BRONX NYCB ADDED: Comprehensive MTA Regional Bus Operations Destination Sign Code List

The Real

Finally got the updated NYCB Readings. I've installed the Bronx NYCB and adjusted the Bronx MTAB

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Destination_Sign_Codes

Over the course of the next day or two, I will add in the other 4 boroughs for NYCB and adjust the Queens MTAB readings with the updated readings. Enjoy!

There are quite a bit of duplicates in the Brooklyn list:

Just a point-out:

4012=4015

4014=4019

4022=4023

4156=4157

4363=4364

4365=4366

4418=8411

4463=8465

4492=4493

4494=4495

4497=4498

4622=4623

4633=4634

4635=4636

With this written, are these mistakes, or are the codes really like that?

Also code 4154 is listed twice as two different things - JFK AIRPORT, via POSTAL FAC and BED-BUY, via POSTAL FAC. This has to be a mistake - I mean, what the heck is BED-BUY?

There are quite a bit of duplicates in the Brooklyn list...

Each borough has duplicates, and they're not mistakes. Notice that each pair has one even number and one odd number, indicating opposite directions.

3062 = Bx6 eastbound to Southern Blvd

3063 = Bx6 westbound to Southern Blvd

3412 = Bx41 northbound to Fordham Road

3413 = Bx41 southbound to Fordham Road

There are quite a bit of duplicates in the Brooklyn list:

Just a point-out:

4012=4015

4014=4019

4022=4023

4156=4157

4363=4364

4365=4366

4418=8411

4463=8465

4492=4493

4494=4495

4497=4498

4622=4623

4633=4634

4635=4636

Also code 4154 is listed twice as two different things - JFK AIRPORT, via POSTAL FAC and BED-BUY, via POSTAL FAC. This has to be a mistake - I mean, what the heck is BED-BUY?

There is SEVERAL duplicate codes in the readings based on the direction the bus is travelling. Remember the operator HAS to punch the code into the farebox which then triggers the sign. So prime example, code 4156 is used for Eastbound Trips while code 4157 is used for Westbound Trips.

As for 4154 showing twice, the second is 4159. typo, and the BED-STUY error is a typo, you try retyping 67 pages of codes and see how PERFECT your typing is after 4-5 hours straight of converting a sloppy put together table into wiki language. OK? How about a thank you?

@Trevor, are you planning to add instructions on how to punch in the code on the page or that should be known to the T/A and those who already know it? I already know, just for those who don't know. (At least the punch box on the top of the drivers seat, not farebox)

It really isn't that hard at all!

I know! This is how I can now remember..

for NYCT/MABSTOA ONLY:

Bronx 3000s | Brooklyn 4000s | 1000s (Manhattan?) | SI 5000s? | Queens 2000s? (Someone correct me)

For example:

Bx7 Riverdale

3 = Bronx Numbers in the 3000s (FIRST DIGIT ONLY) | 07 = Route BX7 | 0-9 (0 here) = destinations for that route

Another:

B15 New Lots Avenue

4 = Brooklyn Numbers in the 4000s (FIRST DIGIT ONLY) | 15 = Route B15 | 0-9 (5 here) = destinations for that route

:cool:

@Trevor, are you planning to add instructions on how to punch in the code on the page or that should be known to the T/A and those who already know it? I already know, just for those who don't know. (At least the punch box on the top of the drivers seat, not farebox)

Uh, no. It's one thing for me to release these codes, its another to "encourage" touching things in the operators area.

I know occasionally the fans meet a driver that is willing to "code break" at the end of a line while on layover, at least you can know what code you MAY want to ask for. But uh, yeah no instructions!

I know! This is how I can now remember..

for NYCT/MABSTOA ONLY:

Bronx 3000s | Brooklyn 4000s | 1000s (Manhattan?) | SI 5000s? | Queens 2000s? (Someone correct me)

For example:

Bx7 Riverdale

3 = Bronx Numbers in the 3000s (FIRST DIGIT ONLY) | 07 = Route BX7 | 0-9 (0 here) = destinations for that route

Another:

B15 New Lots Avenue

4 = Brooklyn Numbers in the 4000s (FIRST DIGIT ONLY) | 15 = Route B15 | 0-9 (5 here) = destinations for that route

:cool:

Manhattan-1000/2000's

Bronx-3000's

Brooklyn-4000's

Queens-5000's

Staten Island-6000's

Express-7000's

There is SEVERAL duplicate codes in the readings based on the direction the bus is travelling. Remember the operator HAS to punch the code into the farebox which then triggers the sign. So prime example, code 4156 is used for Eastbound Trips while code 4157 is used for Westbound Trips.

As for 4154 showing twice, the second is 4159. typo, and the BED-STUY error is a typo, you try retyping 67 pages of codes and see how PERFECT your typing is after 4-5 hours straight of converting a sloppy put together table into wiki language. OK? How about a thank you?

I'm sorry, just wanted to know if these were errors or not, and if so - that they'd be pointed out to you. I just read it and found these things, I'm sure you would have found them when you re-read it for mistakes, but I just made it a little easier. I'm not telling you I can do better (cause I can't), but I'm just giving you a heads up.

And I do appreciate your work for the transit community. So thank you for the destination code list, and all your hard work and research to put this info and the entire ttmg wiki together.

However, don't give me an attitude about giving you that respect - I know when and where to give respect and when and where it's due. I know you deserve respect and thanks for this hard work.

And btw, I did not know that even numbers meant eastbound and odd means westbound.

I'm sorry, just wanted to know if these were errors or not, and if so - that they'd be pointed out to you. I just read it and found these things, I'm sure you would have found them when you re-read it for mistakes, but I just made it a little easier. I'm not telling you I can do better (cause I can't), but I'm just giving you a heads up.

And I do appreciate your work for the transit community. So thank you for the destination code list, and all your hard work and research to put this info and the entire ttmg wiki together.

However, don't give me an attitude about giving you that respect - I know when and where to give respect and when and where it's due. I know you deserve respect and thanks for this hard work.

And btw, I did not know that even numbers meant eastbound and odd means westbound.

It's a little un-nerving when I go out my way a lot and see little respect for it. So excuse my jumping at you. It seemed as if you were being a little condescending. I do thank you for pointing out the minor errors.

Even Numbers are Northbound & Westbound while Odd Numbers are Southbound & Eastbound.

Archived