New Flyer XD60 Discussion

East New York

Note sure if this was posted, but it appears that the delay is about to end as New Flyer posted that the contract has been awarded or approved for the XD60s. This was posted yesterday on the site.

http://www.newflyer.com/index/2012_09_24_nycta_award

NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AWARDS NEW FLYER A CONTRACT FOR NINETY 60-FOOT XCELSIOR TRANSIT BUSES

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – September 24, 2012: (TSX:NFI; TSX:NFI.DB.U) New Flyer Industries Inc. (“New Flyer” or the “Company”), the leading manufacturer of heavy-duty transit buses in the United States and Canada, announced that New York City Transit Authority and the MTA Bus Company (together, “NYCT”) have today confirmed the award of a firm contract to New Flyer to build 90 heavy-duty 60-foot Xcelsior clean diesel buses (180 equivalent units or “EUs”).

“These 60-foot Xcelsior buses will now begin production immediately and will be completely manufactured by New Flyer of America Inc., the US operating subsidiary of New Flyer, and its union partners of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) at the Company’s St. Cloud, Minnesota facility,” said Paul Soubry, New Flyer’s President and Chief Executive Officer.

Mr. Soubry further explained, “We are proud to have been selected by New York, the largest transit bus operator in America to provide the 60-foot Xcelsior. This award builds on the successful experience with NYCT as almost 1,300 New Flyer buses have been delivered by the Company to New York since May 1996. This new contract adds to our long-standing relationship with NYCT by providing a world-class next generation bus, supported by New Flyer warranty, service and lifetime customer care.”

In the last two years, New Flyer has delivered 385 low-floor 40-foot CNG buses and recently built 90 40-foot Xcelsior clean diesel buses – both fleets currently operating in New York. In July 2012, NYCT assigned a contract they held with Daimler Buses North America, Inc. to New Flyer to build an additional 74 40-foot CNG buses. The Company has already begun production of those buses and delivery of that order is expected to be completed by the end of 2012.

This new contract for 180 EUs was part of the group of awards the Company had announced in its July 16, 2012 press release for 483 new buses (613 EUs) and options for 40 buses (60 EUs) that were pending from a number of customers where approval had been granted by the customer’s board, council, or commission, as appropriate, but purchase documentation had not yet been received by New Flyer.

On September 17, 2012, the Company issued a press release noting the delay in receiving the contract and as a result, production of this order was re-scheduled. Production of this order will now commence consistent with that update.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's get ready to rumble. Assignment remains the same, and 4710 is currently at Kingsbridge.

Which depot will receive New Flyer XD60 only for MaBSTOA divison. Because i like to know if Gun Hill Depot will receive it. If Kingsbride depot do receive it. Kingsbridge depot might displaced 2000 D60HF new flyer #5461 - #5509 series send to West Farms Depot 15% chance. or to Manhattan Divison. At least Bx36 bus route should become a articulated bus line If West Farms Depot can handle saying.

Which depot will receive New Flyer XD60 only for MaBSTOA divison? I'd like to know if Gun Hill Depot will receive it. If Kingsbride depot does receive it, Kingsbridge depot might displace 2000 D60HF new flyer #5461 - #5509 , which probably will be sent to West Farms Depot 15% chance, or to theManhattan Divison. At least the Bx36 should become an articulated bus line If West Farms Depot can handle saying.

Dude, it's been mentioned already. Go look it up, and please look at your grammer!

They will remain 4700's.

@youngblaze - 4710 should be on it's way back now.

So what does this mean for the renumbering of the other d60 HFs? smh @ the numbering sequence. Ideally the novas should've finished off the rest of the 5900s and then go back to the 1290s and go up. Xd60s should've reverted back to the 1000s. No renumbering would've been needed or the need to break up the number series.

Which depot will receive New Flyer XD60 only for MaBSTOA divison. Because i like to know if Gun Hill Depot will receive it. If Kingsbride depot do receive it. Kingsbridge depot might displaced 2000 D60HF new flyer #5461 - #5509 series send to West Farms Depot 15% chance. or to Manhattan Divison. At least Bx36 bus route should become a articulated bus line If West Farms Depot can handle saying.

Dude, you really to start checking resources and reading. New fleet assignments are always posted in the Fleet & Depots thread. I also stated above that the assignments will remain the same.

So what does this mean for the renumbering of the other d60 HFs? smh @ the numbering sequence. Ideally the novas should've finished off the rest of the 5900s and then go back to the 1290s and go up. Xd60s should've reverted back to the 1000s. No renumbering would've been needed or the need to break up the number series.

Nothing. The renumbered buses are 4703-4709. IMO, the whole LFS order should have started with 1290, and the XD60 fleet should have been 1000's.

Major update!!

I just confirmed the XD60 has been inspected, and is ready to go for line training. In addition to that, the bus will be deployed primarily on the Bx41/55 for the time being.

We'll keep you posted, and let you know when she hits the road.

Golly G willikers gotta get my foamer pants on for this! Gonna camp right in front of KB so I can get some exclusive shots!

lmaoo wow...now im starting to understand anything changes at any time...even if its final...now curiuos where these going now

You should've understood that a long time ago.....especially when a bunch of us kept telling you that!!!!!!

Alright kiddies, another update fresh off the press. Word is KB will only take delivery, of 60 buses now, and the remainder will go elsewhere. We know with MTA things can change hourly, so stay tuned.

Bets anyone....

Quill, TG or FB..

If I were the bettor in this situation, the set of 30 are going to Manhattan over to Quill.

I hope TG gets them. The Artics at Quill only do Crosstown routes and won't get much mileage. Flatbush isn't and shouldn't even be in the equation but strange things happen with the (MTA) so if by some wild change they get it, then "Wow" is all I can say. I'm just glad that another depot will be getting the XD60's (unless that changes again) lol.

I hope 100st gets the other 30, or 126th street, Quill artic routes are kinda boring to me.

M15/M60 and the M101/102/103 >>>>> Quill artic routes.

As you know 126 street depot will be shut down when Mother Clara Hale Depot re-open next year guessing. there only be 2 depot have chance that carry articulated bus that Micheal J. Quill Depot or 100 street depot. A non MaBSTOA divison in Bronx & Manhattan divison that 126 street depot.

As you know 126 street depot will be shut down when Mother Clara Hale Depot re-open next year guessing. there only be 2 depot have chance that carry articulated bus that Micheal J. Quill Depot or 100 street depot. A non MaBSTOA divison in Bronx & Manhattan divison that 126 street depot.

MCH can handle artics, they had the M15 and a few other artic routes IIRC and could very well get those routes again.

Archived