Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

EXCLUSIVE 'Law & Order: SVU' Season 13 Behind the Scenes Gallery

East New York

by Chris Harnick, posted Sep 1st 2011 HuffPost/AOL

Big changes are ahead on 'Law & Order: SVU.' When Season 13 kicks off, Christopher Meloni's Detective Elliot Stabler will no longer be part of the show and neither will B.D. Wong. Danny Pino and Kelli Giddish will join the cast.

Have no fear, Mariska Hargitay is sticking around as Detective Olivia Benson and Richard Belzer, Dann Florek and Ice-T will also be back this year. Additionally, Stephanie March and Diane Neal will be reprising their ADA roles in the new season.

See the new cast and a few more details here.

This will probably be the last season of my fav show. Why did stabler have to leave? I hate when actors think they can go on and do better things. He had the best thing going for him. Oh well. Season 9 was the best with Det. lake.

This will probably be the last season of my fav show. Why did stabler have to leave? I hate when actors think they can go on and do better things. He had the best thing going for him. Oh well. Season 9 was the best with Det. lake.

It sounds like a contract dispute or he got tired of the show. I like Det. Lake also!

Chris Meloni out = Ratings Drop and everyone watches Law And Order CI

I can tell you're not a real Law and Order fan b/c Criminal Intent got canned back in July...NEXT and the ratings won't drop just b/c of Stabler left the show!

WHAT!?!? You can't have SVU without Stabler! He's the badass! and the best character is the show

It sucks he's not making a return but the show must go with or w/o him!

This is sad news......Stabler and Benson was my favorite detectives on there and now that's he's gone it won't be the same w/o his character. I'll still watch the show. Danny Pino good actor from the ex-Cold Case show from channel 2!

Archived