! First you wanted it to go to Mariners Harbor, now to Bloomfield...how about we just make the LTD route follow it's local counterpart and make it go to Port Richmond to make things simple!...

LMAO... Took the words out of my mouth... All you'd be asking for is local buses being potentially delayed. SI local buses suffer from that enough already as it is.

A score ago some (62)s & (92)s ended/started at, from the Teleport. I learned this from a 1991 SI Bus & Mass Transit Map that was on SIR railcar #440. I hope that map is still on SIR railcar #440. If not I hope it's either in the Transit Museum or with the SI Institute of Arts & Sciences.

I like that (MTA)(NYCT) is now ending/starting some (46)s & (96)s at/from the Teleport.

That 20 year old map had other interesting things on it, but they're for another thread.

Archived