My Aug 30th Trip with LIB N26 and Comedy on 8:15 N25 Lynbrook

FamousNYLover

Since my mom had to go to appointment in Manhattan and needed to use MetroCard, I had to return home by 13:00.

Here`s my report.

I got on front car of Times Sq-bound (7) Local #1741 departed Junction Blvd at 6:24, arrived 74th St-Broadway @ 6:28.

I got on rear car of Jamaica Center-bound (E) #9598 departed Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av @ 6:35, arrived Kew Garden-Union Turnpike @ 6:44.

Next, I got on rear car of 169th St-bound (F) #6708 departed 6:46, arrived 169th St @ 6:53.

I fast walk to Jamaica Bus Terminal with fliers I made copy of LIB People`s hearing.

At Jamaica Bus Terminal, I spoke in loud voice, enough to three parties of MTA Regional Bus Operators and employees, passengers to hear.

I said.

ATTENTION! LADIES 6 GENTLEMEN! THIS IS IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM TWU LOCAL 252.

ATTENTION BUS RIDERS:

ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT LOSING YOUR RIDE

Nassau County refused to have a pulic hearing, so we are holding our own

`People`s Hearing` on Long Island Bus. Join your neighbors, fellow bus riders, bus drivers and LI Bus workers from TWU Local 252, Long Island Jobs with Justice, the Long Island Progressive Coalition, New York Communities for Change and the Tri-State Transportation Campaign:

PEOPLE`S PUBLIC HEARING FOR LI BUS WILL BE HELD TOMORROW AUGUST 31ST, 6:30 to 8:30PM @ ETHICAL HUMANIST SOCIETY, 38 OLD COUNTRY RD, GARDEN CITY, NY BY 10TH AV NEAR MINEOLA TRANSIT CENTER/TRAIN STATION.

PLEASE ATTEND PEOPLE`S HEARING IF YOU WANT.

There was long line at N1/N26 Bay and I thought all these people were waiting for N1, but actually they were waiting for first N26 trip.

Some N26 Riders took fliers.

I lined up for N26, handing out flier who was interested and boarded first N26 Great Neck #1610 departed on time at 7:08.

I made announcement during N26 ride and some folks gladly took flier.

Arrived Great Neck Station @ 8:01, suppose to arrived 7:59. It was very busy line, which majorlity of riders got off by two major hospitals.

Next, I boarded N25 Lynbrook #1831 departed on time at 8:15.

I made announcement about people`s hearing and some folks took flier.

Since I was sitting at front, I overheard from regular bus rider and female B/O talking about Hurricane Irene. One of escourted bus got stuck somewhere along N25 route due to down trees.

At first railroad crossing, as bus was already on track when crossing gate signal flashed, then after bus left track, crossing gate lower.

Arrived Lynbrook Station @ 9:12, suppose to arrived at 9:08.

Next, I got on 8:42 N32 Far Rockaway #1702 departed Lynbrook Station @ 9:15 on time, arrived Broadway/Trinity Place on time @ 9:29.

I handed out fliers who were interested.

Diana Brewster at Hewlett-Woodmere Library help me copy fliers about PEOPLE`S HEARING and she gave me free 11 copies and I said thank you.

Next, I got on 9:42 N32 Far Rockaway #1705 departed 9:48, which was two minute lates from 9:46, and arrived Central/Mott Avs @ 10:08, suppose to arrive 10:03.

Next, I darted to Far Rockaway-Mott Av Beach 21st St Bus Terminal and made announcement to N33 Riders and some folks in Queens, who also use LIB beside MTA Bus gladly took my fliers.

One of Far Rockaway B/O had codebreak as Q41 and for moment, I thought Q41 made detour to Far Rockaway, but was not.

I had to ask, Excuse me, are you waiting for LIB?

When they said yes. I handed out fliers who were interested.

Then, I rush to Far Rockaway-Mott Av Subway Station.

I got on front car of Inwood-bound (A) #3873 departed 10:21, which T/O was cleaining his cab, and for moment, I thought he was tall and maybe R32 cab couldn`t closed it.

