Westchester Bus Rapid Transit recommended hours of operation (includes Yonkers Raceway short turns)

GreatOne2k

Yes, I know.... but to be frank, I'd rather not deal w/ the 2 in the bronx period....

...and yes, I also think the BL-3 should run outside the rush.... maybe a midday run or two.....

But since that's not the case, I take the 1W - and have no second-thoughts about it either...

I agree. If anything the both the 1T (Tarrytown branch) and 1c(IMO it would rename that #1 branch the #99 since it travels mostly via US Route 9/9A but that for another discussion)should become a rush hour only route in order for the BL-3 to run at least every 90 minutes-2 hours weekday middays.

Riders in Riverdale(Bronx) and Downtown Yonkers would benefit for expanded #3 service. If they going middays to Tarrytown let take the local "1W' to Route 119 & US 9 and transfer to the #13. Or for to/from WCC middays, take the #14, #15 or #40 at the White Plains transcenter.

I agree. If anything the both the 1T (Tarrytown branch) and 1c(IMO it would rename that #1 branch the #99 since it travels mostly via US Route 9/9A but that for another discussion)should become a rush hour only route in order for the BL-3 to run at least every 90 minutes-2 hours weekday middays.

Riders in Riverdale(Bronx) and Downtown Yonkers would benefit for expanded #3 service. If they going middays to Tarrytown let take the local "1W' to Route 119 & US 9 and transfer to the #13. Or for to/from WCC middays, take the #14, #15 or #40 at the White Plains transcenter.

won't be needed extend 20 cross county short turns to white plains via I-87 and stew leonard's timed transfers to and from BL-78 78 will extend to northern westchester via westchester medical center and sprain parkway to rte 202 I will fully explain once all my ideas are finished in grid format you won't understand with just this info it's a whole deeply connected network of expresses that complement and manipulate the MNRR.

won't be needed extend 20 cross county short turns to white plains via I-87 and stew leonard's timed transfers to and from BL-78 78 will extend to northern westchester via westchester medical center and sprain parkway to rte 202 I will fully explain once all my ideas are finished in grid format you won't understand with just this info it's a whole deeply connected network of expresses that complement and manipulate the MNRR.

Transitmaster again very few riders living in upper westchester i.e Yorktown, Peekskill, Cortlandt, etc. or vice versa are going to places like Yonkers or the Bronx via mass transit. If they are they using Metro North or driving.

That a waste of money and buses to run a bus between Bedford Park and Upper Westchester. And when will his mega proposal be done? Sounds like the "Manhattan project' lol. Seriously transitmaster does not seem to get that in suburian areas of Metro NYC, some people will never take the bus and will either only drive or take rapid transit like Metro North or LIRR.:confused:

Transitmaster again very few riders living in upper westchester i.e Yorktown, Peekskill, Cortlandt, etc. or vice versa are going to places like Yonkers or the Bronx via mass transit. If they are they using Metro North or driving.

That a waste of money and buses to run a bus between Bedford Park and Upper Westchester. And when will his mega proposal be done? Sounds like the "Manhattan project' lol. Seriously transitmaster does not seem to get that in suburian areas of Metro NYC, some people will never take the bus and will either only drive or take rapid transit like Metro North or LIRR.:confused:

I also said MANIPULATE MNRR TRIP PURPOSE. ur kinda right If I don't explain it fully you will NEVER UNDERSTAND what I am getting at.

you didn't read my full post with stops in westchester medical center and stew leonard's which will link with several bus rtes meaning with travel times similar to driving. For reaching places metro-north can't directly. That is the same attitude that is the reason why 21 isn't fulltime yet fully. And the same reason why express service is so crappy. IT IS WAY MORE THAN just one rte ans extension. Lines like 15 get broken up with northern segment partially merged with express route. The southern merged with other lines. The 15 is stupidly structured and planned. The bus lines are rearranged in a rapid formation where upper westchester lines will mostly be turned into some form of express service except 14 and 16. Hint: crompond rd crosstown linking to new haven line stations merging segments from 2 routes but one segment of one of the routes gets dropped completely.

you didn't read my full post with stops in westchester medical center and stew leonard's which will link with several bus rtes meaning with travel times similar to driving. For reaching places metro-north can't directly. That is the same attitude that is the reason why 21 isn't fulltime yet fully. And the same reason why express service is so crappy. IT IS WAY MORE THAN just one rte ans extension. Lines like 15 get broken up with northern segment partially merged with express route. The southern merged with other lines. The 15 is stupidly structured and planned.

