New Flyer XD60 Discussion

East New York

MCH can handle artics, they had the M15 and a few other artic routes IIRC and could very well get those routes again.

I agree with you. But one thing i like to see Mother Clara Hale depot get their bronx bus route back. I just sayin you know. I like seeing the etc:/ Broadway play billboard ad or what ever good billboard ad that Manhattan divsion carry . It look very well.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you. But one thing i like to see Mother Clara Hale depot get their bronx bus route back. I just sayin you know. I like seeing the etc:/ Broadway play billboard ad or what ever good billboard ad that Manhattan divsion carry . It look very well.

Well it is in the Bronx Division and had Bronx routes in the past, so who knows.

Oohh snapp 4710 in service today??

too badd imma be in school > :(

May was the key word.

Time for me to get up to the Bronx!

Question, do these buses have seats in the accordion section like on the D60HFs or did the MTA spec them without them like on the LFSA?

Without the seats, there wouldn't be any room to get by if there were seats lol.

Question, do these buses have seats in the accordion section like on the D60HFs or did the MTA spec them without them like on the LFSA?

No they don't...but they do have a nice little single seat that faces the rear of the bus right before the accordion section...

Low floor artics don't have seats on the turntable because there is not enough room like there is on the high floors.

Low floor artics don't have seats on the turntable because there is not enough room like there is on the high floors.

That was what I'd thought, but I just saw that New Flyer is now offering that as an option on the Xcelsior artics so that threw me...

(Omnitrans photo)

sbx01.jpg

Based upon spelling and grammar, he really needs to be in school !!

is that necessary?? This is my text talk...you really think i talk like this in real life?? grow up...i might be 16 but i have better grammar than many adults.

I had thought that, but I just saw that New Flyer is now offering that as an option on the Xcelsior artics so that threw me...

(Omnitrans photo)

sbx01.jpg

oohh you saw that post i put in Random thoughts...yeaa that xcelsior is beautiful!!

Bus was in service on the 41 today...not sure of time though.

oohh really!?!? It was on the Bx41...im curious to how it looked!

Thanks, I had no idea. I've been on a ton of them and since I never saw one I assumed it was not an option.

Yeah, although through the years New Flyer has redesigned the artic joint and the area around it inside the bus (including switching to a new supplier for the joints themselves) which has made the area significantly less cramped than the earlier 60LF artics were.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that 2 Xcelsior artics were built right? 1000 and 1001...now 4710 and 4711...shouldn't 4711 be here with 4710?

It's revealed that another XD60 won't be delivered for the next 12 weeks or later. The MTA is going for the goal for 4 to 5 buses a week after the second's delivery but let's just wait and see. c_c

The Bx3 running times are still the same. You have to really push the bus in order to stay in schedule. The Bx9 had unrealistic schedule time back then and senior drivers till this day still stay away from it with the perception that the scheduling is still the same. Which is a good thing. I personally enjoy the route. During the day I find myself having to sit at bus stops waiting for my time. And I'm not the one to be rushing. And while waiting if I look in the mirror I could see my follower approaching most of the time. It's laid back up until 8pm. Then the running times are reduced. Even then you could stay on schedule if nothing is going on. The concourse I stay away from unless it is an RDO or a Change of Assignment. For some reason I think I am cursed from working on that line. YoungBlaze could vouch on that.

Wow, so the Bx9 changed where you have to just sit at times. From West farms to 225 wasn't a problem, Riverdale bound. It was from 225 to Riverdale, where the running time wasn't real, especially during the rush hour, when I was there. In December, I will be under the Concourse for 6 months, 5 days a week. By the way, I like the NovaBus LFSA over that XD60 now. The NovaBus FLSA doesn't have plain bus look, as to me the XD60 does. When things don't look so new to one so much anymore, one can judge which looks better to oneself . VIVA VanHool AG300 still my fave though. That won't change........

At least Bx36 bus route should become a articulated bus line If West Farms Depot can handle saying.

The Bx36 was suppose to be an articulated line. Its day will come, where it will be. Remember two 60ft artics can do the job of three 40fters. I really feel MTA will put those Orca buses on that heavy ridership line......

I heard that 2 Xcelsior artics were built right? 1000 and 1001...now 4710 and 4711...shouldn't 4711 be here with 4710?

Yes, both buses were built back to back. 4711, formerly 1001 was retained by New Flyer, and will remain there until 4710 has performed 90 days of in service testing. At that time the bus will be used for configuration control, and the remainder of the buses will begin delivery.

Archived