Terror Threat Against New York and Washington

R68 Subway Car

Everything that you do in life involves risk, I am going into the city

on Sunday as usual, will be in the UES, but in no way shape or form

am I going to stay home because of some "unconfirmed threat." MAN UP!

Hey not just terror attacks. Fact is you have a much better chance (hope it does not happen to any of us:eek:)of dying in an auto/bus crash accident or random gun shooting for example than being killed in a terror incident.

For those believers like myself all you can do is pray and just live life as much 'normal' as possible. So Locomotion great advice.:tup:

And back to topic. This is not a shock as i am sure every crackpot from legit global terror groups like Al-Queda to patheic lone 'Osama-wanna be's', will be making threats on this sad, tragic and infamous anniversary.

Wouldn't the terrorist want to catch the U.S off guard? Why would they hint they gonna do something before hand? I don't think the terrorists are that stupid lol, unless one of the terrorist people is linking the U.S info...

TBH I don't think nothing will happen, the days before 9/11 I don't recall such a news headline coming out like this one.

welp there goes september's railfanning plans...

When you read that story was that the only thing you thought about? No fanning? Sorry, but I gotta ask you. People's lives might be at risk and you are only caring about the fact that you can't railfan? :eek: I'm not trying to start anything here, its just a question that I wonder about......

Anyways I still went about my normal business. However, on the trains I got on before and after work, I made sure to look around for bags, people looking like they have something to do in private, cars parked in unusual ways and I looked for cars parked illegally. With the 10th anniversery of 9/11, if Al-Qaeda does strike, it would be an enormous victory for them.

Remain vigilant as always my fellow NYers

I'm not going to live in fear. This is what the terrorists want. They want us to fear them. By showing that we fear them they would declare their victory on us. So we can't show fear.

I think that what the NY Gov is trying to do, got scared so they can get more federal funding from D.C to full there pockets lol.

When you read that story was that the only thing you thought about? No fanning? Sorry, but I gotta ask you. People's lives might be at risk and you are only caring about the fact that you can't railfan? :eek: I'm not trying to start anything here, its just a question that I wonder about......

Anyways I still went about my normal business. However, on the trains I got on before and after work, I made sure to look around for bags, people looking like they have something to do in private, cars parked in unusual ways and I looked for cars parked illegally. With the 10th anniversery of 9/11, if Al-Qaeda does strike, it would be an enormous victory for them.

Remain vigilant as always my fellow NYers

you're more likely to die from a drunk driver running you over or crashing into your car than you are from some 'terrorist' blowing up something. Frankly I'm tired of the fear game. Its just the red scare 2.0. Same crap different bogeyman. I'm tired of being told my hobby is no good because of some perceived security risk, its not like you cant google and find tons of photos of the same trains online already. So yea I cant wait till its all blown over and I can go back to doing what I love, riding the rails and photographing trains.

If you love railfanning, then just keep going at it. I never said I hated railfanning, or I though photography on MTA property was a security risk. Reread my first paragraph.

I watched Mayor Bloomberg's press conference Thursday night. Friday morning, did me, or thousands of others call their bosses to say "I'm not coming in today because I am scared my train is going to be blown up."? No. We just went about our normal business. Why don't you go about your own thing as if all was normal??

This terrorist threat will NEVER blow over. We are always going to be threatened. You haven't noticed that yet? New York City will always be a terrorist target, the subway would be a terrorist target and that will never change unless you get cops on board every single car of every single train, and even that might not solve the issue.

Live your life people its the world we live in; deal with it.

Whoever said so much for railfanning your crazy. Dont let an unconfirmed terror plot scare the living daylight out of you.

Terror plots are going to be around us until the day we all die and if you cant deal with then youll never be able to do what you should be doing. You think all these people flying on planes are worried about it? Yes they are but its not stopping them from doing what they need to get done.

If something happens we just have to deal with it and move on the same way we did with 9/11. There is no sense in living in fear because I sure as hell aint.

Not for nothing, but didnt these threats come like...every anniversary....and didnt they say it was "credible" each and every time?? Man, I'm just gonna live with my life the way I do. 553 & Locomotion69 pretty much said everything I wanted to type...This really isnt news to me because we get these "threats" almost every year....

Not for nothing, but didnt these threats come like...every anniversary....and didnt they say it was "credible" each and every time?? Man, I'm just gonna live with my life the way I do. 553 & Locomotion69 pretty much said everything I wanted to type...This really isnt news to me because we get these "threats" almost every year....