This conductor was VERY EXCELLENT.

Before train approaching Broad Channel, conductor made excellent announcement. Announcement on this (A) comes later.

At Broad Channel, he closed door.

Arrived Jay St-MetroTech @ 11:15.

Next, I got on front car of Forest Hill-bound (R) #5808 departed 11:18, arrived Whitehall St @ 11:23. Even this conductor was excellent.

Next, I got POP Receipt at South Ferry SBS and got on M15 East Harlem SBS #1247 departed 11:33, arrived 1st Av/43rd St at 12:11.

I walk to 3rd Av entrance of Grand Central and boarded front car of Flushing-bound (7) Local #1912 departed 12:23, call home to indicate I`m coming home.

Arrived Junction Blvd @ 12:46.

Then my mom used MetroCard for her appointment in Manhattan.

My mom came back before 17:00.

I went back to Junction Blvd and got on front car of Times Sq-bound (7) Local #1805 departed 17:30, arrived 17:34.

Then, made to front car of Coney Island-bound (F) #9873 departed 17:36, arrived 42nd St-Bryant Park @ 17:42.

I went to Mid Manhattan Library and ask librarian to cancel my 19:10 since there was express computer.

Then, I went to NY Class (Prounce as My Class) to help make sign for tomorrow`s rally against Horse-Drawn Carriage Industry, which security guard at 1120 6th Av, private building made me temporality visitor pass after he got touch with NY Class.

Two signs I made were.

BOYCOTT HORSE CARRIAGES AND SAVE POOR HORSES

I also translate to Japanese.

BOYCOTT HORSE CARRIAGES

IT`S UNSAFE

TAKE RIDE ON SAFE TOUR BUS

OR

SAFE MASS TRANSIT.

One of helper came all the way from Westchester County, which was terrible with Hurricane Irene.

At evening, she let me allow to bring one of rally sign home since I was coming tomorrow.

Since it was rainning at eastern of 5th Av-Bryant Park, so I took Flushing-bound (7) Local #19:06 departed 20:27, arrived Grand Central @ 20:29.

Next, I got on Flushing-bound <7> Express #2150 departed 20:36, arrived Junction Blvd @ 20:53.

THE END

Here`s excellent (A) train`s announcement.

Before approaching transfer points.

At Broad Channel, transfer upstairs, other side of platform for shuttle train to Rockaway Park.

At Howard Beach-JFK Airport, transfer upstairs for AirTrain JFK.

At Rockaway Blvd, transfer upstairs, other side of platform fo (A) to Lefferts Blvd.

At Euclid Av, this is (A) will be making express stop. Transfer across the plaform for (C) Local across the platform.

At Broadway Junction, transfer upstairs for (J)(Z) and (L) upstairs.

At Utica Av, transfer across the (C) Local across the platform.

At Nostrand Av, transfer to (C) Local downstairs on Lower Level.

At Hoyt-Schemerhorn, transfer to (G) to Church Av across the platform and (C) Local to Euclid Av and (G) to Queens on other side of platform.

At Jay St-MetroTech, transfer to (F) to Manhattan across the platform, and (F) to Coney Island on other side.

On (R) at Court St, he announced:

This is Court St. Transfer is available to IRT Lines (2)(3)(4)(5) train.

Jamaica Bus Terminal had N26 schedule, when I ask LIB B/O, unfortually, it was old one which was Summer 2010, and printed one was Spring 2011 on internet.

Only difference, Spring 2011 one moved up 3 minutes late than Summer 2010 copy.

2010 is better than nothing.

Since my mom had to go to appointment in Manhattan and needed to use MetroCard, I had to return home by 13:00.

Here`s my report.

I got on front car of Times Sq-bound (7) Local #1741 departed Junction Blvd at 6:24, arrived 74th St-Broadway @ 6:28.

I got on rear car of Jamaica Center-bound (E) #9598 departed Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Av @ 6:35, arrived Kew Garden-Union Turnpike @ 6:44.

