400 is in trouble

mfs NJT459

NBC 10 Philadelphia reported that two NJT drivers on the 400 line were robbed, and the garage is doing NOTHING about it. One driver was interviewed with his face digitized and his voice made deep. This is worse than having more MCIs on the line.

I won't be surprised if they made more buses bypass camden do u think 400x will become all day at the local's expense???

Now I know why they put NABIs on the line. How sad. NJT needs more cops on buses or better protection on the buses.

"Probably the craziest part about this whole thing is that I remember a thread being made about this just a couple of months ago. Everyone saw it coming, it was just a matter of when. Any bus that goes thru Camden (most dangerous city in the U.S.) should be exact fare..even MCI's lol"

Well the driver didnt get killed. So yeah njt is going to do NOTHING. In fact I wouldnt be surprised the driver was held responsable for being robbed.

"Why was your money out in the open"

"Why wasnt you watchting your money"

The idea of adding more 400Xs is great but it isnt going to solve a damn thing. I hate to say it but njt needs a driver or drivers killed for them to do something because if not fareboxes wont make there way to every route.

Alot of robberies dont end up in the media. So there are way more then what you people hear. If any money is missing you must report it. These drivers went to the media because they feel the same way I do as well as any other njt driver.

NJT needs fareboxes because this SHIT doesnt make any sense of how njt is acting. They dont care. They really dont. This is why so many drivers are arrogant because you have to show no fear. Im the same way im nice but dont try dont and act like a big bad guy tords me.

I already said it, nothing is going to be done until a driver or drivers are killed.

I'm hearing rumors now that NJT will in fact put fare boxes on the 400 and 403. Do the Neoplan Artics already have fare boxes?

Even if that happens its still not going to take drivers out of the heet on the full the service routes. If fareboxes go on the 400 and 403 they have to go on every nabi Washington Twp has. Those two routes should have been exact fare from the gates with the high volume of people that rides em.

I dont know how they going to do it because of the D4000s showing up on the 400 & 403 due to the crowd issues. There are as many as 6 D4000s on the 400 a day.

I dont want to be anywhere near that debacle going on at Washington Twp.

I think most likely they'll just put the fare boxes on the nabi's. In case ya haven't noticed that's y Hilton uses fare boxes on the 107 & 108 bc if they didnt have the fare boxes on those 2 lines the drivers would b getting robbed everyday. Also does Washington Twp & Newton Ave's Nova's have fare boxes.

I wonder if the 459 and 463 will be exact fare lines also??? Although those routes run in the suburbs the 459 is also pretty busy especially during the school season for the Camden County College riders. The same NABIs are used on those routes as the 400 and 403 (5323-5365). I think its a good idea, those two routes are very heavy volume lines that run through the city of Camden. I guess what that means is that there won't be anymore MCI D4000s on the 400 and 403. I can't see them putting the fareboxes on the MCI D4000s. They need to consider exact faring the 406 also, the 406 runs through East Camden, another hard ghetto area. In fact the 406 would be the only full service route through East Camden since the 404, 405 and 407 were converted a couple of years back.

It does make sense to have them as exact fare lines the Newton Avenue routes which also serve Camden are most exactly fare except for the 317 and 409/417/418.

Exact fare means you must have EXACT FARE lol. So if your fare is $2.80 you need the exact amount but if you have a $5 bill and put it into the farebox dont expect your change.

a small inconveinance but it really does increase the safety of operators. Operating with tons of cash in the open ain't something I would do

Today I saw several NABIs on the 403 with covered-up fareboxes on them, that means that the "Full Service " fare policy was gonna end soon, but I heard later that the new policy will go into effect on 9/19/11 which is NEXT MONDAY!!!!!!!!

I wonder how NJT will tell the passengers of these two lines of the new policy.

Now It means that you may not see MCI's interlined with other 4xx series routes out of Wash. Twp. on the 400 especially.

What's gonna happen to the 459/463, will they join the exact fare route soon?

Will we see some NABI transits out of the Washington Twp. Garage [59xx/60xx]?

Today I saw several NABIs on the 403 with covered-up fareboxes on them, that means that the "Full Service " fare policy was gonna end soon, but I heard later that the new policy will go into effect on 9/19/11 which is NEXT MONDAY!!!!!!!!

I wonder how NJT will tell the passengers of these two lines of the new policy.

Now It means that you may not see MCI's interlined with other 4xx series routes out of Wash. Twp. on the 400 especially.

What's gonna happen to the 459/463, will they join the exact fare route soon?

Will we see some NABI transits out of the Washington Twp. Garage [59xx/60xx]?

it gets better... 400, 403, 459, and 463 are the only Washington Twp. routes will have fareboxes. NABIs that were originally being delivered to Egg Harbor will now go to Washington Twp. Some MCI buses will be moved to Egg Harbor.

ALL? The NJT site only has notices for 400, 403, 459, 463.

Thats what I heard this morn. I had a felling it was limited to the 400 & 403. They didnt say that from what I heard when I started my shift. Washington Twp cant give up too many MCIs because of the 401 402 406 408 410 412 and if that happens that means most of they routes will have nabis.

Thats what I heard this morn. I had a felling it was limited to the 400 & 403. They didnt say that from what I heard when I started my shift. Washington Twp cant give up too many MCIs because of the 401 402 406 408 410 412 and if that happens that means most of they routes will have nabis.

Well, does it appear to be very difficult/lengthy to equip MCI's with fareboxes? Just because the routes are listed may just mean they are expedited and that other routes will get exact fare a while after fareboxes are in.

Archived