New Flyer XD60 Discussion

East New York

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Interesting fleet number assignment given the current 1000s are still in service albeit in a smaller amount.

They will all be retired by the time the LFR's come in.

This one caught me clean out of left field.....

You and me both! Well, you know what my reaction was when you called me about it! I almost walked out into traffic and fainted in the middle of the damn street!

Nice.. and very interesting.

I thought the MTA had an issue with the LFR design though? wow indeedy

That was for a competitive procurement. They didn't have an issue with the design, the LFR has not been approved for service in NYC. This is a test fleet, which will validate the design.

Wow.... This lessens the blow of the TA buying the old face C40LF, nice to see the MTA will get LFR buses! :cool:

I can't wait to ride this bus on the Lex/3rd Ave Routes.

From day one I said I would be in heaven if the TA got LF's, LFR's and X's. :drool:

There is a God!!! Lord knows I love me some DE60's!! Torque for days!!!!!

Did not see this coming. So LFSA, XD60 and NOW a DE60LFR. Let me find out that it's going end being the XDE60 instead. hmmmm.....

Not a chance in hell! lol

Not before 2014 at least.

I dread the day these hit the M14s....I'd love to see how they handle those crowds...

I have actually dreamed of the day that I would see LFR artics on the M14, and M23. Didn't think it would ever happen though. But I know full well that dreams can and do come true!

Ummm, where the hell did this come from? LOL This is shocking. VERY shocking! I thought the (MTA) was done with hybrids? Mmmm anyways, this is wild and I'm looking forward to seeing how this one will turn out. Awesome, awesome, awesome!

No, I don't know where everyone keeps getting that idea. The MTA is far from done ordering hybrids. I mentioned this a few times this year. The specs for the original 40 foot BTE called for Nova EPA10 diesels, NFI EPA10 Allison hybrids, and Orion EPA10 BAE hybrids. The TA later decided to change it and make all 3 buses go head to head.

Interesting news! I wonder if there will be a LFS Artic HEV order to compare the DE60LFRs to? :D

I don't see it as beeing likely because they use the same propulsion system, and MTA has already complected BT&E on the diesel variant. However, there are 90 LFSA's that are unaccounted for..... So I guess we will have to see!

We have these in Boston. I love them, and so do the BOs I've talked to.

Smooth acceleration and ride. They handle the large crowds well on the Silver Line Washington St. route.

I'm sure they'll handle NYC fine.

This eases my depression about the long wait for the XD60s to arrive in NYC.

We have these in Boston. I love them, and so do the BOs I've talked to.

Smooth acceleration and ride. They handle the large crowds well on the Silver Line Washington St. route.

I'm sure they'll handle NYC fine.

This eases my depression about the long wait for the XD60s to arrive in NYC.

Yes, I've been on quite a few D/DE60's and I love them.

I have actually dreamed of the day that I would see LFR artics on the M14, and M23. Didn't think it would ever happen though. But I know full well that dreams can and do come true!

To an extent, I have too. I'm just dreading it because I know them folks may complain about the lack of standing room...Between the articulated crosstowns, the M14s gets hammered the worst..

New Flyer DE60LFR Hybrid-Electric Low Floor Articulated

- 90 standard configuration articulated buses. (Preliminary)

Allison H 50 EP Hybrid Drive, Thermo King HVAC, Hydraulic Cooling System, LED Headlamps, Disk Brakes

*Award expected soon

*Pilot expected first quarter 2012, order to be completed by Summer 2012

NYCB_NFI_1000.jpg

Preliminary Assignment:

1000-1029 to Michael J. Quill Depot (MQ)

1030-1059 to Kingsbridge Depot (KB)

1060-1089 to The Tuskegee Airmen Depot (TU)

Add 10 more of these buses, we'll talk more about it and see how this will turn out to be.;)

I was expecting to see XD60's. Now were gonna get this boy right here? Oo man imma have a moment:)

You are not the only one! Trust and believe that one! I NEVER thought I would see LFR's in the city! LF CNG's, Xcelsior Diesels, and LFR Artics.....

Yeah, Imma have a moment too!;)

Still with Xcelsior Artic Diesels due in late 2013/early 2014....... SMH

(MTA)

One question here, are these going to be hybrids?

New Flyer DE60LFR Hybrid-Electric Low Floor Articulated

- 90 standard configuration articulated buses. (Preliminary)

Allison H 50 EP Hybrid Drive, Thermo King HVAC, Hydraulic Cooling System, LED

This.

Archived