Daimler Orion VII E10 "3G" Discussion

East New York

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just being one of the as$holes who opens the side window all the way, I'm liking the OGs more and more as the fleet starts to lose that open-window potential. The top windows are easy to open but MHV will frequently screw them shut, so you can all join the sauna / ice box together...

I can't stand when people open the windows when its 95 degrees and the air is on. That annoys the heck out of me!

So many times I have heard drivers ask people to close them. Overall, its just that MTA doesn't want them opened.

The new test buses are set to begin delivery this month. 7000, and 7001 have made their way to the region, with there sisters scheduled to follow right behind. If the current delivery schedule remains the same, the buses will complete their test phase between December 2012 and February 2013.

I'm being told 7000-7009 are completed, possibly more. Additional buses will be delivered via the NJ service center soon. 7002 should be on the property witin the next week or so.

EDIT: Delivery scheduled to be complete by years end as originally expected.

Im curious as to why we didnt opt to have 15 with the Allison B400R... Seemed like an Orion standard, or something like TTC did.

ZF is the standard option on Orion buses.

That's just the front...what about the back. Wouldn't they think if the front gets crowded ppl will eventually more the back to stand up if there is room!

For some reason, no one likes to stand up there, and if they did the same in the back they would loose 3 more seats.

For some reason, no one likes to stand up there, and if they did the same in the back they would loose 3 more seats.

Thats the same thing I've been preaching for the longest, people dont like standing at the rear section. However, in S.I, people use that rear section.

Lol...I remember I got on an Orion 7 on the S53 at Clove/Victory heading to Brooklyn earlier this year and the entire front sections was full...the worst thing is, the back had some room, it even had a seat or two but no one wanted to move. A few stops after I got on I asked the driver to stop at the next stop, and sure enough he did. I opened the back door and went into the back, and what do you know...ROOM!!! Even a seat!

People are just that damn stubborn.

It may be because bigger people tend to sit in the back of the bus. They tend to have bigger feet and longer legs so, there isn't much floor space. You kinda have to concentrate on not stepping on someone's foot. I still make it a point to stand up there when the bus is crowded, though.

True although I'm pretty much average height and I haven't sat in the front of the bus in months, only do that on RTSes just cause I feel like the low-floor section is for the elderly. One thing for sure, where I am, back of the bus is exclusively under 50, never see a senior in the back in Manhattan (although I see that in Flatbush all the time).

Yeah, the elderly don't even make it all the way back there, so once seated, you pretty much have a seat for the rest of your ride.

Archived