Northern Westchester residents already have the #17 between Corlandt/Peekskill which stops at Westchester County Medical to/from White Plains. And from the Bronx there the #43 express. You don't get it and read what i am saying. Those folks in upper westchester are driving or using metro north. I only agree that Bee Line planners/management should run the #17" express during middays as well.

It's doubtful some living in Corlandt is going to Stew lenonard in Yonkers taking the bus. Transitmaster have you ever been driving on the Taonic/Sprain Brook which can sometimes be very busy? And buses can't use the Saw Mill Pwy or Hutch either so none of your bus rapid transit lanes again please. Transitmaster other than Peekskill, Northern Westchester is one of richest areas of America. Thus a few of those people will never use a local bus. Understand that Transitmaster in your plans.

Another reason why Transitmaster you plan won't work because of traffic on the Sprain Brook/Taonic and buses are not allowed on the Saw Mill and Hutch.

Get it now transitmaster.

Northern Westchester residents already have the #17 between Corlandt/Peekskill which stops at Westchester County Medical to/from White Plains. And from the Bronx there the #43 express. You don't get it and read what i am saying. Those folks in upper westchester are driving or using metro north. I only agree that Bee Line planners/management should run the #17" express during middays as well.

It's doubtful some living in Corlandt is going to Stew lenonard in Yonkers taking the bus. Transitmaster have you ever been driving on the Taonic/Sprain Brook which can sometimes be very busy? And buses can't use the Saw Mill Pwy or Hutch either so none of your bus rapid transit lanes again please. Transitmaster other than Peekskill, Northern Westchester is one of richest areas of America. Thus a few of those people will never use a local bus. Understand that Transitmaster in your plans.

I wonder will they use this bus ?????

Another reason why Transitmaster you plan won't work because of traffic on the Sprain Brook/Taonic and buses are not allowed on the Saw Mill and Hutch.

Get it now transitmaster.

I said stew leoanards turns into a TRANSFER POINT. Saw mill parkway from where to where do not allow buses???? That will give me clues on the travel patterns of ppl. UR RIGHT never use a LOCAL bus meaning the 15 or 14 but that doesn't apply to express doesn't it. You will have to ready the full thing to get it but I admit I didn't give enough clues. Ohh by the way my regional plan DOESN'T include corlandt ppl can use metro-north.

I never said anything about hutch or saw mill plus I have no plan for those corridors at least not short term for long term look at the link then think what could happen. Plus there are ways to deal with those problems the lines will mostly be based on rte 9A north of white plains and I-87 and maybe a line replacing parts of 12 based on I-684 No it doesn't follow 84's routing or go to white plains.

I said stew leoanards turns into a TRANSFER POINT. Saw mill parkway from where to where do not allow buses???? That will give me clues on the travel patterns of ppl. UR RIGHT never use a LOCAL bus meaning the 15 or 14 but that doesn't apply to express doesn't it. You will have to ready the full thing to get it but I admit I didn't give enough clues

Yonkers already has a transfer point. It's called Getty Sq/Downtown Yonkers.

Transitmaster yes I do agree Bee Line should run the upper westchester express routes the BL-17 and BL-77 (actually to Putnam border)a couple of weekday midday trips at least every 2 hours then and later into evenings at least 8pm as well.

Saw Mill just like the Belt does not allow buses because of the low clerences.

So the Saw Mill (thank again Robert Moses for designing them)almost from the NYC border(Van Corlandt in Bronx)all the way to the merger with Interstate 684 in Kantonah does not allow buses. The Hutch Parkway does not buses/trucks either from Interstate 287(near White Plains)-Bronx line (US Route 1 in Pelham)

That is a huge obstacle on partially why Bee Line does not run more buses on the highways in Westchester.

It's no use as Transitmaster is stuck in his ways and just have to learn the hard way most of his ideas will never be accepted. And his Bus rapid transit in a tough economy will cost a ton of money.

Yonkers already has a transfer point. It's called Getty Sq/Downtown Yonkers.

Transitmaster yes I do agree Bee Line should run the upper westchester express routes the BL-17 and BL-77 (actually to Putnam border)a couple of weekday midday trips at least every 2 hours then and later into evenings at least 8pm as well.

Saw Mill just like the Belt does not allow buses because of the low clerences.

So the Saw Mill (thank again Robert Moses for designing them)almost from the NYC border(Van Corlandt in Bronx)all the way to the merger with Interstate 684 in Kantonah does not allow buses. The Hutch Parkway does not buses/trucks either from Interstate 287(near White Plains)-Bronx line (US Route 1 in Pelham)

That is a huge obstacle on partially why Bee Line does not run more buses on the highways in Westchester.

