Need help my dad died

sealteam1962

i took my drug test almost 2 weeks ago still waiting for a call this friday my dad passed away i have to do so many things to help my mom out and go to florida for a month or more what do i do when they call me down for medical.i want the job but cant take the postion at the moment.in a few months i can will they hire me again.i will have his death certificate wondering if i tell them what just happened will they just tell me that i will take drug test again and just have to reinstate my list # please help me so upset with my dad passing away.

First and foremost, I'm so sorry for your lost.

Be strong, and continue to do so in the future.

As for your hiring stage, I'm not sure how the employment center handles these situations because in their eyes they do not hold positions for anyone; but hopefully there's a loophole that you can benefit from.

I'd suggest calling MTA's EMP center on Tuesday morning to find out your options.

My only guess is you'd have to start over with another drug test and such as I'm guessing it will be well over the 30-day mark by the time you return.

That's only speculation.

Call ASAP Tuesday.

And again I'm sorry for your lost.

Keep us updated.

My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your Dad.

This is a time for family and tying up all the matters that suddenly appear when things like this happen. The most important thing now is to not panic and support those who are in need.

Here are a few things you should begin to do aside from the obvious family matters:

Yes, as already posted by Acela Express:

- get in touch with MTA's EMP Center Tuesday morning. It may not be possible but a visit there would be good to consider, but under the circumstances if all you can do is call, then so be it!

- Begin to accumulate paper work (Death Certificate, Funeral dates, Travel etc...) Compile a folder and have it ready for needed info you may have to provide.

- Get names and phone #'s of everyone you speak to at MTA, to make it easier to pick up where you left off.

Stay strong and focused, it should all work out.

All the best!

I am Sorry for your loss but your 49years old not 22 so I'm not being rude or disrespectful but you got to get a grip and stay focused for your family.

My mom passed away when I was 19 and I had to grow up over night so that meant choosing the right Path and leaving the rest behind till I was able to get back to basics .....I think you could re-list and they will call you again down the road but I'm not 100 on that so you may want to call to double check on that but again I'm sorry to hear about your Father .

i took my drug test almost 2 weeks ago still waiting for a call this friday my dad passed away i have to do so many things to help my mom out and go to florida for a month or more what do i do when they call me down for medical.i want the job but cant take the postion at the moment.in a few months i can will they hire me again.i will have his death certificate wondering if i tell them what just happened will they just tell me that i will take drug test again and just have to reinstate my list # please help me so upset with my dad passing away.

Sorry to hear that. My Dad died last summer (July 2010)so i know what you going through.

Wish you the best in your recovery period.

Hello sealteam.

I wish I had good advice for you bro but I dont. However, you are definately doing the right thing for your mother. She most definately needs your help. My dad passed away August 2010 and I couldnt be there physically for her and my brother because shes very far away outside this country and I had so many things on my plate just to survive. Good luck, this will work out for you one way or the other.

Hello, sealteam1962.

I wanted to say I am sorry you lost your father.

My grandma passed away few years ago (she did not come to USA) when America was celebrated I think it was Memorial Day.), and my grandpa I did not know passed away as well.

My friend`s mom named Yuki also passed away in Japan long time ago.

sorry to hear that. all the best to you and yours.

as for dealing with the TA...call the number they gave you. They can't help you or work with you if they don't know what's going on. Explain your situation and ask them for what your options are. They can tell you a lot of things that people here can't. But they can't help you if they don't know what's going on.

I am Sorry for your loss but your 49years old not 22 so I'm not being rude or disrespectful but you got to get a grip and stay focused for your family.

My mom passed away when I was 19 and I had to grow up over night so that meant choosing the right Path and leaving the rest behind till I was able to get back to basics .....I think you could re-list and they will call you again down the road but I'm not 100 on that so you may want to call to double check on that but again I'm sorry to hear about your Father .

It's that the timing of this is bad for him. He is trying to get back into

transit after a long 3 years and now this happens. While I don't think

they will reach his list number for the next couple of classes he needs

to settle the affairs of his dad's estate. This can take awhile and being

out of state makes matters more complicated. Executing the will, etc.

You and I both lost one of our parents at a young age, I lost my mom at 13.

But regardless of how old a person is they still feel the pain and sadness.

You didn't have to go there even though I know where you are

coming from.

Kevin, I hope it all works out for you, don't forget that your number will

come up for conductor sometime next year, you have that as a back up.

It's that the timing of this is bad for him. He is trying to get back into

transit after a long 3 years and now this happens. While I don't think

they will reach his list number for the next couple of classes he needs

to settle the affairs of his dad's estate. This can take awhile and being

out of state makes matters more complicated. Executing the will, etc.

You and I both lost one of our parents at a young age, I lost my mom at 13.

But regardless of how old a person is they still feel the pain and sadness.

You didn't have to go there even though I know where you are

coming from.

Kevin, I hope it all works out for you, don't forget that your number will

come up for conductor sometime next year, you have that as a back up.

I did have to go there cause he's 49 and I was 19 and you was 13 so don't tell me what to say cause I needed this Motivation when it happened to me or else I would of been crying over and over and not taking care of crucial decisions when the time came.

I do feel bad of course I do but if he doesn't get up now and face this problem then he might get screwed in both directions....That's why we have Family ....To help us in need so again don't tell me ...LET HIM tell me....if you read ....He even thanked me so that's all

Sealteam sorry to hear, when it rains it pours. Keep yoor mind focused and make your old man proud by getting back with the TA. Don't fall for traps like this idiot SHORTLINE BUS creating a thread for you because you lost your pops. he's just an attention whore. Do what you gotta do and let the people at 180 know whats up so when that time comes you don't get jamed up. Keep your head up :tup:

Sealteam sorry to hear, when it rains it pours. Keep yoor mind focused and make your old man proud by getting back with the TA. Don't fall for traps like this idiot SHORTLINE BUS creating a thread for you because you lost your pops. he's just an attention whore. Do what you gotta do and let the people at 180 know whats up so when that time comes you don't get jamed up. Keep your head up :tup:

Becareful he may call you Rude...

i called today no answer 12 times now i have his wake weds burial thurs i tried but i seen other posts i took my drug test its 2 weeks now if they dont call me in 30 days which i dont think they will from some people that had this issue whats happens if i dont get a call or never got it.ill be gone for 6 weeks do i just go there and say what i said and just take it over drug test and reinstate my list number im confused

:confused:

Sealteam 1962,

Do not rely on emails, phone calls and voice messages being acted upon when dealing with such a critical situation regarding your employment. Re-read my earlier post # 3. At your earliest convenience get yourself down there with the folder of paperwork that I mentioned with dates, Death Certificate etc...and everything I mentioned that you should compile.

Trials makes you stronger.

All the best!

Sealteam 1962,

Do not rely on emails, phone calls and voice messages being acted upon when dealing with such a critical situation regarding your employment. Re-read my earlier post # 3. At your earliest convenience get yourself down there with the folder of paperwork that I mentioned with dates, Death Certificate etc...and everything I mentioned that you should compile.

Trials makes you stronger.

All the best!

before i had the wake for dad but also so concerned about my upcomping job thank you for your advice i wont post no more about this anyone that reads this and haves this issue can learn life is short take care guys

Archived