Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Will the Q on 2 av bring back the W?

VWM

Will the (Q) on 2nd av bring back the broadway local, the (W)? Maybe. The 2nd av line is supposed to bring customers away from lex and To 2nd av. This may over crowd the (Q) broaday's only express. Which may cal for an express (N) and the return of the (W) to fill In as local. Feel free to leave your thoughts.

If your saying..

IS THE (W) coming back?

It is likely. (Q) is via Astoria temporary till the 96th Street portion of the 2nd Avenue Line is done.

People on Astoria will want Express service if there is no (Q) around. Plus the (W) would help out the (R) on the Broadway.

Once Jay Walder leaves, & the new guy comes in we should then be able to tell if the (W) is coming back or not.

If the (MTA) had the money, once the (Q) goes to 96 St, do the following things:

(W)

-Bring it back, but change the service pattern:

+ (W) runs from Ditmars Blvd, Queens -to- Bay Parkway, Bklyn on the West End line

+ (W) runs via Broadway Express and some rush hour trips go West End Express in peak direction

+ A Few Rush hour trips to Chambers St on the (J)*

(N)

+ Continue to have it run via Broadway Local, following current service pattern.

That way Astoria Riders now have a choice of going Broadway Express or local, and West End riders have a one seat ride on the Broadway & Astoria Lines.

* NOTE: That would only be possible if Broad St, Fulton St & Chambers St still have 600 ft train lengths.

btw, another note: If the (W) did come back, most likely it will be all R160's.

It should be exactly how it was before the 2010 cuts except the (Q) will go to 96th/2nd rather than 57th/7th.

There is NO WAY that the MTA is going to listen to any of these "fantasy" ideas that call for an extension of the (W) into Brooklyn. I don't see why you guys think that it would be any other way.

And the (Q) should not have multiple northern terminals. If the headways on the (Q) on Second Avenue are going to be 10 minutes or more then we'll just walk to Lex for a train every couple minutes.

Once Jay Walder leaves, & the new guy comes in we should then be able to tell if the (W) is coming back or not.

If the (MTA) had the money, once the (Q) goes to 96 St, do the following things:

(W)

+ (W) runs from Ditmars Blvd, Queens -to- Bay Parkway, Bklyn on the West End line

+ (W) runs via Broadway Express and some rush hour trips go West End Express in peak direction

(N)

+ Continue to have it run via Broadway Local, following current service pattern.

That way Astoria Riders now have a choice of going Broadway Express or local, and West End riders have a one seat ride on the Broadway & Astoria Lines.

* NOTE: That would only be possible if Broad St, Fulton St & Chambers St still have 600 ft train lengths.

I'm agreeing with Gorgor here, i'm calling for the (W)'s return from Pre-2010 Service cuts. No Crazy replacing the former Brown (M) or <R> with the (W).

Whether you loved it or hated it, it should come back from the "doomsday cuts" as the zombie train.:(

I'm agreeing with Gorgor here, i'm calling for the (W)'s return from Pre-2010 Service cuts. No Crazy replacing the former Brown (M) or <R> with the (W).

Whether you loved it or hated it, it should come back from the "doomsday cuts" as the zombie train.:(

Umm thats Gorden your quoting.....

LMFAOOO QUE? Dude what have you been smoking?

The peak directional express service on the West End Line failed miserably. The (MTA) killed it because of that reason in 2000-2002. Some of you guys fail miserably at mass transit planning. Truthfully I don't want to see some of you people ever become urban planners. Unless if the (MTA) wants a bunch of loonies to bankrupt their agency.

(W)

(N)

lolwut.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up reviving the W as a 96th St-Whitehall St line...

Sending a local up there would just not work. The tracks coming from 2nd Avenue are the Broadway express tracks, so having the (N)(Q) and (W) cross tracks with each other will jam it up completely and cause delays, not to mention everyone would continue using the (4)(5) because a local is just too slow.

Sending a local up there would just not work. The tracks coming from 2nd Avenue are the Broadway express tracks, so having the (N)(Q) and (W) cross tracks with each other will jam it up completely and cause delays, not to mention everyone would continue using the (4)(5) because a local is just too slow.

Wouldn't be feasible seeing as how it'd have to switch from the express tracks to the local track.

Any route to the U.E.S. should stay on the express tracks, any route to Whitehall Street should stay on the Local tracks.

I did hear they were looking into connecting the 63rd St. tracks to the local, which shouldn't be that hard, at least northbound (you use the trackbed for the original local stub before the 60th St line was added).

What about increased (N) service. And express <N> during rush hours both ways.

Then Astoria waits for an express train up in their neck of the woods. Before fiscal problems ever arose the only thing that was planned was the (N) possibly going express from 57 instead of 34 like it did then.

If I'd have my way -- the Q train traveling to/from the 96th Street-Second Avenue terminal, as an express along the Broadway Exp and the Manhattan Bridge, and local along the Brighton line to Coney Island.

The W-train would be re-instated as a local train from Astoria Blvd to Whitehall Street weekdays from 6am to 9pm, local in Queens and Manhattan.

The N-train would be changed to a full-time express train to/from 57th Street to DeKalb AVenue and express along 4th Avenue to Coney Island. However during the midnight hours the N-train would then become an all local train replacing the R-train.,

The R-train would run as it does now everyday, local in Queens, Manhattan and Brooklyn, from 6am to midnight.

This is what I'd do.

Mike

Wait then how about South Brooklyn and the West End Line? You don't think Fourth Avenue needs subway service after the (Mx) disappeared? At best the (W) should run to South Brooklyn during rush hours if it ever comes back. Maybe terminate it at 9th Avenue or Bay Parkway?

STOP FOAMING!!!

No (W), its easy. Just make a N Express route that runs via Broadway exp, thats all. No need for the (W).

Oh and btw : :lock::lock::lock::lock:

And what route will help the ®arly?

Archived