Next, I got on rear car of 169th St-bound (F) #6708 departed 6:46, arrived 169th St @ 6:53.

I fast walk to Jamaica Bus Terminal with fliers I made copy of LIB People`s hearing.

At Jamaica Bus Terminal, I spoke in loud voice, enough to three parties of MTA Regional Bus Operators and employees, passengers to hear.

I said.

ATTENTION! LADIES 6 GENTLEMEN! THIS IS IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM TWU LOCAL 252.

ATTENTION BUS RIDERS:

ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT LOSING YOUR RIDE

Nassau County refused to have a pulic hearing, so we are holding our own

`People`s Hearing` on Long Island Bus. Join your neighbors, fellow bus riders, bus drivers and LI Bus workers from TWU Local 252, Long Island Jobs with Justice, the Long Island Progressive Coalition, New York Communities for Change and the Tri-State Transportation Campaign:

PEOPLE`S PUBLIC HEARING FOR LI BUS WILL BE HELD TOMORROW AUGUST 31ST, 6:30 to 8:30PM @ ETHICAL HUMANIST SOCIETY, 38 OLD COUNTRY RD, GARDEN CITY, NY BY 10TH AV NEAR MINEOLA TRANSIT CENTER/TRAIN STATION.

PLEASE ATTEND PEOPLE`S HEARING IF YOU WANT.

There was long line at N1/N26 Bay and I thought all these people were waiting for N1, but actually they were waiting for first N26 trip.

Some N26 Riders took fliers.

I lined up for N26, handing out flier who was interested and boarded first N26 Great Neck #1610 departed on time at 7:08.

I made announcement during N26 ride and some folks gladly took flier.

Arrived Great Neck Station @ 8:01, suppose to arrived 7:59. It was very busy line, which majorlity of riders got off by two major hospitals.

Next, I boarded N25 Lynbrook #1831 departed on time at 8:15.

I made announcement about people`s hearing and some folks took flier.

Since I was sitting at front, I overheard from regular bus rider and female B/O talking about Hurricane Irene. One of escourted bus got stuck somewhere along N25 route due to down trees.

At first railroad crossing, as bus was already on track when crossing gate signal flashed, then after bus left track, crossing gate lower.

Arrived Lynbrook Station @ 9:12, suppose to arrived at 9:08.

Next, I got on 8:42 N32 Far Rockaway #1702 departed Lynbrook Station @ 9:15 on time, arrived Broadway/Trinity Place on time @ 9:29.

I handed out fliers who were interested.

Diana Brewster at Hewlett-Woodmere Library help me copy fliers about PEOPLE`S HEARING and she gave me free 11 copies and I said thank you.

Next, I got on 9:42 N32 Far Rockaway #1705 departed 9:48, which was two minute lates from 9:46, and arrived Central/Mott Avs @ 10:08, suppose to arrive 10:03.

Next, I darted to Far Rockaway-Mott Av Beach 21st St Bus Terminal and made announcement to N33 Riders and some folks in Queens, who also use LIB beside MTA Bus gladly took my fliers.

One of Far Rockaway B/O had codebreak as Q41 and for moment, I thought Q41 made detour to Far Rockaway, but was not.

I had to ask, Excuse me, are you waiting for LIB?

When they said yes. I handed out fliers who were interested.

Then, I rush to Far Rockaway-Mott Av Subway Station.

I got on front car of Inwood-bound (A) #3873 departed 10:21, which T/O was cleaining his cab, and for moment, I thought he was tall and maybe R32 cab couldn`t closed it.

This conductor was VERY EXCELLENT.

Before train approaching Broad Channel, conductor made excellent announcement. Announcement on this (A) comes later.

At Broad Channel, he closed door.

Arrived Jay St-MetroTech @ 11:15.

Next, I got on front car of Forest Hill-bound (R) #5808 departed 11:18, arrived Whitehall St @ 11:23. Even this conductor was excellent.

Next, I got POP Receipt at South Ferry SBS and got on M15 East Harlem SBS #1247 departed 11:33, arrived 1st Av/43rd St at 12:11.

