New Flyer XD40 Discussion

East New York

i really hope new flyer wins this bt&e prog.

these buses are not just sexy & sleek but ride excellent. & imo they doing pretty good on the b6 which is such a busy route at any time of the day

XD40s are "Sexy" and "I know it"! B):o

The Xcelsior look better on the B6, and B64! :tup:

They should win the bt&e programs!! :cool:

I think the (MTA) will prefer the 3Gs more than those because those buses have been stuck on kneeling and motion... B)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XD40s are "Sexy" and "I know it"! ;):P

The Xcelsior look better on the B6, and B64! :tup:

They should win the bt&e programs!! :cool:

I think the (MTA) will prefer the 3Gs more than those because those buses have been stuck on kneeling and motion... :(

sexyy ass , but i knoww that may cause it to lose over the 3Gs but knowing the mta they may still do something.

too many orions in nyc that last order of NGs did it for the next five order imo.

Diversity MTA please!

sexyy ass , but i knoww that may cause it to lose over the 3Gs but knowing the mta they may still do something.

too many orions in nyc that last order of NGs did it for the next five order imo.

Diversity MTA please!

I am done with Orion buses! I'm not saying that they're bad, but I agree with you that there are too many of their buses. It's like ordering every 4 months!

The (MTA) should order more New Flyer buses since we only have two identical CNGs, articulated diesel, and Xcelsior diesel! Maybe Novabus with Hybrids.

I think the (MTA) should order LFS Hybrids. They could be smoother than ZF transmission! They can have great performance and sounds! :P

I am done with Orion buses! I'm not saying that they're bad, but I agree with you that there are too many of their buses. It's like ordering every 4 months!

The (MTA) should order more New Flyer buses since we only have two identical CNGs, articulated diesel, and Xcelsior diesel! Maybe Novabus with Hybrids.

I think the (MTA) should order LFS Hybrids. They could be smoother than ZF transmission! They can have great performance and sounds! :P

IIRC less diversity will make the fleet easier to maintain. If I were you I'd expect more Xcelsiors since those are like the only New Flyers available, but I could be wrong.

Out of the current test fleet I'm hearing the XD40s aren't the best of the three, they'll require some more tweaking if they're to be considered... If anything the LFS and the Orion 3Gs have the better chance in this program sadly

well ive concluded that orion has won simply because there have been no complain i believe about this bus while the xd40's had all that "tweaking" that has to be done & the lfs space issue and hvac.

well ive concluded that orion has won simply because there have been no complain i believe about this bus while the xd40's had all that "tweaking" that has to be done & the lfs space issue and hvac.

The "space issue" really isn't an issue, the Orion VII's arrangement is MUCH WORSE than the LFSs. Plus, we have LFS Artics with the same seating arrangement.

Out of the current test fleet I'm hearing the XD40s aren't the best of the three, they'll require some more tweaking if they're to be considered... If anything the LFS and the Orion 3Gs have the better chance in this program sadly

I'd say 3G has a better chance to win!

Well so far when I've rode the Orion VII Third Generation 6 times, no one has complaint about this bus so far. I have something negative about that bus, but it's not a big deal.

They ARE ordering the DE60LFR's. Did you forget those are part of this program?

Oh, I meant the CNG Restlyed! My bad! :P

The "space issue" really isn't an issue, the Orion VII's arrangement is MUCH WORSE than the LFSs. Plus, we have LFS Artics with the same seating arrangement.

I dislike the back seating arrangement on the Orion VIIs. NG CNG and 3G diesel has a third row that does high, and OG CNG and OG Hybrids has a seating arrangement that only faces windows (I forgot what the specific name of the seating arrangement is)!

This is my persuasion to the (MTA) New York City Bus BT&E Program! I included everything in there! If I lose, then I give up! Some of the sentences are not well said!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you tired of test buses that looks similar to the other ones you had? Do you care about your customers? We'll you must, because we've got a bus that will fit for the customers! There are three test buses for the BT&E program. In my opinion, I think the New Flyer XD40 should win! It's set for passenger comfort and fuel economy! The New Flyer XD40 is a perfect example for comfort, fuel, and more!

