Flatbush just lost a bus

Olegkha

8752 is the bus. I passed it early this morning and wondered why a partially stripped bus was on the street and facing the wrong way.

:cry:

Damn, that just sucks all around. Thats gonna get chucked into the scrap heap soon...

Wow... I thought 8752 was retired. I thought the oldest RTS are 8750 & 8756!

8750 is the oldest RTS, 8750 and 51 were built by TMC in 1994 and I think NovaBUS finished fixing it up. 8752 was the first fresh RTSs built by NovaBUS for the MTA.

8752 is the bus. I passed it early this morning and wondered why a partially stripped bus was on the street and facing the wrong way.

That's a shame, I only saw it once in the depot getting serviced since coming from FP? I don't think i ever saw it in person while it was in service. But as stated already, the 5000s are coming back to FB likely cuz of the school semester, so it's not really that big a loss. Imo, it would've sucked if it was a 9600.

I hope it is still there tomorrow, I'll likely try to make a trip past the depot.

And to add to that, this afternoon, while I was on the Q50, I saw 8752 on a big (MTA) tow truck headed to Eastchester on the I-95. The damage was real bad on that bus and you could easily see that there was no way to salvage it. That bus is cooked.

I was wondering why i haven't seen that bus in service.About two weeks ago as i was on the B46 towards Williamsburg i was looking at the yard in flatbush depot and i saw a burned bus. On september 9 around 11:00 i saw the bus on the street facing the wrong way with cracked windows and a missing door.

• 2 years later...

Archived