Cortlandt St (1)

Andy

Since both of the (R) Cortlandt Street platforms are going to be open by next week, are there any news for the Cortlandt Street on the (1) line. Last I heard it was supposed to open on or near the 10th anniversary of the September 11 attacks...thanks in advance!

How is that station gonna open next week? I ridden though it a few days ago and its still a shell with sunlight peeking though, how come the TA isn't promoting it like they are with the Southbound (R) Cortland street? I doubt the (1) station will open next sunday, if it does I will change my avy to the Yankees or Phillies logo, I'm a mets fan so I'm not too fond of those teams lol...

Also, at this point, how are the riders gonna exit the station.... the transit hub is not even finished...

Guest lance25

The Cortlandt St (1) station probably won't open until One World Trade opens or is close to opening. Remember, unlike the (R) station which was adjacent to the Twin Towers, that portion of the (1) line where Cortlandt St is located is directly under the site (if I'm not mistaken, a portion of the station itself was under the South Tower).

EDIT: Based to the Port Authority's 2Q 2010 report, the (1) station will probably open with the PATH hub (supposedly in 2013) since both stations are going to be connected.

I had created a thread earlier stating that Cortlandt St. (1) was expected to reopen by the 10th anniversary, based on PA documents. However, if you read the 1st Quarter 2011 Report you will see that they only started constructing the station in the 2nd quarter of this year. Only parts of Greenwich St. are gonna be open (apparently) for access to the 9/11 memorial a week from now, but now that they're done building the supports for the (1) structure they can work on reopening Greenwich St. (which I expect would happen late 2012-early 2013).

Archived