New Flyer XD60 Discussion

East New York

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are articulated buses! Of course they're going to MaBSTOA (or 126th Street). Sure, TA has just started using artics outside 126th Street with the LFSAs, but I don't think they should put these in depots that will be new to the artic game. The next BT&E artics should definitely go to Flatbush or CS though.

lol. Precisely.

--------

Still don't know why CS got LFSA's... In my opinion, They should have gotten the D60HF's... I'm very excited to see these XD60's.

At the shape these D60HFs are in at this moment....not a good idea. It's better for them to get new buses. They've been dumped with hand-me-downs far too long now(excluding the OGs and NGs)

At the shape these D60HFs are in at this moment....not a good idea. It's better for them to get new buses. They've been dumped with hand-me-downs far too long now(excluding the OGs and NGs)

Yeah that makes sense. There is some D60's that are in good shape but you're right, A majority of those D60's are shot to hell...

who thinks fresh pond deserves new buses and not the hamney down buses that yukon and castleton beat up hybrids? it has been about 7-8years since the original gen order.

The next 40 foot bus order will be the MTS RTS-10 for BT&E, and that may not be until 2014, so don't get your hopes up on that front...

_________

Even though those depots know how to handle artics, the NYCT depots need the buses, especially Flatbush.

The next 40 foot bus order will be the MTS RTS-10 for BT&E, and that may not be until 2014, so don't get your hopes up on that front...

_________

Even though those depots know how to handle artics, the NYCT depots need the buses, especially Flatbush.

Again, lets wait and see....

Whoa...B400R??? What's up with that???

If I'm not mistaken that's a 4 speed transmission right? I thought they wanted better fuel economy.

I would think that these XD60s would come with the B500Rs but only time will tell.

From what I read online, there are also 5-speed and 6-speed variants of the B-400R. I'm not sure if we have any variants of that because I'm almost sure that our B500Rs are 6 speed transmissions.

ok so this morning, my co-worker was driving in to work from Sheepshead and she told me she spotted approx 8-10 of these on the beld heading towards Bay Parkway along with a few of what she described as Nova LFS'. SHe didnt get a chance to take a pic. does anyone have any info on this?

ok so this morning, my co-worker was driving in to work from Sheepshead and she told me she spotted approx 8-10 of these on the beld heading towards Bay Parkway along with a few of what she described as Nova LFS'. SHe didnt get a chance to take a pic. does anyone have any info on this?

They're probably being delivered to the lot at JFK.

But buses aren't allowed past Flatbuah Ave on the Belt due to the weight restriction on the bridge. If it's at Bay Pkwy, its provably some deadheads to/from Ulmer Park, if they were XD40s.

Not doubting it as I've seen an Orion V past Flatbush heading towards Manhattan.

They're probably being delivered to the lot at JFK.

No, what his friend saw were deadheading buses. 1000, and 1001 are the only buses built.

_________

The RTS low floors for NBQP (formerly BT&E) are supposed to be 42.5 foot BRT models.

No, what his friend saw were deadheading buses. 1000, and 1001 are the only buses built.

The RTS low floors for NBQP (formerly BT&E) are supposed to be 42.5 foot BRT models.

What does NBQP mean? I'm gonna take a guess New Bus Qualifying Program?

EDIT: Nvm I just saw it on the main page. New Bus Qualification Program

My uncle and i was having a discussion about the MTA and he said he saw a pretty, clean, new bus in the bronx. i asked him to describe it he said it was futuristic, and he called it the "bubble head" like a boeing 747. i told him you found something exclusive! so im assuming 1000 is at kingsbridge or gun hill now

My uncle and i was having a discussion about the MTA and he said he saw a pretty, clean, new bus in the bronx. i asked him to describe it he said it was futuristic, and he called it the "bubble head" like a boeing 747. i told him you found something exclusive! so im assuming 1000 is at kingsbridge or gun hill now

Actually 1000 is no longer going to be used for these buses I saw one of them in the Bronx numbered 4710.

Archived