Two Photos of the R142A in Corona

R33WF

So Kawasaki told the (MTA) that the 10-car R142A that's at Corona is staying on the (7) line?

Riiiiiight.

Well you would think they would instead of testing them, sending them back up to the Bronx, just to send them back down to Queens in a matter of months? You got to think logically and not like a foamer! ok Buddy?

I doubt it. Last time ten cars trains were in service on the (7) was 2003. Solid trains of R36WF cars ran since the R33WFs didn't have A/C.

Damn... I was hoping to ride it.

Anyways I still will be doing station - by - station on the (7).

EDIT: There's something sitting at the 111 St layup tracks and that is not an R62A...

Nice Cacth But You Better thank Me for telling you it went in the Barn lol

And i see this thread already went to shit, Relax Its only a regular 10 car set for non revenue testing and clearance testing in the steinway tubes, I have have a video of it as well as the R142A @ 111th st when it was getting transfers

And i see this thread already went to shit, Relax Its only a regular 10 car set for non revenue testing and clearance testing in the steinway tubes, I have have a video of it as well as the R142A @ 111th st when it was getting transfers

Nah, other than the foamers wanting to ride it so bad or early speculators over where the displaced R62As should go, this thread is fine.

FALSE! Cars 7211-7220 have been converted!
dman they're not converted yet,they are still R142A's.they are just doing test.Why run a converted train if the (7) hasn't been CBTC'd yet.Just running clearance test and diagnostics.I also heard they will be tested at night after 11PM.

If this train cannot clear the steinway tunnels,then the (6) will have them for a little while longer.

Like I've been saying: how much longer are they going to have trains accomodate the tunnel?* They may as well build replacement tunnels that can handle actual subway cars [rather than trolleys] and make the (7) a B-division line. Unless the stations in Manhattan can not handle a B-div train, then it is the Steinway tunnels that prevents the (7) from running B-div cars.

*Obviously cost is the reason, but eventually they will need a replacement unless they want to keep making trains the same dimensions as the R62As...

dman they're not converted yet,they are still R142A's.they are just doing test.Why run a converted train if the (7) hasn't been CBTC'd yet.Just running clearance test and diagnostics.I also heard they will be tested at night after 11PM.

If this train cannot clear the steinway tunnels,then the (6) will have them for a little while longer.

Actually I made a mistake, the cars that are at Corona now are NOT converted while cars 7211-7220 have been converted and last seen at the Kawasaki Plant in Yonkers!!!

Archived