I had to wait 2 and a half hours

metsfan

I had to wait 2 and a half hours at trenton after my train was 30 minutes late to get a ride home. However, i also got to catch a 12 car EMU consist which was so long it took up all of the platform and had one car not platforming at all. Please forgive my miscounting the cars as i was tired and very bothered by some stuff that had happened earlier in the city with 2 people i know.

- Andy

NJT goes to PA??

Yep, but not in service. They have a yard in morisville, pa. Similarly they have a yard in NYC, however they do not have service past ny penn station.

- Andy

Yep, but not in service. They have a yard in morisville, pa. Similarly they have a yard in NYC, however they do not have service past ny penn station.

- Andy

Oh okay, I didn't know that. It's a cool looking train too. "Did you forget something?" LOL

Oh okay, I didn't know that. It's a cool looking train too. "Did you forget something?" LOL

Ya, i was like... wow she's working really long today.... turns out she left trenton to go to yoga....

Needless to say i was confused & a bit irritated at the prospect of having to wait 2 hours when i was tired & ready to sleep. This video was shot about 25 minutes after i got in. I actually got some sweet video & some photos that i'll put in a new thread in a moment!

- Andy

- Andy

But its not they're yard. Thats Amtrak. NJT can just keep trains there for short lay ups until it has to go back to NJ. They try not to keep trains there for long.

But its not they're yard. Thats Amtrak. NJT can just keep trains there for short lay ups until it has to go back to NJ. They try not to keep trains there for long.

You mean morrisville or sunnyside?

- Andy

that is odd....since an ALP-44 is only safe/efficient at pulling a maximum of 9 cars....the ALP-46 isn't even efficiently capable of pulling 14 cars (ALP-46 are allowed 12 singles at max and 10 multi-levels....which is why the 12 car ML set has two ALP's)

Do you have any idea where this 14 car ALP-44 Septa/NJ Transit consist was headed???

that is odd....since an ALP-44 is only safe/efficient at pulling a maximum of 9 cars....the ALP-46 isn't even efficiently capable of pulling 14 cars (ALP-46 are allowed 12 singles at max and 10 multi-levels....which is why the 12 car ML set has two ALP's)

Do you have any idea where this 14 car ALP-44 Septa/NJ Transit consist was headed???

Towards Philly, and you're right. I ment two ALP-46s. *slaps head*. One was 4612. IDK the other one.

Actually, an ALP-46 once hauled 14 Amtrak AmFleet cars.

The alp-46 has more HP than aem-7. It could haul 14 amfleets easily at 100 mph. I think amtrak might be in the market for some alp-46a's. Currently it has the acela, HHP8, and aem-7 electrics. I think the alp-46a could provide them with a reliable and interesting addition to their fleet, and could be used on :ac: runs.

- Andy

Archived