R179 Questions

CHItransitFan88

Ok so from what I've read the R179's will first and formost replace all the R42 on the (J) and (Z) Correct?

Heres where my understanding get a little hazy I've seen conflicting info saying that the R32's will also be replaced with this order but yet I've also read that they are being SMSed to last untill 2017.

If the info about the 32's being SMSed is true then is it safe to asume that some R46's will be retired/ banished to the SIR first?

Could we make the argument that it would make the most sense for the (B) and the (F) to get the remaining 179's to Make the (F) 100% NTT and to insure that the remaining 179's arn't run into the ground by 24/7 service and to also fix the slowness of the brighton line.

Lines with Displaced/Retired R46's will receive R68's from the (B).

Thoughts?

The order of R179's should be able to knock out most of the R32's and R42's. But they could swap the fleet with other line. As I'm hearing R179's could hit the (D) and the (A) lines. It won't touch Jamaica Yard cause they have MORE then enough cars for the (F), (R), and (E) lines.

The order of R179's should be able to knock out most of the R32's and R42's. But they could swap the fleet with other line. As I'm hearing R179's could hit the (D) and the (A) lines. It won't touch Jamaica Yard cause they have MORE then enough cars for the (F), (R), and (E) lines.

And lets see.. The ©s gonna get the old as always? R46?

And lets see.. The ©s gonna get the old as always? R46?

If you think about it the (C) line is the "Death line" along with the (A). Any fleet that touched it retired shortly after..

R10's

R27's

R30's

R38's

R40's

R44's

and the R110B's lol

so if it goes on the (A) or (C) it will die VERY soon lol

OMFG Can we Just Wait Until These Trains Come In the (MTA) didn't even Make the Order Yet, And They Are Mainly for the (A)/© lines Thats in B&W but Mainly for the (A) and they won't come On Property until 2015 or 16 and the the last one should be here around 2017 or 2018, Thats the Whole Point Of the R32's getting an SMS plus most of the R32's will not be scraped after retirement, I hope the MTA is Smart Enough to Keep Half of them for Work Service and School Cars from my understanding the TA is gonna scrap an R30 (gel train i heard that from someone so I'm guessing an R32 would replace that (one of the dead ones in storage) but anyway Just Wait for these cars to come

and whoever said that these cars would go to the (D), It is likely I heard that also, but I doubt it, the (A) needs most of them and the (C) about 1/4th of them

ANYWAYS

Can WE CLOSE THIS DAMN THREAD PLEASE!!!

See what i mean...^^ this threads gonna die...

If you think about it the (C) line is the "Death line" along with the (A). Any fleet that touched it retired shortly after..

R10's

R27's

R30's

R38's

R40's

R44's

and the R110B's lol

so if it goes on the (A) or (C) it will die VERY soon lol

heh, the (C) wont see NTTs until the entire system is NTT.. I bet the first NTT could be the R143/R160 which its ready to retiree lmfaoo.. But toooo early to tell.

OMFG Can we Just Wait Until These Trains Come In the (MTA) didn't even Make the Order Yet, And They Are Mainly for the (A)/© lines Thats in B&W but Mainly for the (A) and they won't come On Property until 2015 or 16 and the the last one should be here around 2017 or 2018, Thats the Whole Point Of the R32's getting an SMS plus most of the R32's will not be scraped after retirement, I hope the MTA is Smart Enough to Keep Half of them for Work Service and School Cars from my understanding the TA is gonna scrap an R30 (gel train i heard that from someone so I'm guessing an R32 would replace that (one of the dead ones in storage) but anyway Just Wait for these cars to come

and whoever said that these cars would go to the (D), It is likely I heard that also, but I doubt it, the (A) needs most of them and the (C) about 1/4th of them

ANYWAYS

Can WE CLOSE THIS DAMN THREAD PLEASE!!!

Plans are for Jamaica Yard along with the A and J lines to get R179's since QBL is going to be CBTC

so much of what you call "foam" over 2 sentences.

NYC Transit plans $1.039 billion for subway railcar investments, including:

- 340 replacement railcars for the B Division

What's going to happen is sending over those R179's to Jamaica Yard and (A) line will push all the R46's to the (C) and that's how the R32's will retire

Plans are for Jamaica Yard along with the A and J lines to get R179's since QBL is going to be CBTC

That I heard, so I wouldn't be surprised if Jamaica got these trains but them (A) riders will fight for New trains, The (A) Needs New Equipment NOW, Its sad that when the R32's hit the (A) line they did WAY better than them damn R46's since the R46's always break down, Now Im starting to think those R46's belong on the (C) more, They run about 5-7 sets of R32's during the overnight hours, they run the R46's to death, I hate to say this but The R44's ran much better on the (A) than these R46's, They should have kept these R46's at Jamaica or sent them to Coney Island, I hope the (A) gets these R179's Its not fair that all these other lines get Newer trains while the (A)/© suffers thats my input on it

What's going to happen is sending over those R179's to Jamaica Yard and (A) line will push all the R46's to the (C) and that's how the R32's will retire

didnt you just say "The order of R179's should be able to knock out most of the R32's and R42's. But they could swap the fleet with other line. As I'm hearing R179's could hit the and the lines. It won't touch Jamaica Yard cause they have MORE then enough cars for the (E)(F) and (R) lines."

didnt you just say "The order of R179's should be able to knock out most of the R32's and R42's. But they could swap the fleet with other line. As I'm hearing R179's could hit the and the lines. It won't touch Jamaica Yard cause they have MORE then enough cars for the (E)(F) and (R) lines."

Well it will sending the R179's to Jamaica and the (A) line will send R46's to the (C) and knock out all the R32's in service

even a broken clock is right twice a day.

same with the buffs here and their "rumors" and "opinions"

also just cuz someone "thinks" they hear something at ERA or UTC or one of those other foamer circlejerk clubs doesn't make it fact...and it doesn't mean they're automatically "right" even if it comes true...

Archived