Somerset NJ to Brooklyn

nagme999

"I think it'd be easier to just drive. The nearest rail station to you is New Brunswick, I believe. And even still, you'd have to ride the NJT train for like an hour from there to NY Penn Station, then take the subway. That's a lot of work, time and money IMO. But if you drive, you can just take the turnpike north, until you get to Elizabeth, then take the Goethals bridge to Staten Island, and take 278 straight to Brooklyn via the Verrazanno.

Does anyone know what option would be quicker if commuting from Somerset, NJ to Brooklyn ? Taking the train, or driving and what directions would you give if driving? B)

forget about the train... NJT only takes you to Manhattan (penn station)... and just gettin from NY penn sta. to downtown brooklyn alone can take 1/2 hour....

I'm goin by Mixxdiddy's comment about somerset being close to new brunswick (b/c I don't know where somerset is, to be honest)..... So, since you drive, yeah, all you gotta do is just make your way to the turnpike, drive through staten island, and on into brooklyn....

the turnpike is I95, and the SI expwy is I278....

Archived