Does Walking Between MNRR/LIRR between Cars Illegal Also?

FamousNYLover

I was on 14:39 Huntington Train yesterday and I was in front car which had no restroom. When train left, I ask someone sitting across the seat and he said sure.

I went to use restroom at next car. After I change my clothes to Rider Rebellion t-shirt, when I went back NYPD sitting by door told me, I was not suppose to go through cars, but he didn`t give me a ticket or fine and since I had my backpack being watch.

Is same subway car violation policy applies on LIRR/MNRR also?

I was on 14:39 Huntington Train yesterday and I was in front car which had no restroom. When train left, I ask someone sitting across the seat and he said sure.

I went to use restroom at next car. After I change my clothes to Rider Rebellion t-shirt, when I went back NYPD sitting by door told me, I was not suppose to go through cars, but he didn`t give me a ticket or fine and since I had my backpack being watch.

Is same subway car violation policy applies on LIRR/MNRR also?

Not that I know of b/c my friends and I asked the C/R can we walk to the next car and she said yes!

It's prohibited.

But nobody enforces that and the conductors encourage it.

Having done so both between singles (C3's), A ends and B ends, I think it's fine and safe. Commuter trains don't jostle up and down as much as the subway cars. The A ends are a bit scary, especially in the rain, but if you're able bodied it should be no problem. For the elderly it would be a safety risk (conductors could just assist), as well as the fact that the end car doors are VERY hard to open.

A Metro North Conductor said that goin between cars is prohibited whne the train is in motion but you can go when the train is stopped.

I moved between RR cars multiple times.

Its also not allowed to ride in the Shoreliner vestibule but you know how many times I've been and have seen people ride there due to an overcrowded train?

I don't know about the legality of it, but it's done on the LIRR like mad (moreso than MNRR, IMO).... regardless if the train is stalled or in motion.....

I tend to refrain from it while passing through the ugly switches around Jamaica, Penn, and Atlantic Term, but other passengers often don't understand why I'm standing there, clearly wanting to go to the next car, but waiting.

The C/R's encourage it, they don't make the announcement about fewer cars until just before the station and they hold the doors for people. And BTW, how is the typical passenger supposed to know what car he/she is on???

Really? SEPTA has LOTS of short stations, I guess the rear cars on many trains are empty...

They lack bathrooms and the trains only need like one car opened on many line cuz no one ride Regional Rail. There's buses and other cheaper forms of getting around Philly, I'm the only nutjob who depends on it.

Aren't SEPTA trains shorter, though?

About 1/3 the size of a MNRR train, tho all Express carry about the same amout of cars as a MNRR. (SEPTA's nazi rule about crossing cars is not waved on expresses with Silverliners but expresses with Comets/Shoreliners it is.)

It's prohibited.

But nobody enforces that and the conductors encourage it.

Having done so both between singles (C3's), A ends and B ends, I think it's fine and safe. Commuter trains don't jostle up and down as much as the subway cars. The A ends are a bit scary, especially in the rain, but if you're able bodied it should be no problem. For the elderly it would be a safety risk (conductors could just assist), as well as the fact that the end car doors are VERY hard to open.

For LIRR maybe, But Metro-North it is legal. Tho not recommended to cross while in motion.

They pretty much allow people to move so the car wouldn't fill up.

Plus for customers to access restrooms.

For LIRR maybe, But Metro-North it is legal. Tho not recommended to cross while in motion.

They pretty much allow people to move so the car wouldn't fill up.

Plus for customers to access restrooms.

As a person who chooses to ride the LIRR over the (E) train, they dont really enforce it, but rather, they encourage it for optimum space within cars. They do encourage it for restroom use as well.

As a person who chooses to ride the LIRR over the (E) train, they dont really enforce it, but rather, they encourage it for optimum space within cars. They do encourage it for restroom use as well.

Does NJT have some sort of rules for crossing cars?

Archived