It's no use as Transitmaster is stuck in his ways and just have to learn the hard way most of his ideas will never be accepted. And his Bus rapid transit in a tough economy will cost a ton of money.

ERR that is LONG TERM the rapid transit is for 2020 or later. But the bus enhancement of 77 and 17 while absorbing PART 2 and 5 lines ( parts of em) and 78 to corridors like 202 baldwin place for croton falls I suggest add a dial-a bus there for northeastern area since it's really that empty. I agree with most of ur points. But you fail to realize that the guideway crap and the rapid bus super line plan is completely unrelated to my near term proposal heck it's outright long term.

Extending some more 40 buses to/from 241 St would be the best for more Bronx - Westchester Medical Center service. The 40 can be nearly non stop outside of peak times. The 40 acts just like an express even though it is a local. That 40 / 42 transfer is not something one wants to do all of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

The 1T and 1W serve Route 9. The 1C veers eastward and takes the 5 travel path to White Plains.

And just one thing: In the report, it mentioned service was reduced on the northern end of the 20. Does that mean it used to run north of White Plains, or that there used to be more service between Cross Country and White Plains?

QJ, I took 7:49 W21 Limited White Plains out of Bedford Park Blvd.

After I got free transfer, asked for transfer to Tappan Zee Express.

W21 commute were crushloaded until Palmer Rd, where there was accident, then other crushloaded until entrance to White Plains.

w21 needs full route full time service not short turn BULL SH

The 1T and 1W serve Route 9. The 1C veers eastward and takes the 5 travel path to White Plains.

And just one thing: In the report, it mentioned service was reduced on the northern end of the 20. Does that mean it used to run north of White Plains, or that there used to be more service between Cross Country and White Plains?

It means slightly less service on the #20 going to/from White Plains doing the day.

Checkmate i doubt you been on the #1. Trust me the #1T branch gets almost zero ridership outside of rush hours as almost all of the riders use the #13 in Tarrytown. It would make more sense if those 1T would terminate at say Dobbs Ferry non-rush hours and become a short turn branch for much busier Downtown Yonkers/Van Corlandt Park Broadway coordior.

Plus those handful of 1T riders can transfer to/from 13 at Route 9/Route 113 (right off the Tappan Zee Bridge)for connecting services.

It means slightly less service on the #20 going to/from White Plains doing the day.

Checkmate i doubt you been on the #1. Trust me the #1T branch gets almost zero ridership outside of rush hours as almost all of the riders use the #13 in Tarrytown. It would make more sense if those 1T would terminate at say Dobbs Ferry non-rush hours and become a short turn branch for much busier Downtown Yonkers/Van Corlandt Park Broadway coordior.

Plus those handful of 1T riders can transfer to/from 13 at Route 9/Route 113 (right off the Tappan Zee Bridge)for connecting services.

you have a point my plan is slightly different it extends 66 to tarrytown but eliminates 1T completely however the busy section of 1 is absorbed into the 4.

thus eliminating the 1 locals 3 and 1x become full time 1x is designated as just 1. former w users can use 6 or 3. 66 gains additional rush service absorbing 64 but 63 interlines with 65. agreed the 1t is a duplicate with no real purpose.

When I went to Tarrytown, I wanted to take the BxM3 to the 1T, but my mother wanted to walk from Getty Square to Yonkers and take Metro-North. I was pissed bccause it was $12 for the 4 of us (3 adult fares and one child fare, back before the fare hikes), whereas the bus would've just been $6.75.

Going back, we would've made the 1T if we had ran for it, but again, my mother insisted on taking Metro-North, but we missed that too. As a result, we ended up missing the BxM3 by a few minutes and waiting a whole hour for the next one. :mad: We wasted time and money.

At least if we were on the 1T and missed the BxM3, we could've stayed on until 242nd Street and caught the (1) to the X17J, but we didn't have that option in Yonkers.

When I went to Tarrytown, I wanted to take the BxM3 to the 1T, but my mother wanted to walk from Getty Square to Yonkers and take Metro-North. I was pissed bccause it was $12 for the 4 of us (3 adult fares and one child fare, back before the fare hikes), whereas the bus would've just been $6.75.

Going back, we would've made the 1T if we had ran for it, but again, my mother insisted on taking Metro-North, but we missed that too. As a result, we ended up missing the BxM3 by a few minutes and waiting a whole hour for the next one. :mad: We wasted time and money.