I walk to 3rd Av entrance of Grand Central and boarded front car of Flushing-bound (7) Local #1912 departed 12:23, call home to indicate I`m coming home.

Arrived Junction Blvd @ 12:46.

Then my mom used MetroCard for her appointment in Manhattan.

My mom came back before 17:00.

I went back to Junction Blvd and got on front car of Times Sq-bound (7) Local #1805 departed 17:30, arrived 17:34.

Then, made to front car of Coney Island-bound (F) #9873 departed 17:36, arrived 42nd St-Bryant Park @ 17:42.

I went to Mid Manhattan Library and ask librarian to cancel my 19:10 since there was express computer.

Then, I went to NY Class (Prounce as My Class) to help make sign for tomorrow`s rally against Horse-Drawn Carriage Industry, which security guard at 1120 6th Av, private building made me temporality visitor pass after he got touch with NY Class.

Two signs I made were.

BOYCOTT HORSE CARRIAGES AND SAVE POOR HORSES

I also translate to Japanese.

BOYCOTT HORSE CARRIAGES

IT`S UNSAFE

TAKE RIDE ON SAFE TOUR BUS

OR

SAFE MASS TRANSIT.

One of helper came all the way from Westchester County, which was terrible with Hurricane Irene.

At evening, she let me allow to bring one of rally sign home since I was coming tomorrow.

Since it was rainning at eastern of 5th Av-Bryant Park, so I took Flushing-bound (7) Local #19:06 departed 20:27, arrived Grand Central @ 20:29.

Next, I got on Flushing-bound <7> Express #2150 departed 20:36, arrived Junction Blvd @ 20:53.

THE END

Here`s excellent (A) train`s announcement.

Before approaching transfer points.

At Broad Channel, transfer upstairs, other side of platform for shuttle train to Rockaway Park.

At Howard Beach-JFK Airport, transfer upstairs for AirTrain JFK.

At Rockaway Blvd, transfer upstairs, other side of platform fo (A) to Lefferts Blvd.

At Euclid Av, this is (A) will be making express stop. Transfer across the plaform for (C) Local across the platform.

At Broadway Junction, transfer upstairs for (J)(Z) and (L) upstairs.

At Utica Av, transfer across the (C) Local across the platform.

At Nostrand Av, transfer to (C) Local downstairs on Lower Level.

At Hoyt-Schemerhorn, transfer to (G) to Church Av across the platform and (C) Local to Euclid Av and (G) to Queens on other side of platform.

At Jay St-MetroTech, transfer to (F) to Manhattan across the platform, and (F) to Coney Island on other side.

On (R) at Court St, he announced:

This is Court St. Transfer is available to IRT Lines (2)(3)(4)(5) train.

WHY DO YOU not even try to teach LI ppl about the mass transit they have??? Did you evev once attempt the LIRR??? don't even bring up the price argument!!!!! If you really want to be a transit lover then you would try to convince non users to use it to reach lirr cause most transit users in LI are LIRR USERS NOT LIB USERS

WHY DO YOU not even try to teach LI ppl about the mass transit they have??? Did you evev once attempt the LIRR??? don't even bring up the price argument!!!!! If you really want to be a transit lover then you would try to convince non users to use it to reach lirr cause most transit users in LI are LIRR USERS NOT LIB USERS

Realistically, you're not going to get LIRR users to take LIB. You may get a person here or there who truly doesn't know that buses connect them to the LIRR, but most of them aren't going to wait for a bus (and the stigma that comes with riding them of course)

Not everyone cannot afford to ride LIRR b/c of overprice.

You should have come to public hearing on Wed Night, where one of student only paids $2.25 just to get to College from city subway to colleges in Nassau County.

He's not saying to have LI Bus users ride the LIRR: He's saying to have LIRR users take LIB to/from the station instead of driving there.

Realistically, you're not going to get LIRR users to take LIB. You may get a person here or there who truly doesn't know that buses connect them to the LIRR, but most of them aren't going to wait for a bus (and the stigma that comes with riding them of course)

He's not saying to have LI Bus users ride the LIRR: He's saying to have LIRR users take LIB to/from the station instead of driving there.