Exactly. This "credible" threat is a giant crock of shit. Terrorists are not 5 years old. No one is going to attack the same god damn city exactly 10 years after they've done it before. That's too predictable, and much more difficult than it was 10 years ago. People are just making a big fuss out of it because it's the 10th anniversary because that apparently has some significance on a terrorist's bombing intentions.

I love how they spruced the article up by saying that "unnamed sources" supplied much of the info and that "the source was credible in the past." If this happens every damn 9/11 anniversary, their info doesn't really add anything. It just so happens it's the 10th anniversary. I do love how it's ruined this decade for me and generations to follow.

Exactly. This "credible" threat is a giant crock of shit. Terrorists are not 5 years old. No one is going to attack the same god damn city exactly 10 years after they've done it before. That's too predictable, and much more difficult than it was 10 years ago. People are just making a big fuss out of it because it's the 10th anniversary because that apparently has some significance on a terrorist's bombing intentions.

Hmmm...is that the reason why our brave police officers and intelligence officers have thwarted almost SIX plots against Manhattan and the New York region?

I won't fear the terrorist attacks because I believe that you should live you're life to its fullest every day, but you have to understand that threats like these are legitimate and when some people do fear, they have a right to do so.

We don't call threats out of the blue, but we gather information through captured Al-Qaeda members or intelligence that the military or police departments have gathered. It's better to be safe than sorry.

As for the railfanning issue, it is pretty ignorant to mention that railfanning is one of your top priorities on an occasion like this, but if you do get questioned by a cop, just walk away and don't try to pull something stupid. By questioning you, they're doing their job effectively. Just picture yourself in his or her shoes, could that guy taking pictures of the signal box be an innocent person who legitimately has a hobby in railfanning, or is he making the final preparations on an attack that will lead to almost a hundred dead.

Stay safe.

Hmmm...is that the reason why our brave police officers and intelligence officers have thwarted almost SIX plots against Manhattan and the New York region?

I won't fear the terrorist attacks because I believe that you should live you're life to its fullest every day, but you have to understand that threats like these are legitimate and when some people do fear, they have a right to do so.

We don't call threats out of the blue, but we gather information through captured Al-Qaeda members or intelligence that the military or police departments have gathered. It's better to be safe than sorry.

As for the railfanning issue, it is pretty ignorant to mention that railfanning is one of your top priorities on an occasion like this, but if you do get questioned by a cop, just walk away and don't try to pull something stupid. By questioning you, they're doing their job effectively. Just picture yourself in his or her shoes, could that guy taking pictures of the signal box be an innocent person who legitimately has a hobby in railfanning, or is he making the final preparations on an attack that will lead to almost a hundred dead.

Stay safe.

And yes railfanning is my top prority, its what I do when I go to the city. Its a hobby I enjoy doing and I hate seeing it being threatened by overzealous "security" measures. Im on a transit forum after all :P Out of all the ways I could be killed, the chances are its cuz of terrorism is very low.

Oh please, its not as if you can get all the information you would like to know about the subway on google already, and plenty of images of what each station looks like and what all the car types are like. I just see it as an easy way to pick on someone whose different, and there IS a difference between being polite and yelling at someone to put their camera away. They been milking the same security line for 10 years now and I for one am tired of my hobby being demonized.

553 said it.

We, especially in NYC are always under a threat of terror, this is the world we live in and just live your life, if your so scared then never leave your house.

Wasn't there a plot to blow up 34/6 ave station? I still use that station every damn day.

and i've photographed there over the summer :P

Not for nothing, but didnt these threats come like...every anniversary...

.... that's just what I was goin come here & say.....

These yearly threats.... it's like the boy who cried wolf.... People don't get that the idea behind terrorism is to invoke something called.... Terror.... You don't have to blow shit up to instill fear into ppl....

....and with each of these 9/11 threats, you still get a portion of the public all shaken out they boots... The shit's STILL working after 10 years, quite honestly I find it embarrassing.... It's almost like the petrified out there's waitin for some'n to happen, as sick as that sounds..... Let the mayor, etc. worry about securing the city..... Me being part of NYC's public, I'm goin about my everyday life; F' you very much.....

The last thing I worried about yesterday when I went out, was some car bombings, or w/e the hell else constituted those threats....

Archived