Rat bites woman at Chambers Street!

R68 Subway Car

I'm surprised how the Daily News didn't profile anything about the disgusting state of the station (Chambers Street)...oh well so much for the (J)(Z) being the best line(s) in the city...I wonder what those guys at the Straphangers were taking when they did those rankings.

The subway rat attack was unusual, the sources said, particularly because the J train platform at the station has a low rodent population. The platforms in the station for the 4, 5, 6 trains, however, are a complete "rat fest," one source said.

LMAO... And what do they classify as a low rodent population??? :confused:

Oh and this is why eating should be BANNED on the subways. Enough with the garbage already! :mad:

I'm surprised how the Daily News didn't profile anything about the disgusting state of the station (Chambers Street)...oh well so much for the (J)(Z) being the best line(s) in the city...I wonder what those guys at the Straphangers were taking when they did those rankings.

They must have been having surprisingly good dreams regarding the (J) line and forgot to check back into reality.

I thought a tile from the roof might fall off and hit somebody at Chambers Street. I never thought a rat would come and bite someone's foot instead. Seriously though the (MTA) has got to take care of it's problems. Yesterday a sharp object from the tracks pierced my hand when a departing (:P train sent it flying at the Broadway-Lafayette Street Station. Seriously they have to, or someone else would really get hurt, and next time it might be even worse then a rat bite, or something sharp piercing my hand.

Where on earth is Tom when you need him?

FlyingSorceress3.jpg

Hell, some of the rats that I see when riding the subway are so big that I don't even think Tom would be willing to take them on...

There was a big @ss rat at the 23rd street station once digging through those black garbage bags and I was on the (6) train. I was actually a bit nervous that he would run onto the train, which is certainly not like me, since I've actually killed a few mice myself, but rats, particularly these big @ss subway rats is another story... :eek:

Oh please... The majority of the folks that ride are slobs, and when you're a slob, you attract rodents... And no, that's not sarcasm, but a little thing called the truth...

That's just elitist right there. Heaven forbid no one uses your express buses but you!

And Jerry is probably chilling under the platform waiting to make Tom shoot himself/make him trip in front of a train/make him fall onto the third rail... there's not much else he can use down there, it's not like they're in someone's house.

lol @ the 'elitist' remark! Yes, indeed. God forbid he had to ride the grimy subways on a daily/weekly basis like the rest of us.

Breathing is what causes those rats to attack those that didn't eat or drink, maybe they don't like it when we enter the system empty handed?

What if Tom has his buddies Butch, Lightning, Topsy, and Meathead will they still be successful?

You probably never saw much of that show, even then Jerry had a mean SOB cousin that could whoop their asses as well. The cats on that show usually end up the losers.

Oh please... The majority of the folks that ride are slobs, and when you're a slob, you attract rodents... And no, that's not sarcasm, but a little thing called the truth...

Oh, come on. I live 650 miles away from New York and know that isn't true.

That's just elitist right there. Heaven forbid no one uses your express buses but you!

Oh please.... There is nothing elitist about it. I'm speaking from experience and I most certainly know that I use the subways way more than you do, that's for sure. Coming from Long Island, you think "Oh cool, I get to ride the subway" and you overlook all of the filth & sh*t left by the passengers and not to mention the skells that are growing in terms of the number of them using the subway cars as their personal places of refuge. Back in the day they used to camp out in the tunnels, but now they just say why bother and just set up shop in the subway cars.

Is the subway system unique? No question about it, but let's not sugarcoat the situation here. As much as I love NYC, the subway system is filthy, as is many parts of the city. Part of it is to be expected because of the big population here, but part it (a big part of it infact) is from folks that are just nasty, and if eating was banned, that right there would lower the amount of trash being left for the rats to be attracted to.

I was born and raised in Brooklyn, and used the subways when they were really in the pits, so don't go giving me this elitist nonsense. I've used every line in the subway in my 29 years, so I know pretty well what I'm talking about and I've also used other subways and trains in other countries for comparison. I doubt you can say the same thing. The truth is the truth. Unfortunately some folks don't like to hear it, but that's what it is. :P

Oh and I don't litter on any public transportation, because I have enough respect for myself and for others to have consideration and not leave a mess for someone else to clean up. :mad: :tdown:

Oh, come on. I live 650 miles away from New York and know that isn't true.

Is that so??? Then I guess you and me need to take a few rides on the subway then. I can certainly think of a few lines with slobs... (D) and (6) trains for starters... :eek:

Archived