Request to B/O- Stolen or Drop My 30-Day MetroCard

FamousNYLover

When I was at Apple Comupter store last night, I think my 30-Day MetroCard Serial #2205287646 were stolen by black teenager ladies who were hauling over my stuff might have pickpocketed my MetroCard, even I was watching it.

Apple Store stuffs couldn`t help me.

Last time I use my MetroCard was M7 Manhattanville Bus Depot #6776 and after I paid, maybe I thought I put in my wallet, but maybe fallen onto bus aisle.

If possible, can or MHV/KR can check Manhattanville Bus Depot to see that my MetroCard can be found?

My Mom Does Not Understand 30-Day MetroCard cannot be refund by cash, even with receipt from SBS Machine/MetroCard TVM.

Last night on <7>, I call two of my bus operator friend, one from Manhattanville Bus Depot, one from 126th St Depot, former Manhattanville Bus Depot.

Harlem-bound M7 #6776 I boarded at 6th Av/45th St @ 18:54.

That's news to me. Did you pay with a credit card at the Metrocard machine? If you paid with cash, you are out of luck even with a receipt. They only give refunds if you lose your card and paid with a credit card. That's why I always use my credit card when I get them, this way I can be refunded if there is a problem. :cool:

You need to be careful how you handle your pass cards, ID cards, credit cards, (just speaking in general) Any of that stuff can be misused if stolen.

Yeah, I guard my wallet like it's my life. I mean I used to have problems forgetting my Metrocard at home, as I would keep them in my pants' pocket and then put the pants in the hamper and forget about the Metrocard since I don't keep anything else in my pockets, so now I make a point to either put the Metrocard back in my wallet immediately after each use or thoroughly check my pockets before putting my pants into the hamper. It's a process though because what I do now is have one spot for new Metrocards since I buy several Unlimited Express Bus Plus Cards at a time so I don't need to go to Grand Central or whatever to keep buying them and then the Metrocard in use in another spot. Once I use the old one, I have a spot for those too in my wallet and I take those and put them into those Metrocard slot thingys in a subway station so they can be reused or whatever by the (MTA).

Mind you I have a pretty small wallet too which I can basically fit in one hand, but the thing is you have to be organized. :cool: I only keep the basics in there and it works just fine.

When I was at Apple Comupter store last night, I think my 30-Day MetroCard Serial #2205287646 were stolen by black teenager ladies who were hauling over my stuff might have pickpocketed my MetroCard, even I was watching it.

Apple Store stuffs couldn`t help me.

Last time I use my MetroCard was M7 Manhattanville Bus Depot #6776 and after I paid, maybe I thought I put in my wallet, but maybe fallen onto bus aisle.

If possible, can or MHV/KR can check Manhattanville Bus Depot to see that my MetroCard can be found?

My Mom Does Not Understand 30-Day MetroCard cannot be refund by cash, even with receipt from SBS Machine/MetroCard TVM.

Last night on <7>, I call two of my bus operator friend, one from Manhattanville Bus Depot, one from 126th St Depot, former Manhattanville Bus Depot.

Harlem-bound M7 #6776 I boarded at 6th Av/45th St @ 18:54.

yo. If you was watching these two girls hualing over your stuff why didn't you do anything then?

Wallet is the best place to keep ur wallet, alot of people are so reckless with their Metrocard they put in places like their back pocket, in left & right pockets or in their shirt pockets & forget that if they leave it in there by easily bending or sitting down u can actually damage the Metrocard, but MTA should actually have a tracking on all serial numbers even the ones purchased by tech hiders which are people afraid to use technology things to buy their Metrocards but overall in more people use plastic for their purchase instead of cash they will find out that it is easier to track then paper

Yeah, I guard my wallet like it's my life. I mean I used to have problems forgetting my Metrocard at home, as I would keep them in my pants' pocket and then put the pants in the hamper and forget about the Metrocard since I don't keep anything else in my pockets, so now I make a point to either put the Metrocard back in my wallet immediately after each use or thoroughly check my pockets before putting my pants into the hamper. It's a process though because what I do now is have one spot for new Metrocards since I buy several Unlimited Express Bus Plus Cards at a time so I don't need to go to Grand Central or whatever to keep buying them and then the Metrocard in use in another spot. Once I use the old one, I have a spot for those too in my wallet and I take those and put them into those Metrocard slot thingys in a subway station so they can be reused or whatever by the (MTA).

