Low-Vs in service next four weekends

Kamen Rider

Guest lance25

I'm gonna say it'll be free (no added cost to a regular ride) like the Arnies are when they run in December for the holidays.

It'll be a nice change of pace seeing them on 7th Ave as opposed to the Lex as they usually are, even if it is only running between 96 St and Times Square.

Thanks for posting this, OP! But man, this train will get hammered, railfans in the masses + the regular customers.... crush loaded... not to mention these things don't have A/C lol. Those 10 car (1), (2) and (3) trains get hammered on that stretch... A four car Low V... gonna be interesting!

However, riding these things on that 42nd -72 ST express run sounds like fun though...

It's been planned for a while know, I hope there are more regular riders then buffs on the train.

Oh and it's free, so I guess all the cheap foamers will be there.

what else is new. to paraphrase the GOOD pelham 123, "millions for cameras but not one cent for tribute."

An event like this should be promoted for people to contribute even a small donation for the TM... ideally...

As for this, this is cool. I'm glad it'll be for 4 weekends. I'm not sure which one I'll go on or if I'll go. but would be nice if they ran the Low V or the IRT museum cars for the December specials than just the R9s up and down 6th Av.

An event like this should be promoted for people to contribute even a small donation for the TM... ideally...

Ideally. But unfortunately with an event like this you can bet the "sponsor" of the trip would also have to be on board with that. The old MOD trips used to do that...

The TM does a great job getting fundraising for educational programs etc. and an OK job getting money in for the collection, but as far as raising money specifically to get restorative work done on cars they could do more...problem is it requires not just money but skilled people (of which there are plenty - many of whom have been doing it for many years) and they can't do everything...dedicated newer people who are serious about restoration are needed...especially from inside Transit.

Yeah the first weekend it will be hell with a whole load of foamers. the 2nd & 3rd weekend there will be buffs but not a whole bunch of foamers compared to the first weekend. (Not included regulars)

But its good to see some nostalgia.

At first when i saw the title, im like... oh great another Yankees Special... But now on the Broadway IRT, thats sweet!

Ill be checkin this out!

Archived