Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MetroBusFan3575

Photos: Houston METRO's newest big & para-transit vehicles

I'm back - hopefully!

Anyhoo, here's pics of Houston METRO's newest para-transit (METROLift) vehicle:

NewMETROLiftvanLeftsideview.jpg

NewMETROLiftvanRightsideview.jpg

NewMETROLiftvanRtsideview.jpg

NewMETROLiftvanBackviewwithLEDstopsigninstalled.jpg

Now - without further ado, here'a pics of the newest local bus in the Houston METRO fleet:

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

Enjoy!

Wow, very nice. Not surprised you guys down there got the 3rd Generation Orion VIIs considering from what I read, the last order of the Next Generations was a huge success.

Wow, very nice. Not surprised you guys down there got the 3rd Generation Orion VIIs considering from what I read, the last order of the Next Generations was a huge success.

Yup - the last order WAS a huge success. Even though I'm also not surprised about this current order, I'm surprised that METRO stuck with getting even MORE Orions. Now if I can only ride one of those sneaky buggers.....

FYI, all of them are still active - even bus 3657 - you know - the bus that had that unfortunate meeting with a two-car METRORail train in front of METRO's HQ.

Here's who (the bus garages, of course) is getting what in regards to the 3rd Gens:

Kashmere: 5800-5819

West: 5820-5849

Polk: 5850-5879

Fallbrook: 5880-5899

In case nobody noticed, there's NO rear route # display sign on the back of 5803. That trend started with bus 3657 and it even spilled over to the MCI D4500CTHs we currently have.

very nice dose the interior still the same

I believe so - yes and I will NOT take any pics of the interior of those buses. If and when I do take pics, I'm only interested in the exterior of bus models.

Great shots man! Thanks for sharing! I hear there is another order in the works for you all that Orion hopes to secure as well!

Those 3G's are going to do great down there! I have been on your New Flyers, but not any of the Orions yet.

Don't hesitate to post any other METRO shots you have! Those buses are very well maintained!

Thanks for your comments ENY! I hope what you heard is correct. That way, I can have a better chance at actually riding one of those buggers.

I can get the bid information for you when it is released. I will find out when that is next week. So if i don't post it by next Tuesday, send me a PM to remind me.

Hotness! I like that stop led on the rear.

Get some pics of those D4500CTHs if you can.

I agree 100% with both of those statements!:tup:

Hotness! I like that stop led on the rear.

Get some pics of those D4500CTHs if you can.

I also like that stop led on the rear. Some people may say that it's weird but even I don't think it should kill the overall look of the bus. In fact, this stop led is also on the rear of more than half of the D40LFs in the METRO (except for perhaps the 34xx/some 35xx series D40LFs operated by First Transit).

With this 5 megapixel camera phone that I have, I'll see if I can take some pics - just to see how they come out. I really do need to go out more on days that I don't go to work to take pics of the buses.

I can get the bid information for you when it is released. I will find out when that is next week. So if i don't post it by next Tuesday, send me a PM to remind me.

Cool. Good luck with that whenever you can get it. Even though I hope it would be somebody else, I wouldn't mind seeing more Orions in the fleet.

Here's some photos that were given to me by the folks at METRO of the NovaBus LFS diesel "test" bus units:

Picture359.jpg

Picture360.jpg

Picture365.jpg

Picture366.jpg

I'll just go on ahead and post this interior photo since I know a certain someone WILL ask for it:

Picture361.jpg

Here's the e-mail I have received before I got the photos in regards to the buses being here in Houston:

NovaBus has provided METRO with two test buses for METRO to operate and assess for a 6 month period. Both buses (4691 & 4692) will be operated from the Polk Street for the test period. The buses were provide at no charge to METRO and will be returned to NovaBus at the completion of the test.

Enjoy the pics!

• Upvote 1

The LFS looks HUNDRED TIMES better in Houston Metro Livery than NYCMTA. Also it's amazing what Frameless windows will do to make a bus look better.

Here's just a few cell phone pics that I took recently:

IMG_20110830_163445.jpg

IMG_20110912_042841.jpg

IMG_20110912_042940.jpg

The first one was done while I was waiting on METRORail and the other two was done EARLY in the morning while I was waiting on the 1st 77 - MLK bus to arrive.

Here's some photos that were given to me by the folks at METRO of the NovaBus LFS diesel "test" bus units:

Picture359.jpg

Picture360.jpg

Picture365.jpg

Picture366.jpg

I'll just go on ahead and post this interior photo since I know a certain someone WILL ask for it:

Picture361.jpg

Here's the e-mail I have received before I got the photos in regards to the buses being here in Houston:

Enjoy the pics!

Yo, that LFS is off the chain right there!!

Here's a top photo of one of the LFS buses:

Picture369.jpg

Hopefully METRO will eventually go with NovaBus after this test period is over with. I'm already falling in love with the bus - and I haven't even rode it yet.