THAT'S the thing the buses ARE TIMED with LIRR there IS NO WAIT most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again when it comes to advocating for mass transit you have NO BALLZ!!!!!!!!

I really don't feel like quoting both his posts

Do you really feel the need to double post instead of posting everything in one?

A public hearing was not required by law because the County merely fired one contractor (the (MTA)) and hired a different contractor (Veolia).

You really get off to this, don't you? Honestly, the italics and bold posts every time something comes up about Nassau not requiring to do anything is quite annoying.

I've seen people take N40/41/43 buses to Freeport's LIRR station plenty of times. LIRR riders that also use LIB really should speak up.

THAT'S the thing the buses ARE TIMED with LIRR there IS NO WAIT most of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again when it comes to advocating for mass transit you have NO BALLZ!!!!!!!!

LMAO!! I doubt it matters how many pairs anyone grows because LIRR riders are not taking the local bus out there. That's just too beneath them and I don't blame them. I mean anytime I use the LIRR I get car service afterwards. I had a networking dinner at the Oheka Castle a few years back and I doubt any Long Island Bus goes there.

I had an extreme trip through suffolk on their buses where do I post it here or in the regional forums??? I took S1,S54,S58,S62/71 and I took S61 before getting stranded due to early cut off till a stranger literally drove me all the way to my house in brooklyn straight from patchouge!!!!!!!!

Regional.

But since you brought up Suffolk county..... This past saturday I ended up taking the full S66, to the S62 to smith haven....

(:tdown: at their food court... the selection got worse.... but before you even get to the food court, I had to lmao @ a line for the cheesecake factory !!)....

...then I ended up taking the S57 to LIRR Ronkonkoma, sat there for an hour to wait for the train (to then for some stuck up female c/r to give me attitude before I could even find a seat)... I ended up walking to the last car of the train to avoid any further interaction w/ her.....

I could've stretched the trip, but I didn't feel like goin to sayville, or taking the 6a or 7a....

side note: speaking of Patchogue, that area where the S40/66/68 terminate (and where all the other routes serve after coming from the LIRR station a few blocks south) is a shithole.... I hate waiting at that area...

/end rant

LMAO!! I doubt it matters how many pairs anyone grows because LIRR riders are not taking the local bus out there. That's just too beneath them and I don't blame them. I mean anytime I use the LIRR I get car service afterwards. I had a networking dinner at the Oheka Castle a few years back and I doubt any Long Island Bus goes there.

Oheka Castle.... rings a bell....

Out there around cold spring harbor... bus service??

lmao... there's a laugh....

one thing buses out there aren't exactly slow at all. The thing that kills it is infrequency and deviations well at least as far as suffolk goes I have seen crushloaded suffolk buses however and no they aren't latino either their white well mostly students mixed in with some others on S60 and the S62 was hellish along nesconset hwy segment. However I think suffolk can improve via reroutes and hmm expanding service hours!!!!!!!!!!

LIB however needs to be tweaked N50 N46 and N45 are horribly routed and poorly planned what kind of bus runs hourly at rush hour!!!!! the fragment spoke and hub nature was it's undoing!!!!!!!!

Regional.

But since you brought up Suffolk county..... This past saturday I ended up taking the full S66, to the S62 to smith haven....

(:tdown: at their food court... the selection got worse.... but before you even get to the food court, I had to lmao @ a line for the cheesecake factory !!)....

...then I ended up taking the S57 to LIRR Ronkonkoma, sat there for an hour to wait for the train (to then for some stuck up female c/r to give me attitude before I could even find a seat)... I ended up walking to the last car of the train to avoid any further interaction w/ her.....

I could've stretched the trip, but I didn't feel like goin to sayville, or taking the 6a or 7a....

side note: speaking of Patchogue, that area where the S40/66/68 terminate (and where all the other routes serve after coming from the LIRR station a few blocks south) is a shithole.... I hate waiting at that area...