At least if we were on the 1T and missed the BxM3, we could've stayed on until 242nd Street and caught the (1) to the X17J, but we didn't have that option in Yonkers.

ur mom obviously prepers PRACTICAL TRIPS BUDDY!!!!!!!! BXM3 to 1T seriously that is retarted way too much time on ur hands. If both of you were faster then that wouldn't happen.

@shortline what is ridership like on the 1W branch excluding ppl going from white plains to yonkers who would rather be on the 3???

ur mom obviously prepers PRACTICAL TRIPS BUDDY!!!!!!!! BXM3 to 1T seriously that is retarted way too much time on ur hands. If both of you were faster then that wouldn't happen.

@shortline what is ridership like on the 1W branch excluding ppl going from white plains to yonkers who would rather be on the 3???

First of all, who are you to tell me how to spend my time?

Second of all, it's called trying to get some busfanning in and saving money in the process.

Obviously, I know the fastest way would've been the X17J->Metro-North, but the BxM3 accepts free transfers whereas Metro-North doesn't. And like I said, the 1T from Yonkers to Tarrytown is cheaper than Metro-North. I'm not that stupid.

Yeah, if I were by myself, I would've taken the S62->ferry->(1)->(2)/(3)->(1)->1T/1C (and a walk), and it would've cost me only $4.50. Then again, if it weren't for my mom, I wouldn't have gone on the trip anyway.

But with the way we did it, I still would've saved time. We just missed the BxM3, which added 30 minutes to our travel time right there (if I were by myself, I would've ran to the next stop and caught it), and going back, I would've made a run for the 1T.

First of all, who are you to tell me how to spend my time?

Second of all, it's called trying to get some busfanning in and saving money in the process.

Obviously, I know the fastest way would've been the X17J->Metro-North, but the BxM3 accepts free transfers whereas Metro-North doesn't. And like I said, the 1T from Yonkers to Tarrytown is cheaper than Metro-North. I'm not that stupid.

Yeah, if I were by myself, I would've taken the S62->ferry->(1)->(2)/(3)->(1)->1T/1C (and a walk), and it would've cost me only $4.50. Then again, if it weren't for my mom, I wouldn't have gone on the trip anyway.

But with the way we did it, I still would've saved time. We just missed the BxM3, which added 30 minutes to our travel time right there (if I were by myself, I would've ran to the next stop and caught it), and going back, I would've made a run for the 1T.

still utter waste of time just to save a few bucks not a big deal. When I was a shopper the schedulers would pay for my trips so naturally I was forced to use the fastest ways to get to each location faster I was never a real fanner just a shopper who relied on several buses and trains hence why I know so much about regional travel and how awful dutchess really was. I used god knows how many BL rtes too many to even count probably all of em.

Yes I know your not that dumb but trust me on my travels I have met dumb ppl who don't know better. Like this woman who missed the train and 3 mins later a bus heading to her destination in the same time the wait for the next one is she foolishly passed up. Normally I would use metro-north BUT if I missed it I will use the bus in this case it was the W60 she could have used sound familiar like your mistake(intentional) but in reverse but (unintentionally)

still utter waste of time just to save a few bucks not a big deal. When I was a shopper the schedulers would pay for my trips so naturally I was forced to use the fastest ways to get to each location faster I was never a real fanner just a shopper who relied on several buses and trains hence why I know so much about regional travel and how awful dutchess really was. I used god knows how many BL rtes too many to even count probably all of em.

Yes I know your not that dumb but trust me on my travels I have met dumb ppl who don't know better. Like this woman who missed the train and 3 mins later a bus heading to her destination in the same time the wait for the next one is she foolishly passed up. Normally I would use metro-north BUT if I missed it I will use the bus in this case it was the W60 she could have used sound familiar like your mistake(intentional) but in reverse but (unintentionally)

Yeah, but the money was coming out of our pockets. Since we weren't in a hurry, we were willing to spend the extra time. Let us decide what's a big deal.

Since we left in the AM rush, it would've been $5.50 for the X17J, plus $12 for the Metro-North. Multiply that by 3 people and it comes out to $52.50. (Plus my little brother who paid $0.75 for Metro-North)

The way we did it, we paid $5.50, got a free transfer to the BxM3, and paid $3.75 for Metro-North, which costs $27.75 (plus $0.75 for my little brother)

Going back, it wouldn't have been as bad, because the fare to Grand Central would've been off-peak, but still.

But in any case, if my travel expenses were being covered, I'd just take the fastest way possible.

Archived