Mind you I have a pretty small wallet too which I can basically fit in one hand, but the thing is you have to be organized. :cool: I only keep the basics in there and it works just fine.

By the way, the MetroCard should still work alright if you accidentally wash it, assuming it didn't get banged around too much, right?

The only MetroCard I carry around is my Student MetroCard. On the weekends and whenever my Student MetroCard isn't valid, I just take a MetroCard from my family's stash. (We actually didn't have to start buying the MetroCards with the 7% bonus until about 2 months ago. :cool: )

Wallet is the best place to keep ur wallet, alot of people are so reckless with their Metrocard they put in places like their back pocket, in left & right pockets or in their shirt pockets & forget that if they leave it in there by easily bending or sitting down u can actually damage the Metrocard, but MTA should actually have a tracking on all serial numbers even the ones purchased by tech hiders which are people afraid to use technology things to buy their Metrocards but overall in more people use plastic for their purchase instead of cash they will find out that it is easier to track then paper

I generally wear cargo pants, so that solves the problem right there. I just have to remember not to wash my MetroCards in the laundry. I do have one of those MetroCard holders, but I don't use it because it's easier to just take the MetroCard out of my pocket.

In Miami, they have a SmartCard system. You can pay $2 and get a plastic EasyCard that stores your fares, or you can get a paper EasyTicket for free. The advantage of them is that, even if you bend the card, it's still valid (I tried it with an expired one and it still scanned, though obviously it said it was expired)

By the way, the MetroCard should still work alright if you accidentally wash it, assuming it didn't get banged around too much, right?

The only MetroCard I carry around is my Student MetroCard. On the weekends and whenever my Student MetroCard isn't valid, I just take a MetroCard from my family's stash. (We actually didn't have to start buying the MetroCards with the 7% bonus until about 2 months ago. :cool: )

Actually it's not that I would forget the Metrocard and wash it in my pants. I would just forget the Metrocard and then get to the damn bus stop (10 - 15 minute walk) and go to my wallet to get my Metrocard for the express bus and then realize that it was in my pants pocket. :mad: Used to drive me nuts because I would miss the last express bus and would have to walk back to the house to get the Metrocard and then call car service to get over to Hylan Blvd for an express bus there, wasting $10 - $15 in the process. Usually would happen on the weekends since I would come home smashed or whatever and would just take my pants off and not even bother to check my pockets before doing so. Monday would roll around and I would be in a hurry to get out and would forget so after 2 or 3 times of that happening, I made a rule by which pants pockets must always be checked and I always make sure that I have my Metrocard on me before I leave the house. :cool:

Now I also carry additional Unlimited Express Bus Plus Metrocards on me as well so I could just pull out one if need be and use it and report the other one lost or whatever, but you lose at least one day on the Metrocard like that so I prefer not to do that as that eats into the saving I get paying $50.00 a week per card for unlimited usage on the express bus, local bus and subway for 7 days.

One thing about the MetroCards is their magnetic strip is VERY prone to being damaged, you gotta keep those things away from anything that's remotely magnetic otherwise you wind up with the all too common "READ ERROR"

Sometimes that "READ ERROR" isnt the metrocard but the head not being able to read the info, but if u can see a dent in ur Metrocard stripe then it might be messed up, but if u have a pay per ride Metrocard u can transfer the information on that card to another card at a local subway booth, wish they made the mvm's available to do it with MTA taking away all of the subway booths

The Magnetic Reader Heads are supposed to cleaned every 4 hours in the subway & daily on city buses but like other things in NYCT they just get them & dont maintain them, look at the buses how they come in brand new & then months later they just fall apart on power where u got to tap the gas pedal 3 times to move the bus

Yuki, just show your Mom this page and she will use a credit card from now on...

http://www.mta.info/metrocard/balanceprotection.htm

All my MetroCards are bought with credit cards. Hell, I need to refill $3 into my card for a few rides, that comes from my Visa instead of cash.

Plus, showing off $104 in cash at the vending machine is not exactly what I would call "safe to do"

Does your mom's work place offer Premium TransitChek MetroCards? My mom has one of them and they last for a year unlimited (though $89 is taken out of your mom's paycheck a month) and if you lose it you just gotta fill out a form on the NYC site instead of dealing with paying for a card with cash or credit/debit

Archived