There are ways why the XD40s should win. My first support is better performance and more passenger comfort. Who would want passenger complaining that the bus is uncomfortable? No one does! The XD40 has an Allison Transmission which offers smoother rides than the ZF! The seats are designed for back support and helps people sitting the right way. My second support is the interior lighting and HVAC. We really don't want passengers to be too cold or too hot. The XD40 is one example of a bus with efficient Heating and Air Conditioning! The last reason is that buses are economic friendly, and the bus reduces noise. No passengers wants to hear the sounds too loud! It's not good for their ears!

Contrasting the XD40s and the 3G, the XD40s has better setting off behavior than the 3Gs. The 3G's acceleration runs fast or should I say, "jerks"! Passengers might not like faster acceleration. The 3Gs seats are making noise too much and has scratches on them. The 3Gs have more room on low floors then high floors. The seating arrangement at the back is not really good to me. Although it does make more seats, it's still bad.

Contrasting the XD40s and the LFS, the XD40s has better standing space than the LFS! The front of the LFS takes lots of damn space. The XD40s has more seats than the LFS. The XD40 has 35 seats while LFS has 33 seats. The XD40s performs better than the LFS. It make passengers comfortable, and it stops a lot of complaining. The LFS gliders door on the rear is a bad, because the doors close on exiting passengers sometimes! Its not good for them! They can get hurt and such!

There may be issues about the New Flyer XD40s. Buses usually get stuck while moving. It's not a bad problem unless if you restart the bus or call a tow truck! I'm afraid that someone bad won't happen! dmouse said that XD40 #4830 has been stuck while kneeling and that the bus needs to be restarted in order to be in service again! Yes, it will delay the service, but most passenger have the patience to wait! Some people may be late for work because of that, but they can remind the bus operator about it so they may not cause trouble!

The New Flyer XD40s is one best looking bus out of all the BT&E buses! I mean look at it! I don't care what anyone said, it's still the best bus! I definitely approve the XD40! The (MTA) should agree with me! Lets see if the (MTA) wanted those buses for the customers. Make them more impressed with more XD40s, you get a better chance of living whether you want it, or not!

This is my persuasion to the (MTA) New York City Bus BT&E Program! If I lose, then I give up! Some of the sentences are not well said!

Are you tired of test buses that looks similar to the other ones you had? Do you care about your customers? We'll you must, because we've got a bus that will fit for the customers! There are three test buses for the BT&E program. In my opinion, I think the New Flyer XD40 should win! It's set for passenger comfort and fuel economy! The New Flyer XD40 is a perfect example for the comfort, fuel, and more!

There are ways why the XD40s should win. My first support is better performance and more passenger comfort. Who would want passenger complaining that the bus is uncomfortable? No one does! The XD40 has an Allison Transmission which offers smoother rides than the ZF! The seats are designed for back support and helps people sitting the right way. My second support is the interior lighting and HVAC. We really don't want passengers to be too cold or too hot. The XD40 is one example of a bus with efficient Heating and Air Conditioning! The last reason is that buses are economic friendly, an the bus reduces noise. No passengers wants to hear the sounds too loud! It's not good for their ears!

Contrasting the XD40s and the 3G, the XD40s has better setting off behavior than the 3Gs. The 3G's acceleration runs fast or should I say, "jerks"! Passengers might not like faster acceleration. The 3Gs seats are making noise too much and has scratches on them. The 3Gs have more room on low floors then high floors. The seating arrangement at the back is not really good to me. Although it does make more seats, it's still bad.

Contrasting the XD40s and the LFS, the XD40s has better standing space than the LFS! The front of the LFS takes lots of damn space. The XD40s has more seats than the LFS. The XD40 has 35 seats while LFS has 33 seats. The XD40s performs better than the LFS. It make passengers comfortable, and it stops a lot of complaining. The LFS gliders door on the rear is a bad, because the doors close on exiting passengers sometimes! Its not good for them! They can get hurt and such!