/end rant

Oheka Castle.... rings a bell....

Out there around cold spring harbor... bus service??

lmao... there's a laugh....

err oheka castle is walking distance from N79 is it not

And if the bus misses the train? Or what if you're dealing with a 30 minute route like the N73/N74 combo, and the train comes every 10 minutes? Driving can allow you to catch an earlier train than if you took a bus.

Like I said, a lot of LIRR riders aren't going to take the bus even if it's convenient.

And yeah, I don't think I'm going to go all the way out to LI (on my own dime) to advocate for LIers to take buses. If you want to do that, go right ahead.

Yeah, but it's probably on sidewalk-less roads.

Plus, I don't think he would be in the mood to transfer, even if the walk wasn't too bad. He could go to Hicksville and take the N79 there, but for less effort, he could go to Cold Spring Harbor and catch a car service to the restaurant.

I'm at the library now, and I can't seem to zoom in on the SCT or LIB map, so I can't tell if the distance is walkable, but I doubt he would go for that. I was able to check on Google Maps, and the road isn't that wide, but it still has no sidewalk for him to walk on.

Yeah, but it's probably on sidewalk-less roads.

That is a problem. Most roads on LI with more than 2 lanes either have no sidewalks or very ugly sidewalks with vegetation everywhere.

I'm at the library now, and I can't seem to zoom in on the SCT or LIB map, so I can't tell if the distance is walkable, but I doubt he would go for that.

The maps don't have scales. The LIB map is to scale, but it's so unwalkable that it isn't even shown. To give you an idea, a distance equivalent to walking along the N35 from the N79 to the N22 takes me 15-20 minutes.

That is a problem. Most roads on LI with more than 2 lanes either have no sidewalks or very ugly sidewalks with vegetation everywhere.

The maps don't have scales. The LIB map is to scale, but it's so unwalkable that it isn't even shown. To give you an idea, a distance equivalent to walking along the N35 from the N79 to the N22 takes me 15-20 minutes.

Well, I typed it in on Google Transit, and it said that walking from Jericho Turnpike to the restaurant is 7 minutes. Since the stop isn't right at that intersection (I don't even know if there's a stop in the area. The bus might pass right through), it'll probably be closer to 10 minutes (1/2 mile).

But since you gave the example of walking from the N79 to the N22, it would probably take the same amount of time (15-20 minutes)

But even though the road is pretty narrow, there is still no sidewalk and I doubt he would want to mess up his shoes walking in that.

Well, I typed it in on Google Transit, and it said that walking from Jericho Turnpike to the restaurant is 7 minutes. Since the stop isn't right at that intersection (I don't even know if there's a stop in the area. The bus might pass right through), it'll probably be closer to 10 minutes (1/2 mile).

The example I gave is just an approximation for the walk from the N81 to my house, which on Google Maps is the same distance as N79 to N22.

If Google Transit shows that you can get off there, there's a stop there.

The example I gave is just an approximation for the walk from the N81 to my house, which on Google Maps is the same distance as N79 to N22.

If Google Transit shows that you can get off there, there's a stop there.

Well actually, I just set the distance as being from Jericho Turnpike to the restaurant. It didn't occur to me to set it as the distance from Hicksville to the restaurant.

It says the nearest stop is Jericho Tpke/Hartman Hill Rd, which is 11 minutes away (a little over 1/2 mile)

By the way, for the N81, does that include the time you spend having to get around the LIRR tracks?

By the way, for the N81, does that include the time you spend having to get around the LIRR tracks?

I gave the N79/N22 example and specifically said "along the N35" because Post Av is a direct route and one doesn't have to detour to get over/under the LIRR.

That's like tellin park av patrons, that the M1/2/3/4 & the M101/M102/M103 are all a block away...

Even though this is a transit forum, I think a lot of folks on the forums get too caught up on trying to get (more of) the non-transit savvy (or the anti-public transit ppl) to take public subways & buses.... The general public aren't on the same wavelength when it comes to these types of things.... They don't care to be....

Archived