There may be issues about the New Flyer XD40s. Buses usually get stuck while moving. It's not a bad problem unless if you restart the bus or call a tow truck! I'm afraid that someone bad won't happen! dmouse said that XD40 #4830 has been stuck while kneeling and that the bus needs to be restarted in order to be in service again! Yes, it will delay the service, but most passenger have the patience to wait! Some people may be late for work because of that, but they can remind the bus operator about it so they may not cause trouble!

The New Flyer XD40s is one best looking bus out of all the BT&E buses! I don't care what anyone said, it's still the best bus! I definitely approve the XD40! The (MTA) should agree with me! Lets see if the (MTA) wanted those buses for the customers. Make them more impressed with more XD40s, you get a better chance of living whether you want it, or not!

AMAZING SPEECH!!! AND YES I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID TOO THE FULLEST!!:):):):tup::tup::tup:

This is my persuasion to the (MTA) New York City Bus BT&E Program! I included everything in there! If I lose, then I give up! Some of the sentences are not well said!

Are you tired of test buses that looks similar to the other ones you had? Do you care about your customers? We'll you must, because we've got a bus that will fit for the customers! There are three test buses for the BT&E program. In my opinion, I think the New Flyer XD40 should win! It's set for passenger comfort and fuel economy! The New Flyer XD40 is a perfect example for comfort, fuel, and more!

There are ways why the XD40s should win. My first support is better performance and more passenger comfort. Who would want passenger complaining that the bus is uncomfortable? No one does! The XD40 has an Allison Transmission which offers smoother rides than the ZF! The seats are designed for back support and helps people sitting the right way. My second support is the interior lighting and HVAC. We really don't want passengers to be too cold or too hot. The XD40 is one example of a bus with efficient Heating and Air Conditioning! The last reason is that buses are economic friendly, and the bus reduces noise. No passengers wants to hear the sounds too loud! It's not good for their ears!

The New Flyer XD40s is one best looking bus out of all the BT&E buses! I mean look at it! I don't care what anyone said, it's still the best bus! I definitely approve the XD40! The (MTA) should agree with me! Lets see if the (MTA) wanted those buses for the customers. Make them more impressed with more XD40s, you get a better chance of living whether you want it, or not!

This wins my vote!

It would make my life if TA can accept the XD40 for "the big replacement". This was very well said. :tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

I honestly don't think that anyone is going to "win" in this thing. It's a test program, not a contest.

well if its a test...and there evaluating...obviously someone has to do better...

which means one out of the 3 will do better...

and that means that bus model will "win" based on the 3 soo i think its called winning...

well if its a test...and there evaluating...obviously someone has to do better...

which means one out of the 3 will do better...

and that means that bus model will "win" based on the 3 soo i think its called winning...

That doesn't mean that one opposition is going to "win" per-say, never say never with the MTA since they could order more of one of these products....plus we got the Prevosts here and other test buses coming so its not a contest of sorts.

That doesn't mean that one opposition is going to "win" per-say, never say never with the MTA since they could order more of one of these products....plus we got the Prevosts here and other test buses coming so its not a contest of sorts.

In a way this really is a contest. However, you are right as the MTA could do anything when it's done. the question is when will it be done? With Millennium rumored to be working on 2 additional models to enter, this thing (which started in 2007) could run through the middle of this decade.

At the end of the BTE tests, the TA will evaluate all the data and use it for future procurements. This also includes all sub-systems and components which include among other things, seating, destination signs, HVAC systems and power trains.

There are xd40s sitting at castleton yet they are very much MIA from service.. are they having problems with them or still training?

Unsure, I walked by the depot today and only saw 4887, 4888 and 4873. 4888 was parked by the door, 87 all the way in the back and 73 was parked between a few MCIs.

Unsure, I walked by the depot today and only saw 4887, 4888 and 4873. 4888 was parked by the door, 87 all the way in the back and 73 was parked between a few MCIs.

Earlier this week, there was a bunch sitting in the yard during the middle of rush hour.

Yesterday, I caught 4875 on the S53.

Still haven't seen one yet, the Orion 3Gs on the other hand spread out across SI pretty fast after they were delivered.

Archived